Windows 10: Hacked by roommate Urgent

Discus and support Hacked by roommate Urgent in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I've had a very hard time getting rid of my roommates malware malicious attempts on my computer, and I need some serious good advice. Back in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jacob Telford, May 8, 2020.

1. Hacked by roommate Urgent

Hi, I've had a very hard time getting rid of my roommates malware malicious attempts on my computer, and I need some serious good advice.

Back in November of last year, my roommate went onto my computer with me there, but I wasn't as 'knowledgeable' as I am now about computers.... long story short, he gave admin permissions to a website to read my computer, and I'm pretty sure he's constantly connecting through my microsoft account, and my windows activation code thing. He seems to be connecting to my computer, and he keeps changing my very safe settings to very unsafe ones On malwarebytes, chrome, computer settings. I assume he's doing it slowly, but I have no way of actually knowing, I'm not a tech savvy guy in computer processes.

I've tried reinstalling windows, I've taken it to "Experience Computers" for help with malware, and I've even disabled a MASSIVE amount of phone and 'office computer' connection services on my computer This is later on. But no matter what I can't seem to shake off the virus, however, I think I'm learning more about what it is.

From what I can see, when I first noticed the 'malware' Unsure of classification, I saw my internet browser had a bunch of cookies from "qnxxvmei.com" which when googled, is a malware service that you can program yourself. I contacted police immediately but that fell short as no money has been lost at this point The roommate got more aggressive after this. Afterwards I looked in my task manager, and I noticed "your phone 2" was always connected to my computer I have never connected my phone to my computer, as well as downloads were happening; and this weird microsoft text input application always flickered on and off a few minutes at a time. A new user popped up on my user list, with untouchable permissions about 30 minutes later while i was attempting to fight this by stopping the processes. I tried a few things but nothing I did really helped, and ending the task always brought up microsoft content in the taskbar; immediately followed by "your phone" or "game bar presence writer" then "your phone".

At this point I went to experience computers, and he disabled a bunch of "bloatware" he said, as well as the phone abilities. After this it seemed okay for a small bit, but some things started happening; and I was nervously monitoring my task manager. My settings were still changing from safe to unsafe options, but "your phone" was gone. However microsoft content kept popping up, and after a few tasks flickered on and off too quickly to see; there was a settings synchronization. After this synchronization, a bunch of my computer settings were unsafe again, as well as my malware bytes and my chrome settings.

These settings keep turning to the unsafe options, and I can't seem to find the hole to plug. I have had a few friends helping me find some of the malwares traces, but nothing we do actually fixes the issue; and I'm running out of ideas of how to fix this...

I tried to reach out to https://support.microsoft.com/contactus, however their talk to a person option just spins forever.

Please help.

:)

Jacob Telford, May 8, 2020
  2. Callender Win User

Urgent assistance required please - Browse for folder

Okay I don't see any known troublemakers in the shell extensions shown in explorer tab.

Hacked by roommate Urgent [​IMG]

Would suggest checking for updates for the softwares listed and installing updates if available.

Callender, May 8, 2020
  3. BirdyNV Win User
    Project Roommate

So my roommate has decided to get a PC. Thing is he is an AMD fanboy to the extreme, so I decided to add some candy to what he already had. He has the case, CPU, and motherboard already, what do you guys think? Leading him astray or giving him a good deal? (Never installed a liquid cooled GPU before)
    System Builder

BirdyNV, May 8, 2020
  4. R.Mike Win User

Hacked by roommate Urgent

Email Hacked

Hello Greg

thank you for your response and the great information you provided.

I use two step authentication for my email account and all important web sites. I also use the full version of Malwarebytes to protect my computer.

But I will do the scans you suggested AdwCleaner and Limewire.com and let you know the results.

I am worried though that the webcam installed on my laptop could have been hacked. I never use it and forgot about it, so never disabled it.

Any suggestions as to find if it was actually hacked?

thank you

mike

R.Mike, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Hacked by roommate Urgent

1. Hacked by roommate Urgent - Similar Threads - Hacked roommate Urgent

2. Hacked Microsoft account Urgent!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacked Microsoft account Urgent!: I find it VERY frustrating that the only way to communicate with support is via online request. I am TIRED of playing cat and mouse with whomever has the time to hack into my account. I managed to change my password once but Microsoft KEPT the perp recovery email address for...
  3. Hacked Microsoft account Urgent!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hacked Microsoft account Urgent!: I find it VERY frustrating that the only way to communicate with support is via online request. I am TIRED of playing cat and mouse with whomever has the time to hack into my account. I managed to change my password once but Microsoft KEPT the perp recovery email address for...
  4. Hacked Microsoft account Urgent!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Attempting to fix my roommate's laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attempting to fix my roommate's laptop?: I'm sorry for the vague question but I've been running into a lot of errors trying to fix things. I'll give a rundown of what happened and the errors I'm getting.He's running an Acer Nitro 5 with base specs and a standard to my knowledge Windows 10 system. That's all the info...
  6. Attempting to fix my roommate's laptop?

Attempting to fix my roommate's laptop?: I'm sorry for the vague question but I've been running into a lot of errors trying to fix things. I'll give a rundown of what happened and the errors I'm getting.He's running an Acer Nitro 5 with base specs and a standard to my knowledge Windows 10 system. That's all the info...
  7. Attempting to fix my roommate's laptop?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. URGENT HELP NEEDED! Account Has Been Hacked!

URGENT HELP NEEDED! Account Has Been Hacked!: Hi there!I'm not sure if this is the right place to go, however my account has been hacked and I need urgent intervention from Microsoft.My original account email was: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** woke up this morning to emails saying that my "alias" had...
  9. URGENT Help!! Hacked by remote access Freaking out

URGENT Help!! Hacked by remote access Freaking out: I did something so stupid! So I got a email saying I had a invoice from PayPal. I did not click on anything in the email. I logged into my PayPal account and there it was. A large amount.. At the bottom it said "Thank you for using Paypal" This will be deducted from your...
  10. URGENT Hacked computer and phone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    URGENT Hacked computer and phone: Hello, Im having a serious problem and I need help. I received a phone call from scammers, they had access to my desktop, they run some command in (win+R) console. At the moment they tried to access my bank account and somehow suggested language is from Indonesia. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hacked by housemate