Windows 10: Hacking

Discus and support Hacking in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was online a few minutes ago when a screen came up saying "Error" Call 800.216.9074. Someone has tried to enter your computer to complete illegal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KristenBaleno, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Hacking

I was online a few minutes ago when a screen came up saying "Error" Call 800.216.9074. Someone has tried to enter your computer to complete illegal business." I called the number and wound up talking to someone named Jason. He told me to hold my thumb on the Windows logo on the bottom left of t he page, and the R simultaneously. Ultimately, it asked me to enter a file, document, etc., name. I started getting anxious about this whole thing and said I would call him back. He asked if I wanted to lose my whole computer. I said no but I asked who he worked for. He said he was a Microsoft Tech. But how can I trust that? I'm not very tech savvy. And I'm afraid of what he could be doing to my computer. What should I do now?

:)

KristenBaleno, Apr 15, 2019
  2. R.Mike Win User

Email Hacked

Hello Greg

thank you for your response and the great information you provided.

I use two step authentication for my email account and all important web sites. I also use the full version of Malwarebytes to protect my computer.

But I will do the scans you suggested AdwCleaner and Limewire.com and let you know the results.

I am worried though that the webcam installed on my laptop could have been hacked. I never use it and forgot about it, so never disabled it.

Any suggestions as to find if it was actually hacked?

thank you

mike

R.Mike, Apr 15, 2019
  3. PP Mguire Win User
    77000 Steam accounts hacked every month

Ironically I've had the same crappy password since I made my Steam when HL2 came out and never been hacked, but I've had my Origin account jacked twice with a much more complicated password. 2 step on Origin fixed this problem, but just thought it was kind of funny. I went with 2 step on Steam to be safe too.

PP Mguire, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Rohit_R Win User

Hacking

My laptop is remotely hacked

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In line with your concern, please help me with following question:

• Are you using the Local account or Microsoft account on the computer?

Try to perform the below steps:

• Scan the system with the
      Microsoft Safety Scanner
    • Turn ON the Windows Updates and get all the required Updates to install.
    Update Windows 10

Refer this link if facing any issues with the Windows Updates:

Windows 10 Updates: FAQ

You may follow the steps in the below link to protect your PC from Viruses and Hacking:

Protect my PC from viruses and Hackers

Hope it helps.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Hacking

1. Hacking - Similar Threads - Hacking

2. hacked indirectly via answers.microsoft.com ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hacked indirectly via answers.microsoft.com ?: This morning I had an email problem using my Outlook app on a Windows 10 desktop. I posted a question in the Email section of this board, titled, "mail sent with Outlook disappeared". Within minutes I received a useful response on board from an MVP. A few minutes after...
  3. Hotmail Hacked and now Win10 account inaccessible

Hotmail Hacked and now Win10 account inaccessible: So, my hotmail account was hacked! How do i know this for sure? Because the recovery email selection is not a domain i have EVER used. I have tried RELENTLESSLY and NUMEROUS times to get into the hotmail account and fix it. The microsoft automated service refuses to...
  4. Watch Microsoft Unboxed: Hacking 101 - Ep. 24

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Microsoft Unboxed: Hacking 101 - Ep. 24: This week on Microsoft Unboxed, it’s all about hacking as our cohosts Colleen and Sonia discuss the upcoming Microsoft Hackathon. They cover a few of this year’s hackathon categories, including Hack for Ethics and Hack for LinkedIn, and are later joined in the studio by...
  5. Watch Microsoft Unboxed: Hacking - Ep. 24

in Windows 10 News
    Watch Microsoft Unboxed: Hacking - Ep. 24: This week on Microsoft Unboxed, it’s all about hacking as our cohosts Colleen and Sonia discuss the upcoming Microsoft Hackathon. They cover a few of this year’s hackathon categories, including Hack for Ethics and Hack for LinkedIn, and are later joined in the studio by...
  6. Hacked

Hacked: I think someone got my phone number off my computer. I recently researched companies to get my furnace ducts cleaned. Now I get calls from scammers offering to clean my ducts for ridiculously low prices. If they got my phone number I fear what other information they may...
  7. OneDrive hacked - sex photo's in my OneDrive!!!

OneDrive hacked - sex photo's in my OneDrive!!!: Someone hacked my OneDrive account and puts sex-photo's in my OneDrive!!! :-(( Does anyone know what to do? I don't use the OneDrive, but it seems I can't shut it down? And who do I protect this? I have a new spamfilter and so on....
  8. I'm hacked I think

I'm hacked I think: Next to the time in my taskbar is the word hacked. I am a novice and don't know where to start to find out how this got there. It was appearing every now and then , but is now there all the time. I'm assuming I should be concerned about this. I ran SuperAntispyware and found...
  9. hacked email and password change

hacked email and password change: A few days ago my hotmail, which is linked to my laptop, was hacked and my password was changed by the hacker. The yahoo mail i had for verification was closed because of unusual activity so i dont have access to that either. I have also tried to answer these verification...
  10. Microsoft Account hacked and taken over

Microsoft Account hacked and taken over: This has been about the most absurd experience of my life dealing with security issues. The short version: My main Microsoft account was taken over. Microsoft won't pick up phones and the one time I did get through was during the month long "security hold" that even they...