Windows 10: hacked email and password change

Discus and support hacked email and password change in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A few days ago my hotmail, which is linked to my laptop, was hacked and my password was changed by the hacker. The yahoo mail i had for verification... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by eleni2019, Jul 7, 2019.

1. eleni2019 Win User

hacked email and password change

A few days ago my hotmail, which is linked to my laptop, was hacked and my password was changed by the hacker. The yahoo mail i had for verification was closed because of unusual activity so i dont have access to that either. I have also tried to answer these verification questions and stuff but i got them wrong twice. There is no way i can access my hotmail. So any ideas on what to do with that . Can a proffesional change the email? if i reset the laptop will i get rid of it and be able to place a new one? shall i burn my 1200 euros laptop and buy a new one lol.
    Also, in what data does the hacker has access into now? Can he access, for example, bank accounts, other email codes, my steam and origin accounts find my bank account from there and draw money???
    Thank you in advance.

:)

eleni2019, Jul 7, 2019
  2. trickson Win User

Email hacked?

Same thing has been happening to me ! I changed my Email password and it has seemed to fix this problem . Try using a really hard password with capital letters and numbers . Mine was with MSN not yahoo ( Yet ) .

trickson, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Epic Games Forums Hacked; Over 800,000 Passwords Stolen

What they are really saying is : they stole the user database but we don't store passwords, we store password hashes ... emails will be added to all global spam lists though.

BiggieShady, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Major_A Win User

NVIDIA Forums Hack: Passwords Not Salted

After having a few friends get their email accounts hacked I started using 16-32 character passwords. I know that they are still vulnerable but the hope is they are harder to crack than lazier people. Kind of like the expression about 2 people and a bear, "I don't have to run faster than the bear, just faster than you".

If you want a totally random password then I'd suggest using PCTools Secure Password Generator.
    Norton - My Subscription

Major_A, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

1. hacked email and password change - Similar Threads - hacked email password

2. Microsoft Account Hacked and Email & Password changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Hacked and Email & Password changed: This morning I attempted to log onto my computer and I was signed out of all my Microsoft applications. Instead of showing my regular email, it shows fa***** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I checked my email and it shows where they changed my email and password,...
  3. Microsoft Account Hacked and Email & Password changed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Account Hacked and Email & Password changed: This morning I attempted to log onto my computer and I was signed out of all my Microsoft applications. Instead of showing my regular email, it shows fa***** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I checked my email and it shows where they changed my email and password,...
  4. Microsoft Account Hacked and Email & Password changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft account hacked + email and password changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account hacked + email and password changed: So one of these days i was going to play minecraft and i couldnt log in in my account , saying that the outlook email i always used to log in *** Email address is removed for privacy *** dont exist. Thats when i realized that the account was hacked somehow. Ive been trying to...
  6. Microsoft account hacked + email and password changed

Microsoft account hacked + email and password changed: So one of these days i was going to play minecraft and i couldnt log in in my account , saying that the outlook email i always used to log in *** Email address is removed for privacy *** dont exist. Thats when i realized that the account was hacked somehow. Ive been trying to...
  7. Microsoft account hacked, email changed, password changed, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account hacked, email changed, password changed, etc.: My friend hacked my microsoft account by getting the code to a email somehow. I need help retrieving the email because I had spent lots of money on games such as minecraft. my email got changed from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** -> *** Email address is removed...
  8. Microsoft account hacked, email changed, password changed, etc.

Microsoft account hacked, email changed, password changed, etc.: My friend hacked my microsoft account by getting the code to a email somehow. I need help retrieving the email because I had spent lots of money on games such as minecraft. my email got changed from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** -> *** Email address is removed...
  9. Email changed/hacked.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Email changed/hacked.: My Microsoft account. account email was changed last night this account im on now i got an email saying it was changed without me knowing or authorizing anything. The haven't changed the password yet because i managed to set some sort of lock for the moment but i need to get...
  10. Account Was Hacked, And The Email And Password Was Changed

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Account Was Hacked, And The Email And Password Was Changed: Is there any way you could help recover my account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***? I believe someone has hacked it and changed the password so I cannot get in, please help!...