Windows 10: Hacked

Discus and support Hacked in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A friend of mine fell for the let me on your computer scam you have a virus.... So now I am trying to do damage control. Through the windows password... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by newbie12345, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Hacked

A friend of mine fell for the let me on your computer scam you have a virus.... So now I am trying to do damage control. Through the windows password manager it showed they had accessed approximately 93 passwords and 5 files. What I am trying to determine is if they copied any files off of the computer since there was a lot of sensitive data that was not encrypted. Everywhere I have looked it shows that there is no way of telling if a computer not on a network had files copied off of it. I have looked at different types of software but unless they were installed prior to the attack then no information can be obtained. Any advice?

:)

newbie12345, Sep 23, 2018
  2. PP Mguire Win User

77000 Steam accounts hacked every month

Ironically I've had the same crappy password since I made my Steam when HL2 came out and never been hacked, but I've had my Origin account jacked twice with a much more complicated password. 2 step on Origin fixed this problem, but just thought it was kind of funny. I went with 2 step on Steam to be safe too.

PP Mguire, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Sep 23, 2018
  4. tmm1225 Win User

Hacked

Microsoft Account was hacked

Thank you but they did not change my password and I think I know who hacked into my account. My two step verification was not turned off. I even had to use the two step process a week or so before he hacked my account. He has top secret security clearance
    and it seems is allowed to do anything. I just need to tell someone about this I guess.

tmm1225, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

Hacked

1. Hacked - Similar Threads - Hacked

2. Hacking attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hacking attempts: I have dozens of failed log in attempts appearing in my activity log from all over the world. Apparently I am listed on the dark web? I have all the security stuff active on my account but how to make this stop? I get numerous emails a day for the One Time Use codes for log...
  3. Hacking attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hacking attempts: I have dozens of failed log in attempts appearing in my activity log from all over the world. Apparently I am listed on the dark web? I have all the security stuff active on my account but how to make this stop? I get numerous emails a day for the One Time Use codes for log...
  4. Hacking attempts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My Facebook account is hacked Hotmail is changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Facebook account is hacked Hotmail is changed: Hello my Facebook is hacked it was on *** Email address is removed for privacy *** with I no longer have access to it I forget password but that email was changed on my Facebook to something like b******** Email address is removed for privacy *** I don't know that Hotmail...
  6. My Facebook account is hacked Hotmail is changed

My Facebook account is hacked Hotmail is changed: Hello my Facebook is hacked it was on *** Email address is removed for privacy *** with I no longer have access to it I forget password but that email was changed on my Facebook to something like b******** Email address is removed for privacy *** I don't know that Hotmail...
  7. Got hacked by a rambler.ru account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got hacked by a rambler.ru account: My microsoft account got hacked by a rambler.ru account and replaced my original email with theirs. that email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***i requested a security info change from that email address back to my own but now my account is locked for two...
  8. Got hacked by a rambler.ru account

Got hacked by a rambler.ru account: My microsoft account got hacked by a rambler.ru account and replaced my original email with theirs. that email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***i requested a security info change from that email address back to my own but now my account is locked for two...
  9. My account was been hacked and then my secruity info was deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account was been hacked and then my secruity info was deleted: I got 2 email from Microsoft that says "Security Info was Deleted", and now I can't log in to any Microsoft related sites with my Microsoft account, it always says the account you entered does not exsit. I've been searching for helps but all the phone number I called are AI....
  10. My account was been hacked and then my secruity info was deleted

My account was been hacked and then my secruity info was deleted: I got 2 email from Microsoft that says "Security Info was Deleted", and now I can't log in to any Microsoft related sites with my Microsoft account, it always says the account you entered does not exsit. I've been searching for helps but all the phone number I called are AI....