Windows 10: Hacker keeps taking over my laptop. If I unplug my ethernet cable & turn off my router he...

Discus and support Hacker keeps taking over my laptop. If I unplug my ethernet cable & turn off my router he... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A hacker gets on my laptop and blatantly mouses around opening and shutting things on my desktop. His curser will be in one place as he does things in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Katsumi-Otaku, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Hacker keeps taking over my laptop. If I unplug my ethernet cable & turn off my router he...

A hacker gets on my laptop and blatantly mouses around opening and shutting things on my desktop. His curser will be in one place as he does things in another place.

I took my laptop to the Microsoft store and they checked it out and they said that there was a remote destop app called anydesk left open that I didnt put there, so they took it off and scanned for trojans and I went home and wiped it. He keeps getting on though. The last time he got on I unplugged my ethernet cable and turned off my router and he was still able to stay on and mouse around while I was not because I had no internet with mine turned off, so he must be using his own internet some how, (I have many neigbors and all thier wifi names show up on my laptop)

Now please dont answer with “Thats impossible”

If you don’t happen to have an answer or a question for me maybe you could point me in the direction of a good computer tech who can help with security issues for average users. There are plenty on the internet for huge corporations but I cant find any for individual users who dont want to spend a fortune. Everyone advertized seems to be Geek Squad or Windows Store Level with no answers.

I know how to wipe my laptop and reinstall Windows. At this point I dont want to erase any traces because I would like to call the cops on him but I need to trace things back to him first.

Thank you

:)

Katsumi-Otaku, Mar 18, 2019
  2. Griffin7 Win User

"Ethernet Cable Unplugged"

Good day,

I keep on getting a notice that my Ethernet Cable is unplugged. I have an Acer laptop and there are no loose cables that I use. This happens when I use public wifi.

Please help urgently! This is extremely frustrating because it prevents me from connecting to free wifi services.

These are the details:

Manufacturer: Realtek

Description: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Driver version: 10.1.505.2015

Thank you!

Griffin7, Mar 18, 2019
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Hackers remotely turning on our computer

It's more than likely something connected to a USB port that is turning your computer on. Want to prove it? Just unplug the ethernet cable from the network card, if the computer still gets turned on, it's not hackers coming in through the network, nor network related at all. Then after it comes on again with the network cable unplugged, unplug everything that is plugged into USB ports and see if that stops it.

NavyLCDR, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Hacker keeps taking over my laptop. If I unplug my ethernet cable & turn off my router he...

"Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection

Okay.

Can you unplug laptop and remove battery. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Then leave your device unplugged, no battery and have a coffee or ...... Some devices don't reset properly so I'm, hoping a total lost of power causes a reset.

While this doesn't make sense could you enter your Bios and see if there is a setting for the Onboard Lan. Disable it and save. Reboot. Then enter BIOS again and enable. (Wants to ensure there isn't something in BIOS preventing operation.)

You said you tested cable with other device. I think you mention you saw the green and yellow lights when connected to this other laptop. Do you see any lights when you connect to troubled device? For sure the cable is fully seated in troubled laptop. (Okay shoot me for asking)

I know you said you did clean install. Did you check TCP/IP settings to ensure that when cable is connected it is not in Static IP mode?
    Type ipconfig /all and look under ethernet section. It should list dhcp mode.

While likely not a router have you powered down your router for a minute and then restarted. Like I said, not likely, but something simple to add to your growing list of things you've done.

I saw one solution was to head to your adapters properties through Network and Sharing and on "Sharing" tab enable sharing.

Good luck.

Caledon Ken, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Hacker keeps taking over my laptop. If I unplug my ethernet cable & turn off my router he...

1. Hacker keeps taking over my laptop. If I unplug my ethernet cable & turn off my router he... - Similar Threads - Hacker keeps taking

2. My internet not working I cannect my ethernet cable through router to desktop but in router...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My internet not working I cannect my ethernet cable through router to desktop but in router...: My internet not working on my desktop I connected my ethernet cable to router it's light blinking but not connected on my desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-not-working-i-cannect-my-ethernet/d50a06b3-1c9f-496a-bdf3-9a1bc3d56ba6
  3. My laptop keeps shutting off my router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps shutting off my router: Every time I use my laptop Lenovo ThinPad my WiFi router turns off, and everything on the WiFi gets disconnected. None of my other devices turn off the router, it's just my laptop. Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  4. My laptop keeps shutting off my router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps shutting off my router: Every time I use my laptop Lenovo ThinPad my WiFi router turns off, and everything on the WiFi gets disconnected. None of my other devices turn off the router, it's just my laptop. Any ideas on how to fix this?...
  5. A hacker tried to take over my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A hacker tried to take over my computer: A hacker tried to take over my computer. When I opened my laptop, a couple Windows Defender Security Center pop up came up and the message said to call Microsoft Security at 888-901-6654 to unlock my computer. I called the number and the person said to type Windows key and R....
  6. A hacker tried to take over my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A hacker tried to take over my computer: A hacker tried to take over my computer. When I opened my laptop, a couple Windows Defender Security Center pop up came up and the message said to call Microsoft Security at 888-901-6654 to unlock my computer. I called the number and the person said to type Windows key and R....
  7. A hacker tried to take over my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. My Ethernet Keeps Turning Off and On and Is Extremely Slow

My Ethernet Keeps Turning Off and On and Is Extremely Slow: I had recently gone to my friends house and I brought my PC over for a lan. I had read that I can share internet through his PC with an ethernet and when we tried it didn't work. After I got home my ethernet started to stop working and It would keep turning on and off and I...
  9. Ethernet unplugged - > not connected/cable unplugged

Ethernet unplugged - > not connected/cable unplugged: Like the title says, it says ethernet unidentified and then unplugged all within 2 seconds and it keeps happening again, and again, I can fix this by going to adapter properties then qos packet scheduler - > configure - > advanced and change speed & duplex to 10mbps half or...
  10. Ethernet cable unplugged

Ethernet cable unplugged: Hello guys i am having problem with my Ethernet connection. When i connect the cable to the computer nothing happend and if i try to do a troubleshoot it say that there is no calbe pluged. I bought the cable 6 hours ago so it is a new one. The think is i press to reset the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen turns off have to unplug cable to reconnect