Windows 10: "Hack" into laptop after being scammed

Discus and support "Hack" into laptop after being scammed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So long story short, i'm not a bad person...my aunts husband died and in the midst of all this she got a phone call from some shady people who gained... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/timhannah1988, Dec 29, 2020.

1. "Hack" into laptop after being scammed

So long story short, i'm not a bad person...my aunts husband died and in the midst of all this she got a phone call from some shady people who gained access to her laptop then encrypted it and put a password on it (she never had one before). Obviously she wasn't thinking and they are now offering to unlock for a cost.

How can I get into this laptop? On Windows 7 I used to use a Linux based disk to boot up and change the password using cli, is this still possible on windows 10?

The account that has been created is a local account, I have no knowledge about what os version/update she is running, I don't want to pay for a tool... please help.

submitted by /u/timhannah1988
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/timhannah1988, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Old_hand Win User
    Hack Scam

I'm just mentioning this in case anyone else gets one. I went onto a link viaIE11
    [seemed respectable - no MSN Warnings] for music downloads, and a
    window appeared to say I'd been hacked, this hacker was trying to
    hack "their" webpage and I had to call a free number listed to get my
    Internet Explorer Unlocked
    as "they" had had to lock it for "their safety". Needless to say I didn't call them, and
    Win Def didn't find anything.

IE wasn't affected, either. How these scammers are linking to
    Users perhaps only a technician can tell. There are numerous Help
    Pages on the net to check if one has been hacked, and
    they wouldn't have to coax one to phone them if they could penetrate MSN
    defences via a web page. I haven't included any details because this particular scam is local.

Old_hand, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Smeed Win User

"Hack" into laptop after being scammed

Smeed, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

"Hack" into laptop after being scammed

1. "Hack" into laptop after being scammed - Similar Threads - Hack laptop being

2. Being hacked or no being hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Being hacked or no being hacked?: So I just got a bar tablet HD and I was going on to Target website and Austin out of nowhere all these windows popped up and saying Microsoft security alert the window is blocked because my computer is infected with children viruses and it's infecting Microsoft servers so...
  3. Being hacked or no being hacked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Being hacked or no being hacked?: So I just got a bar tablet HD and I was going on to Target website and Austin out of nowhere all these windows popped up and saying Microsoft security alert the window is blocked because my computer is infected with children viruses and it's infecting Microsoft servers so...
  4. scam microsoft account hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scam microsoft account hacked: the email of the hackers is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** please help my email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ******** moved from german to english Community *****...
  5. scam call hack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    scam call hack: how do I rest my computer after a scam call https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/scam-call-hack/4b0228f3-f2d8-4fa4-bb93-345ca3a3c6dd
  6. being hacked

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    being hacked: I have all my family devises on my computer but im the only one that's sopoesed to b on this computer..it says there shating my info , how can I confirm there doing this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/being-hacked/bf1edeab-80ad-4617-9a03-3c8951606732"
  7. Microsoft Hacking Scam!

Microsoft Hacking Scam!: I made a big mistake! My daughter calls me over saying her computer is being hacked. It showed a message claiming to be from Microsoft saying a virus is on her computer and to call the Microsoft Support number on the screen. I call the number, a woman with an Indian accent...
  8. Possible hacking scams

Possible hacking scams: Just in the last couple of days, a laptop that my husband was using had several popups. One is one of the red screen alerts and another was an automated recording with a place to put your Microsoft user id and password. In the recording it kept saying that my laptop had a...
  9. Being hacked

Being hacked: A pop up came on my screen and said it was microsoft and to call this number 1-855-833-9547. They convinced me to give them access to the computer. I now know it was not Microsoft what should I do 12 hours later other than change all passwords....
  10. Email hack / Scam

Email hack / Scam: I am receiving around 40 email over the last few days with the title account update. These are coming as Microsoft or outlook. I have tried to block them but they are all coming from different email address as spam. This is the actual text in the mail Security info...