Windows 10: Hacker group been hijacking DNS traffic on D-Link routers for 3 months

Discus and support Hacker group been hijacking DNS traffic on D-Link routers for 3 months in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; For the past three months, a cybercrime group has been hacking into home routers --mostly D-Link models-- to change DNS server settings and hijack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Hacker group been hijacking DNS traffic on D-Link routers for 3 months

Read more:

:)

Brink, Apr 6, 2019

2. DNS problems with router

A couple suggestions I have for you:

Update the firmware on the router. Maybe it's getting into a badstate, and a firmware update might fix it. Or if you're comfortable with it, install a custom firmware like dd-wrt. Just make sure its supported on your router first.

Change your DNS to: 8.8.8.8, 4.2.2.1. Might help.

If none of these work, maybe statically set your DNS on your PS3/PC to the IPs you listed, taking the router out of the lookup procedure.

Last option, is look for a new router.

Hybrid_theory, Apr 6, 2019
  3. DNS Unlocker Virus Removal

In case that you really did each and every single step mentioned in the 3 removal guides and you're still experiencing problems:

a) See and try
    DNS Hijacks: Routers
    +
    DNS Hijacks: What to Look For

b) If still no luck: All of the in my first post mentioned Removal Guide sites offer free expert help.

Cheers,

J

Jsssssssss, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Shyska Win User

Computer routers face hijack risk:

Getting access to router acting as router or router acting as a gateway is the same (there might be exceptions, ofc).

But i think i got what you want to say - that your PC's have static DNS server adresses. In that case hijacking router's DNS settings wouldn't wield any results.

Shyska, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Hacker group been hijacking DNS traffic on D-Link routers for 3 months - Similar Threads - Hacker group been

2. Windows bypasses DNS rules on Router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows bypasses DNS rules on Router: I have a small network that is configured, on Linksys router, to use an internal IP for DNS requests.Dnsmasq running on Raspberry PI. The requests are then redirected through a personal tunnel to a personal server running the DNS service.Everything is working great and I have...
  3. Windows bypasses DNS rules on Router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows bypasses DNS rules on Router: I have a small network that is configured, on Linksys router, to use an internal IP for DNS requests.Dnsmasq running on Raspberry PI. The requests are then redirected through a personal tunnel to a personal server running the DNS service.Everything is working great and I have...
  4. Windows bypasses DNS rules on Router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Map network USB drives connected to my D link router

Map network USB drives connected to my D link router: OK, like the title says I can't get my two USB drives to show up on my new 10 Pro 64 box we just built. It sees my win7 ultimate box fine and all it's shares and my 7 box still sees the USB drives. My old 10 box with a I74960x saw the mapped drives too but this box refuses to...
  6. Multiple (duplicate) copies of d-link 921 router in 'Devices and Print

Multiple (duplicate) copies of d-link 921 router in 'Devices and Print: It looks like my d-link 921 router installs itself every time our computers connect to it for 3g/4g connectivity. I can remove them one by one in Devices and Printers but wow that is tedious. I haven't found a setting in the installation guide to prevent this from happening....
  7. Multiple (duplicate) copies of d-link 921 router in 'Devices and Print

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple (duplicate) copies of d-link 921 router in 'Devices and Print: It looks like my d-link 921 router installs itself every time our computers connect to it for 3g/4g connectivity. I can remove them one by one in Devices and Printers but wow that is tedious. I haven't found a setting in the installation guide to prevent this from happening....
  8. D Link

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D Link: I got a d link dwa 140 usb, i installed the drivers correctly, it tells me i'm connected but if i browse the internet it doesn't work, and the diagnosis says it's all right, i don't get it...
  9. Chrome - Link being hijacked

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome - Link being hijacked: I was on this site this morning. Down the page was this link- http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-SG1.../dp/B001EVGIYG. Clearly an Amazon link, however, when I clicked on it I was sent to the Walmart website for the same product. I mouse overed the link and it still shows this...
  10. How to block Specific Ports? D-Link 3780 Router.

How to block Specific Ports? D-Link 3780 Router.: Does anyone know how to block specific Ports on a D-Link 3780 Router? I can't find instructions on how to block individual, specific ports, both inbound and outbound. Software Firewall on the computer isn't effective - blocking needs to be done from the Router's onboard...