Windows 10: Hacked, pissed off, strange device linked to Microsoft account..

Discus and support Hacked, pissed off, strange device linked to Microsoft account.. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So... I think I may have been hacked by a malicious individual. It's actually pretty scary stuff, but after a week and a half of changing passwords and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by niknakpattywhack, May 8, 2020.

1. Hacked, pissed off, strange device linked to Microsoft account..

So... I think I may have been hacked by a malicious individual. It's actually pretty scary stuff, but after a week and a half of changing passwords and removing malware from my laptop, I'm pretty angry about it. It's awful to feel so invaded and unsafe.

I never mess with my Microsoft account settings, though my primary email is my Outlook. I decided to look just a bit ago and wouldn't you know, a strange device laptop was linked to my account. It told me that the battery was around 0% "the last time it checked" or something, but I was wondering if anybody could point me in a direction where I can figure out who is doing this bs to me. I have a "Trace ID" from the foreign device and that's about it - I couldn't lock the device...

Please advise!

:)

niknakpattywhack, May 8, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Hacked, pissed off, strange device linked to Microsoft account.. :(

Zakin, May 8, 2020
  3. Steam Account Hacked

Had once my steam account hacked and was very pissed and depressed but we got it back very fast. Steam support is great. The strange thing is I didn't had any malware on the machine so until this day I'm wondering how was it possible.

Crap Daddy, May 8, 2020
  4. Hacked, pissed off, strange device linked to Microsoft account..

Microsoft Account was hacked

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I’m sorry to hear that someone hacked into your Microsoft account.

I understand how frustrating this could be. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to click on the link below for steps to recover your account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-back-blocked-account

Sometimes, you may not receive any notifications if the two steps verification settings is turned off.

Please follow the instructions in the link below and make sure that the setting is turned on.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/two-step-verification-faq

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng1709, May 8, 2020
Thema:

Hacked, pissed off, strange device linked to Microsoft account..

1. Hacked, pissed off, strange device linked to Microsoft account.. - Similar Threads - Hacked pissed off

2. Microsoft Account Linked To Windows Has Been Hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Linked To Windows Has Been Hacked: Hi. For the past few days, I've been receiving a lot of concerning emails from Google stating that somebody is trying to access my account. At first, I thought it was just some random kid who tried guessing my password and got it right or just put in passwords so many times...
  3. Pissed on creating an account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pissed on creating an account: I am so pissed and fed up on creating a new account without administrator privellages but everytime i do it always end up with administrative privellages. What to do???...
  4. Pissed on creating an account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pissed on creating an account: I am so pissed and fed up on creating a new account without administrator privellages but everytime i do it always end up with administrative privellages. What to do???...
  5. Pissed on creating an account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Microsoft Account for linked devices

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft Account for linked devices: Hi, I was just wondering about this concern here.Recently, I offered to sell one of my laptops to the company I am affiliated with, for site deployment; a gesture of "helping out". I did the whole sign-out, uninstall, wipe and clean install as per IT. Now it uses a local...
  7. Microsoft Account for linked devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account for linked devices: Hi, I was just wondering about this concern here.Recently, I offered to sell one of my laptops to the company I am affiliated with, for site deployment; a gesture of "helping out". I did the whole sign-out, uninstall, wipe and clean install as per IT. Now it uses a local...
  8. Microsoft Account for linked devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Pissed off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pissed off: I bought my PC and it came with windows activation pre installed with windows 10 on an OEM even says it in the system info but for some stupid reason windows will never activate no matter what i do and no i have not had a hardware change. submitted by /u/RogueCrusader5...
  10. Hacked account and strange device in Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacked account and strange device in Microsoft account: So... I think I may have been hacked by a malicious individual. It's actually pretty scary stuff, but after a week and a half of changing passwords and removing malware from my laptop, I'm pretty angry about it. It's awful to feel so invaded and unsafe. I never mess with my...