Windows 10: hacker ? I cannot sign into my aol email account.

Discus and support hacker ? I cannot sign into my aol email account. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I tried to sign into my free AOL email account today and it did not allow me to, it said I needed to verify it was me and it showed a portion of my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Leannemb123, Jan 3, 2021.

1. hacker ? I cannot sign into my aol email account.

I tried to sign into my free AOL email account today and it did not allow me to, it said I needed to verify it was me and it showed a portion of my landline phone number My landline phone number is how my internet comes through to my home and computer . I have NEVER entered my landline number so I don't know how they got this. It asked for a security pin #. This has never happened before in 30 + years. I suddenly got a phone call on my landline phone from an automated scammer voice that stated "ENTER THIS SECURITY PIN NUMBER to access your account and verify your identity." And it said some numbers. I did not use the numbers, It is a scam. I attempted again to sign into my AOL email account and again it blocked me from accessing. I got ANOTHER automated phone call on my landline phone telling me to ENTER THIS SECURITY PIN #., and it said some different numbers this time. Can Windows Defender, Windows Security help me with this ? How can I access my email account ? Do I have a hacker in my computer already because they have my landline phone number and are calling it ? Any advice would be appreciated. My home phone & internet provider Century Link is the only one who has my landline phone number. I had to call them again recently because my internet has been poor and not working off and on. When I call, I always get someone from another country and difficult to understand. I usually begin to get phony scam calls ex: saying they are with the "IRS", "Social Security" etc, following speaking to these over seas Century Link Reps.

:)

Leannemb123, Jan 3, 2021
  2. Jerry8A Win User

AOL Gold Problem - Delayed Sign On

Sorry, by mistake I deleted my last post saying I would get back tomorrow. Also, sorry about the confusion of my post on V2 and signing onto AOL.. I am now able to access AOL in Clean Boot mode using the AOL icon from my desktop.

Here is V2 (I hope) in Clean Boot mode.

DESKTOP-I57DH7V-(2020-06-03_05-59-36).zip

I will monitor AOL in Clean Boot mode and get back.

Jerry

- - - Updated - - -

I performed the steps as previously noted.

Here are the results.

1. There was still a delay in AOL responding.
    2. I did the Clean Boot process a number of times, mainly because I was not sure about the Clean Boot last step to restart the computer. So, I did Clean Boot both ways – Restart and Not Restart.

Now here is the big one.

During my last Clean Boot, I tried to log onto my AOL account. And, for some reason, my screen froze. I could not log on. Therefore, I could not supply screenshots of my Clean Boot process or respond to you in the Clean Boot mode. I hesitate to try the Clean Boot process again.

After I get your response, I have some follow-up questions.

Jerry

- - - Updated - - -

I am going to try again with a Clean Boot for this reason. I may have taken an unnecessary step.
    Brink’s instructions were for me to sign in as an Administrator. So, I created another Administrator only account and did all my tests within that account. I did not realize my Microsoft account had me listed as an Administrator. I’m sure that contributed to my confusing email I previously sent.
    I will get back after doing a Clean Boot within my Microsoft account with what I find. However, I am still confused about Brink’s Clean Boot instructions. The last step says to Restart the computer. Another post said to choose “Exit without restart.”
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jan 3, 2021
  3. jds63 Win User
    Trouble signing into AOL Mail

Lately i am having trouble signing into my AOL mail account. On every attempt whichever browser i use i receive this message my first image showing Firefox second image Microsoft Edge.

hacker ? I cannot sign into my aol email account. [​IMG]

hacker ? I cannot sign into my aol email account. [​IMG]

In Firefox after receiving this message if i click the bookmark for AOL it will eventually sign in, with Edge this always happens. Tried starting Firefox with addons disabled in safe mode but goes directly to page shown in Firefox image posted.

Internet Explorer never even loads AOL. Tried googling to find out any issues with AOL but no help there.

Not sure what else to try everything else i do on my browsers are fine plus any other e-mail accounts.
    No new software was added recently and all windows updates have been done recently.

Any help is much appreciated !

jds63, Jan 3, 2021
  4. hacker ? I cannot sign into my aol email account.

Outlook trouble in Windows 10 handling AOL email

Hi Dave,

• Are you referring to Windows 10 Mail App?
    • If yes, then is that an additional account?

If your AOL is an additional account in Windows 10 Mail App, then I suggest you to remove the account and reconfigure it and check the behavior. And if your AOL is primary a account, please get back to us for further assistance.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Thank you

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

hacker ? I cannot sign into my aol email account.

1. hacker ? I cannot sign into my aol email account. - Similar Threads - hacker cannot sign

2. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign...: Please help! I've attempted recovery using the recovery tool many times with no success. I then called Microsoft support, and the only thing they said i could do is keep trying to recover using the recovery tool. The support phone call was ZERO help, I informed them that I...
  3. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign...: Please help! I've attempted recovery using the recovery tool many times with no success. I then called Microsoft support, and the only thing they said i could do is keep trying to recover using the recovery tool. The support phone call was ZERO help, I informed them that I...
  4. I lost my account to hackers that changed my email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my account to hackers that changed my email: I just tried logging in to my microsoft account and it said an account with that email, does not exist. Please recover my account, or help me do so, I dont want to permanently loose everything. I bought many games and i dont want to buy them again. Please just get my account...
  5. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, I cannot sign in and cannot...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, I cannot sign in and cannot...: I tried the ACSR form but when I try it and put in the email of the account that has been hacked it says there is no account with that email associated with it, but that is because the hacker probably changed the email to their email. So what do I do?...
  6. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, I cannot sign in and cannot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, I cannot sign in and cannot...: I tried the ACSR form but when I try it and put in the email of the account that has been hacked it says there is no account with that email associated with it, but that is because the hacker probably changed the email to their email. So what do I do?...
  7. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, I cannot sign in and cannot...

8. My Microsoft account was hacked, hackers changed email address, made purchase, cannot sign...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  9. How to Create an AOL Email Account? AOL Sign Up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Create an AOL Email Account? AOL Sign Up: AOL offers a bevy of advantages to its users. One of its features that attract users is that they need not pay to create an AOL account, it's completely free of cost. Users also download the AOL app on their mobile or tablet to access their uninterrupted services. Along with...
  10. AOL email sign on

AOL email sign on: I can't get into my aol account....guce.advertising error...what is the fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/aol-email-sign-on/40eb90ef-4f0d-4aec-ad5d-fed62169d19b