Windows 10: Hacked account and strange device in Microsoft account

Discus and support Hacked account and strange device in Microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So... I think I may have been hacked by a malicious individual. It's actually pretty scary stuff, but after a week and a half of changing passwords and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by niknakpattywhack, May 8, 2020.

1. Hacked account and strange device in Microsoft account

So... I think I may have been hacked by a malicious individual. It's actually pretty scary stuff, but after a week and a half of changing passwords and removing malware from my laptop, I'm pretty angry about it. It's awful to feel so invaded and unsafe.

I never mess with my Microsoft account settings, though my primary email is my Outlook. I decided to look just a bit ago and wouldn't you know, a strange device laptop was linked to my account. It told me that the battery was around 0% "the last time it checked" or something, but I was wondering if anybody could point me in a direction where I can figure out who is doing this bs to me. I have a "Trace ID" from the foreign device and that's about it - I couldn't lock the device...

Please advise!

***Modified title from: Hacked, pissed off, strange device linked to Microsoft account..***

:)

niknakpattywhack, May 8, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Hacked account and strange device in Microsoft account :(

3. Steam Account Hacked

Had once my steam account hacked and was very pissed and depressed but we got it back very fast. Steam support is great. The strange thing is I didn't had any malware on the machine so until this day I'm wondering how was it possible.

4. PP Mguire Win User

Hacked account and strange device in Microsoft account

77000 Steam accounts hacked every month

Ironically I've had the same crappy password since I made my Steam when HL2 came out and never been hacked, but I've had my Origin account jacked twice with a much more complicated password. 2 step on Origin fixed this problem, but just thought it was kind of funny. I went with 2 step on Steam to be safe too.

Thema:

Hacked account and strange device in Microsoft account

1. Hacked account and strange device in Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Hacked account strange

2. Microsoft Account Keeps getting Hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Keeps getting Hacked: About 3 or 4 times over the last few months my Microsoft Account keeps getting hacked. I receive an email from Microsoft stating someone has changed my password. If this was you do nothing if it was not you change your password. Each time I have done this and that is all that...
  3. Microsoft Account devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Account devices: My Microsoft account shows 4 devices. Does that mean each one is connected with a digital license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-devices/4d904ebe-e588-4b52-aa9c-3ce6ad6c13bf
  4. Hacked, pissed off, strange device linked to Microsoft account..

Hacked, pissed off, strange device linked to Microsoft account..: So... I think I may have been hacked by a malicious individual. It's actually pretty scary stuff, but after a week and a half of changing passwords and removing malware from my laptop, I'm pretty angry about it. It's awful to feel so invaded and unsafe. I never mess with my...
  5. How to recover a hacked microsoft account?

How to recover a hacked microsoft account?: I try to help a friend who'se Microsoft Account seems to have been hacked. The hacker has changed the "alternate email account" where Microsoft sends codes etc. to something that looks like a email address at a Chinese ISP 126.com. The hacker has also changed the password...
  6. Microsoft account hacked and alias deleted

Microsoft account hacked and alias deleted: I recently had my Microsoft account taken over and my alias removed from it by hackers. After speaking on the phone to many Microsoft employees it has become apparent that this means that I have lost everything that was stored on my onedrive. I am absolutely devastated as my...
  7. Hacked account

Hacked account: I've been trying to deal with Microsoft to recover a hacked account, not the one I'm currently signed in on. Can someone give me a phone number where I can talk with a human being? The automated processes aren't working, and somewhere someone is using my account, my name with...
  8. Hacked Microsoft Account

Hacked Microsoft Account: Hi i am very concerned microsoft are not taking this seriously my account was hacked earlier today they got in deleted all my recovery details, email, mobile number etc... they then added their email address which i can see and 2 step security verification onto their...
  9. microsoft account hacked

microsoft account hacked: on Jan 1 I was watching tv when I got a text message showing a Amazon verification code. I was not on Amazon or any body in my family. another one came in about 5 minutes later. I went into Amazon and I could not log in because my password had been changed. I did not request...
  10. Account hacking

Account hacking: My MS account was hacked after I used the App store and entered my Credit card details. I would have thought that Microsoft would have a secure site! On 15 Sept someone used the details to buy 11 items to the value of ZAR1001.50 each and then closed/blocked my MS account. I...