Windows 10: Hackers opening SMB ports on routers to infect PCs with NSA malware

Discus and support Hackers opening SMB ports on routers to infect PCs with NSA malware in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Akamai has detected an ingenious malware campaign that alters configurations on home and small office routers to open connections toward internal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Hackers opening SMB ports on routers to infect PCs with NSA malware

Read more: Hackers are opening SMB ports on routers so they can infect PCs with NSA malware | ZDNet

See also: https://blogs.akamai.com/sitr/2018/1...alsilence.html

:)

Brink, Nov 28, 2018
  2. Borg 386 Win User

US takes aim at Russian hackers who infected over 500,000 routers

US takes aim at Russian hackers who infected over 500,000 routers - CNET

Borg 386, Nov 28, 2018
  3. bruinator Win User
    steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Nov 28, 2018
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Hackers opening SMB ports on routers to infect PCs with NSA malware - Similar Threads - Hackers opening SMB

2. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infected by malware: I have been infected with something that says " MCAffee"Subscription payment failed". I tried to find it a program to delete but could not. I run a Dell with Windows 10 Pro. How do I delete this program?Thanks in advance....
  3. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infected by malware: I have been infected with something that says " MCAffee"Subscription payment failed". I tried to find it a program to delete but could not. I run a Dell with Windows 10 Pro. How do I delete this program?Thanks in advance....
  4. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. hacker / malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hacker / malware: I've been noticing a number of issues with my computer lately both on windows 10 and windows 11 i had just recently upgraded but these issues were a problem on windows 10 and i thought windows 11 would fix it but it did not,one issue is that my disk is always at 100% usage...
  6. hacker / malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hacker / malware: I've been noticing a number of issues with my computer lately both on windows 10 and windows 11 i had just recently upgraded but these issues were a problem on windows 10 and i thought windows 11 would fix it but it did not,one issue is that my disk is always at 100% usage...
  7. Malware infection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware infection: My laptop got infected with malware win-10 after using anti-malware I deleted some programme now a msg is popping up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-infection/b87a988d-00df-4403-9be2-2afdd9d9f889
  8. New Nodersok malware has infected thousands of PCs

in Windows 10 News
    New Nodersok malware has infected thousands of PCs: Thousands of Windows computers across the world have been infected with a new strain of malware that downloads and installs a copy of the Node.js framework to convert infected systems into proxies and perform click-fraud. The malware, named Nodersok (in a Microsoft report)...
  9. CIA Infection of Routers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CIA Infection of Routers: What do the forum's security experts think of this? https://arstechnica.com/security/201...stening-posts/ 86979
  10. SMB exploitable by malware?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SMB exploitable by malware?: I have some backup software that takes backups to a non-mapped NAS share. While a backup is running the cmdlet Get-SmbConnection shows Code: ServerName ShareName UserName Credential Dialect NumOpens ---------- --------- -------- ---------- ------- -------- MYBOOKLIVE...