Windows 10: Hacked account and strange device in Microsoft account

Discus and support Hacked account and strange device in Microsoft account in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So... I think I may have been hacked by a malicious individual. It's actually pretty scary stuff, but after a week and a half of changing passwords and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by niknakpattywhack, May 8, 2020.

1. Hacked account and strange device in Microsoft account

So... I think I may have been hacked by a malicious individual. It's actually pretty scary stuff, but after a week and a half of changing passwords and removing malware from my laptop, I'm pretty angry about it. It's awful to feel so invaded and unsafe.

I never mess with my Microsoft account settings, though my primary email is my Outlook. I decided to look just a bit ago and wouldn't you know, a strange device laptop was linked to my account. It told me that the battery was around 0% "the last time it checked" or something, but I was wondering if anybody could point me in a direction where I can figure out who is doing this bs to me. I have a "Trace ID" from the foreign device and that's about it - I couldn't lock the device...

Please advise!

***Modified title from: Hacked, pissed off, strange device linked to Microsoft account..***

:)

niknakpattywhack, May 8, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Hacked account and strange device in Microsoft account :(

Zakin, May 23, 2020
  3. Steam Account Hacked

Had once my steam account hacked and was very pissed and depressed but we got it back very fast. Steam support is great. The strange thing is I didn't had any malware on the machine so until this day I'm wondering how was it possible.

Crap Daddy, May 23, 2020
  4. PP Mguire Win User

Hacked account and strange device in Microsoft account

77000 Steam accounts hacked every month

Ironically I've had the same crappy password since I made my Steam when HL2 came out and never been hacked, but I've had my Origin account jacked twice with a much more complicated password. 2 step on Origin fixed this problem, but just thought it was kind of funny. I went with 2 step on Steam to be safe too.

PP Mguire, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Hacked account and strange device in Microsoft account

1. Hacked account and strange device in Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Hacked account strange

2. Microsoft Account was hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account was hacked: On January 1st my Microsoft account was hacked. The hacker changed my email, alias email, password and removed my security details.I have gone through support numerous times and have only managed to get the account suspended. I recently went on a live chat and explained my...
  3. Hacked Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hacked Microsoft Account: My wife's Microsoft account was hacked through our daughter's use of MineCraft. Our daughter unknowingly provided a code to a hacker and then the hacker added their email to the account and removed our email address to the account which was my wife's email address. I/we have...
  4. Microsoft Account hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account hacked: My Microsoft account has been hacked. The hacker made a purchase on the account. I have since had the charge removed. But I am unable to get my account back. I go through the recommended process to change password and upgrade security except the security part gives a...
  5. Microsoft Account hacked

Microsoft Account hacked: My Microsoft account has been hacked. The hacker made a purchase on the account. I have since had the charge removed. But I am unable to get my account back. I go through the recommended process to change password and upgrade security except the security part gives a...
  6. Microsoft Account hacked

Microsoft Account hacked: My Microsoft account has been hacked and the email changed to a rambler address. I keep trying the account recovery form, but to no avail. As a precautionery measure I made sure 2FA was set up on all my other accounts including paypal. But....what I hadn't realised was that...
  7. Microsoft account hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account hacked: I recently got a new computer and when signing in with my Microsoft account it worked just fine. Yesterday I tried using launching Minecraft and it asked for my Microsoft login like normal and I put it in email and it said that no account existed under this email. I kept...
  8. Microsoft Account Hacked

Microsoft Account Hacked: Hello and Happy Holidays all -My original Administrator Microsoft Account was hacked. Although I completed the required Form to reinstate my Account, the response from Microsoft indicated that I did not provide enough information to reinstate it. This is puzzling. Since the...
  9. microsoft account hacked

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft account hacked: On the 27th of july my microsoft account had been hacked, my email address changed, an app authenticator added and a purchase had been made with my credit card. Since that day I´ve talked with MS support and got my money back, got a new credit card, new account. MS support...
  10. Hacked, pissed off, strange device linked to Microsoft account..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacked, pissed off, strange device linked to Microsoft account..: So... I think I may have been hacked by a malicious individual. It's actually pretty scary stuff, but after a week and a half of changing passwords and removing malware from my laptop, I'm pretty angry about it. It's awful to feel so invaded and unsafe. I never mess with my...