Windows 10: hackers asking me 490$ to remove .cosakos encrypted files

Discus and support hackers asking me 490$ to remove .cosakos encrypted files in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; yesterday i faced a problem that all my files are effected by .cosakos ransomeware pls help me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by yoganandamuni, Aug 4, 2019.

1. hackers asking me 490$ to remove .cosakos encrypted files

yesterday i faced a problem that all my files are effected by .cosakos ransomeware pls help me

:)

yoganandamuni, Aug 4, 2019

2. hackers asking me 490$ to remove .cosakos encrypted files

yesterday i faced a problem that all my files are effected by .cosakos ransomeware pls help me

yoganandamuni, Sep 29, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    hackers asking me 490$ to remove .cosakos encrypted files

Hi yoganandamuni

I am sorry this has happened to you and I would advise against paying the hackers . . .

Check the link below to see if the STOPDecrypter they are developing on that site can decrypt your files

If not, copy your files to another drive and wait until a decrypter for cosakos becomes available

You will find a lot of websites that will try to get you to purchase software to remove the ransomware, they will not work, ransomware decrypters are developed for free

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/67147...

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DaveM121, Sep 29, 2019
  4. S-and-S Win User

To add insult to injury, there are by now hundreds of phony websites that offer to decrypt your files, when what they really do is add more malware to your computer. It's difficult to know whom to trust.

Even among websites that many consider trustworthy, their proposed solutions may be outdated. Attackers read those websites too, and modify their attacks accordingly. And even the best among these trustworthy websites are volunteers trying to fight against
    the concerted efforts of professional attackers.

Under the best of circumstances, organizations offering to help need to be able to examine your computer, in order to figure out exactly how your files were encrypted. Otherwise, nobody can be really sure how you were attacked and what to do about it, or
    if anything can be done.

Even if you pay the ransom, there's no guarantee that your files will be decrypted, and if you pay, you'll probably me targeted for more attacks. That's why it's a good idea to refuse to pay the ransom, unless you truly have no choice.

Face it: In all likelihood, you will not recover your files any time soon, and very possibly never will. And recovering your files isn't even your biggest problem: You can be sure that the attackers are reading your files and looking for personal information
    that they can use to impersonate you. To an attacker, that's where the real money is.

Here's what I recommend:

1- Disconnect your computer from the internet.

You can't be attacked any further if you're not connected to the internet.

2- Make copies of your encrypted personal files (documents, pictures, etc.) Store them in their own USB flash drive or external drive.

3- Make an image of your encrypted hard drive, and store the image together with your encrypted files.

At some future time, professionals may be able to decrypt your files if you can show them your copies.

4- Do a low-level format of your hard drive - that's where your entire hard drive is overwritten with zeros. There are instructions on the internet or you can ask a professional to do it for you.

5- Do a clean install of Windows and all your software. Easiest of all is a factory restore which returns your computer to exactly the way it was when it left the factory, hence the name. Your computer's manufacturer has instructions for this on
    their website. It's fast and easy, unless your recovery partition has also been encrypted.

Now you can reconnect your computer to the internet.

6. Very important:

• Change all your passwords to online accounts.
    • Inform friends and family what happened so they will be wary of being attacked from emails allegedly from you. You may need to get new email accounts.
    • Be on the lookout for signs that your identity has been stolen.

S-and-S, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

1. hackers asking me 490$ to remove .cosakos encrypted files - Similar Threads - hackers asking 490$

2. a hacker is trying to hack me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a hacker is trying to hack me: I Need help I am getting brutforced by some hacker that changes his ip every day he trys to bruteforce me everyday could you please do something about him he tried to hack me like 5 times already i tried to send microsoft a message in their e-mail and it said it is not...
  3. a hacker is trying to hack me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a hacker is trying to hack me: I Need help I am getting brutforced by some hacker that changes his ip every day he trys to bruteforce me everyday could you please do something about him he tried to hack me like 5 times already i tried to send microsoft a message in their e-mail and it said it is not...
  4. Why is Windows 10 Professional asking me to back up my file encryption certificate and key?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is Windows 10 Professional asking me to back up my file encryption certificate and key?: I now have a pop up asking me to backup keys on a removable media.I don't have bit locker encryption, or any files encrypted. I ran checkdsk on all my files and drives, and no problems, I rebooted, I powered down and powered back on. I checked the event log for other errors...
  5. File Explorer Encryption Removal

File Explorer Encryption Removal: Hello all, I am having troubles removing the file encryption from my documents folder within file explorer. It started when I was made aware that files could be encrypted within windows and so I tried to use this feature on one sub folder within documents. I was hoping for...
  6. To remove encryption of file

To remove encryption of file: My one of the folder is encrypted and error code 0x80071771 how to resolve. I changed operating system windows 10 instead of windows 10 pro Asking administrator permission. But I forgot administrator details and password Please let me know how to resolve this problem....
  7. Cannot remove efs encryption from files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot remove efs encryption from files: So I wanted to test how exactly efs works, I needed simple encryption for single folder with its files inside, not whole drive/volume encryption like most programs do I got into the folder's properties > advanced and checked the encrypt data checkbox, i picked folder + files...
  8. Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...: I do not use a smart card. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypting-file-system-you-are-encrypting-a-file/a56f8b42-45e4-4d23-a119-5b4ee55f305e"
  9. Hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for ransom

in Windows 10 News
    Hacker is wiping Git repositories and asking for ransom: Hundreds of developers have had had Git source code repositories wiped and replaced with a ransom demand. The attacks started earlier today, appear to be coordinated across Git hosting services (GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab), and it is still unclear how they are happening....
  10. Windows 10 Asking Me To Back Up My File Encryption Key But...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Asking Me To Back Up My File Encryption Key But...: Hey folks, Today, all of a sudden, a notification prompt appeared and Windows 10 asked me to back up my file encryption key. (I'm on W10 pro with the latest stable update) I was pretty sure I haven't used any kind of encryption in my life. I googled for a while, but...