Windows 10: Hacker leaks passwords for 500,000+ servers, routers, and IoT devices

Discus and support Hacker leaks passwords for 500,000+ servers, routers, and IoT devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A hacker has published this week a massive list of Telnet credentials for more than 515,000 servers, home routers, and IoT (Internet of Things) "smart"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Hacker leaks passwords for 500,000+ servers, routers, and IoT devices

Read more: Hacker leaks passwords for more than 500,000 servers, routers, and IoT devices | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Jan 23, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Dann Ave Win User
    Safely Changing Router Password

HI Sherry,

You should still be able to manage your router's password even with the prompt for the site not being secure. Though if you are unable to completely access your router's gateway, you can use the router's IP.

To get the IP, follow the following steps.

• Press Windows key and X.
    • Select Command Prompt.
    • Type: ipconfig /all.
    • On the information that will show, look for DHCP Server, take note of its IP.

You can type the IP to your browser to access your router's gateway.

If you are still having concerns with accessing your router's gateway, best to contact your internet service provider if they are the ones who gave the router, or the router's manufacturer for further assistance.

Regards.

Dann Ave, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

FBI warns hacked IoT devices used for malicious cyber activities

Source: Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) | Cyber Actors Use Internet of Things Devices as Proxies for Anonymity and Pursuit of Malicious Cyber Activities

Brink, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Hacker leaks passwords for 500,000+ servers, routers, and IoT devices - Similar Threads - Hacker leaks passwords

2. changing router password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing router password: Hi guys,Is there a foolproof way to change my router password. I have my Network Name, IP address and Password.I'm using Windows 11.Your help would be much appreciated. Kind regardsDenis...
  3. Hacker sent me an email of all my passwords and claims to leak video of me.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacker sent me an email of all my passwords and claims to leak video of me.: Hi. I have bad news for you! YtC+wi?o0 15.12.2022-On this day, I hacked your device's operating system and got full access to your account . I have been watching you closely for a long time. gF;!L- I installed a virus on your system that allows me to control all your devices....
  4. Hacker sent me an email of all my passwords and claims to leak video of me.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hacker sent me an email of all my passwords and claims to leak video of me.: Hi. I have bad news for you! YtC+wi?o0 15.12.2022-On this day, I hacked your device's operating system and got full access to your account . I have been watching you closely for a long time. gF;!L- I installed a virus on your system that allows me to control all your devices....
  5. Hacker sent me an email of all my passwords and claims to leak video of me.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Internal Server Error / Code 500

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal Server Error / Code 500: Hi. I have 4 hotmail addresses. Only one has developed an issue. I can not add photos to an email and I can not open a received pdf. When I try to download - I get an error code 500 / internal server error. I have tried to reseach this - but cannot open the server manager -...
  7. 500 server error

in Windows 10 Customization
    500 server error: How to resolve 500 Server error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/500-server-error/9b02e424-c261-4977-8b49-98c6f3cbcdb6
  8. Is my password leaked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is my password leaked?: I got a notification from MS authenticator said there was a attempt login from China. Of course not me, i denied right away. My question is does it mean this guy in China already have my password? Or he can just input any password to trigger my two step verification?...
  9. Build your IoT devices with Windows for IoT

in Windows 10 News
    Build your IoT devices with Windows for IoT: [img] Embedded computing has been around for a number of years. Recent advances in computing such as artificial intelligence, more powerful sensors, and container technology are unlocking new scenarios and creating new paradigms for device developers. As Artificial...
  10. IoT botnet infects 100,000 routers to send spam

in Windows 10 News
    IoT botnet infects 100,000 routers to send spam: A new botnet made up of roughly 100,000 home routers has silently grown over the past two months. According to current evidence, the botnet's operators appear to use the infected routers to connect to webmail services and are most likely sending out massive email spam...