Windows 10: Hacking

Discus and support Hacking in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have just received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft and taking me through a procedure advising me that Microsoft has received... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EuanBlauvelt, May 20, 2019.

1. Hacking

I have just received a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft and taking me through a procedure advising me that Microsoft has received warnings that my computer is infected and asking to have control of the computer. He asked me several times what I use the computer for.

Is this from Microsoft or a Scam?

Euan

:)

EuanBlauvelt, May 20, 2019
  2. R.Mike Win User

Email Hacked

Hello Greg

thank you for your response and the great information you provided.

I use two step authentication for my email account and all important web sites. I also use the full version of Malwarebytes to protect my computer.

But I will do the scans you suggested AdwCleaner and Limewire.com and let you know the results.

I am worried though that the webcam installed on my laptop could have been hacked. I never use it and forgot about it, so never disabled it.

Any suggestions as to find if it was actually hacked?

thank you

mike

R.Mike, May 20, 2019
  3. PP Mguire Win User
    77000 Steam accounts hacked every month

Ironically I've had the same crappy password since I made my Steam when HL2 came out and never been hacked, but I've had my Origin account jacked twice with a much more complicated password. 2 step on Origin fixed this problem, but just thought it was kind of funny. I went with 2 step on Steam to be safe too.

PP Mguire, May 20, 2019
  4. Rohit_R Win User

Hacking

My laptop is remotely hacked

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In line with your concern, please help me with following question:

• Are you using the Local account or Microsoft account on the computer?

Try to perform the below steps:

• Scan the system with the
      Microsoft Safety Scanner
    • Turn ON the Windows Updates and get all the required Updates to install.
    Update Windows 10

Refer this link if facing any issues with the Windows Updates:

Windows 10 Updates: FAQ

You may follow the steps in the below link to protect your PC from Viruses and Hacking:

Protect my PC from viruses and Hackers

Hope it helps.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, May 20, 2019
Thema:

Hacking

1. Hacking - Similar Threads - Hacking

2. Hack and locked account Help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hack and locked account Help.: I've recently tried logging back into my account for Microsoft, after which it had said I need to recover my account as it no longer has an account registered under my original email, and it had me trying to recover it, I believe this is due to inactivity where Microsoft...
  3. Hack and locked account Help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hack and locked account Help.: I've recently tried logging back into my account for Microsoft, after which it had said I need to recover my account as it no longer has an account registered under my original email, and it had me trying to recover it, I believe this is due to inactivity where Microsoft...
  4. Hack and locked account Help.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. My microsoft account got hacked and i have the email of the account that hacked me. How do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft account got hacked and i have the email of the account that hacked me. How do...: i have submitted a form for it but i dont remember everything about it like my xbox name and stuff. ive had this account for 4+ years. I got the email of the email that hacked me but i dont know what to do now...
  6. My microsoft account got hacked and i have the email of the account that hacked me. How do...

My microsoft account got hacked and i have the email of the account that hacked me. How do...: i have submitted a form for it but i dont remember everything about it like my xbox name and stuff. ive had this account for 4+ years. I got the email of the email that hacked me but i dont know what to do now...
  7. Your Account Has been Locked for violating terms of agreements i was HACKED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Account Has been Locked for violating terms of agreements i was HACKED: Hi so my Account was hacked into 5 days ago First it said help us secure your account and at the time i had no way in getting my verification code but now i have access to the account linked to my locked account and still i cant get in as Microsoft wont let me send a code to...
  8. Your Account Has been Locked for violating terms of agreements i was HACKED

Your Account Has been Locked for violating terms of agreements i was HACKED: Hi so my Account was hacked into 5 days ago First it said help us secure your account and at the time i had no way in getting my verification code but now i have access to the account linked to my locked account and still i cant get in as Microsoft wont let me send a code to...
  9. Microsoft Account was hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account was hacked: On January 1st my Microsoft account was hacked. The hacker changed my email, alias email, password and removed my security details.I have gone through support numerous times and have only managed to get the account suspended. I recently went on a live chat and explained my...
  10. Microsoft Account was hacked

Microsoft Account was hacked: On January 1st my Microsoft account was hacked. The hacker changed my email, alias email, password and removed my security details.I have gone through support numerous times and have only managed to get the account suspended. I recently went on a live chat and explained my...