Windows 10: hacks, relays, and back doors

Discus and support hacks, relays, and back doors in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A week or so ago, I started having problems getting online. Everything bogged down after about an hour or less. No Roku, no access from either laptop.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rosawoodsii, Mar 11, 2017.

1. hacks, relays, and back doors

A week or so ago, I started having problems getting online. Everything bogged down after about an hour or less. No Roku, no access from either laptop. It finally got bad enough that I called my ISP and requested tech support. They sent out a tech after going through a few routines over the phone. Before the tech arrived, I got a CD jammed into the DVD player, so took my laptop apart and then left. When I got back, the tech had been here, and everything was working well. I put together my laptop, plugged it in, and within 45 minutes, all went south again. Back came the tech the next day, and showed us that data were streaming heavily through the modem, and he declared that there must be a program using up all the bandwidth. Closing all browsers didn't stop it. However, closing network access to that computer did. Stopped it cold.

I've surmised that somehow, someone managed to hack my computer and use it as a relay. At the moment, I'm waiting for my second computer (Windows 7), which I'd put off repairing, to be fixed and ready to use, and at the moment I'm using my son's laptop. Earlier today, my buggy Windows 10 computer was on but not connected to the internet, and we again had problems with network access until I shut it down. Once I have my second laptop back, I'll be able to transfer some files to it and then do a clean install on the first, but I want to make sure this doesn't happen again.

What programs resident in Windows 10 that I need to stop permanently? What back door ports do I need to close? And how could a computer that's not connected to the internet still manage to be a problem with streaming??

:)

rosawoodsii, Mar 11, 2017
  2. ADNV Win User

cannot unistall flash player windows 10

I agree, this is a not a solution how to un-intall flash out of windows 10. Leave flash in windows 10 will later might cause a hiding security issue. Hacker always use the back door to execute this kind thing. They never plan to hack a system from front
    door. It would be nice if MS provide a better step to remove it

3. rbthakuri Win User
    slidy back door on e51

I agree with sizzers. my e51 back cover fits like a glove and the "click" is a reassuring sound. Although i found that the back cover need to be slid in in a single smooth movement, otherwise its a decptive fit. If it clicks it fits.

rbthakuri, Mar 11, 2017
  4. torre Win User

hacks, relays, and back doors

torre, Mar 11, 2017
  5. rosawoodsii,

Not an expert in hacking issues, however, the following are some sources readily available for review if you are suspicious of hacking activity.

Inspect your PC by using Event Viewer logs. They may contain information of interest.

On Windows 10, search for: Event Viewer
    Expand Windows Logs > Security
    Look for anything suspicious.

To check whether anyone has been accessing your PC, again in Event Viewer:
    Right click on System, select: Filter Current Log
    In the the Event Sources drop-down arrow select: Power-Troubleshooter
    Click: OK

In the list of all the times the PC was powered up, check under the Date and Time column, and click on questionable incidents for further information.

If you use Windows Defender, check its logs:
    Click on History tab > View details

Also check the Windows Firewall > Advanced Security
    Click to expand the Monitoring > Firewall

cottonball, Mar 11, 2017
  6. Also,
    Make sure you scan your files with an AntiVirus like ESET Online Scanner!

Some online scanners detect existing AntiVirus software and refuse to run. You may need to disable your real-time protection of your existing AV, if you encounter a problem.

ESET Online Scanner FAQs #5
    Online scanner FAQ—ESET Knowledgebase

cottonball, Mar 11, 2017
  7. Thanks, I'll look at all of those things.

rosawoodsii, Mar 11, 2017
  8. Samuria Win User

Don't mess about do a clean install it may be sending all you bank and login details out it's not worth the risk

Samuria, Mar 11, 2017
  9. Just finished the clean install, but what a headache and what a bad joke. I could go on a rant but I'll save it for another day.

Something was very strange about the computer. Even when it was not connected to the internet, it was still interfering with the bandwidth. Can someone explain that to me? Could a port be open, the computer have a back door, the modem itself have a back door? Now that the installation is complete, all seems to be well, but I don't understand how it could interfere with bandwidth just by virtue of being powered on, no internet access.

rosawoodsii, Mar 20, 2017
  10. cottonball, Mar 20, 2017
  11. Thanks. I have changed the channel previously, but this article gives me more things to look at. I appreciate the reference.

rosawoodsii, Mar 20, 2017
  12. Sure hope you get the issue sorted out. Hard to figure out...*Confused

cottonball, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. hacks, relays, and back doors - Similar Threads - hacks relays doors

2. smtp relay is not sending emails internally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    smtp relay is not sending emails internally: Dear Team,Emails are triggered from our Application HP Process Automation 7.5. The SMTP server address configured in the application as localhost. We have SMTP Relay configured under Windows Server 2012 R2 under IIS. Mails triggered by the application is able to send mails to...
  3. IIS6 SMTP Relay and STARTTLS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IIS6 SMTP Relay and STARTTLS: Hi,We want to migrate our Outbound Mail provider from XXXXX to YYYYY. We use Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 with IIS6 SMTP Relay to relay internal mail to XXXXX. This has been working fine for YEARS. As part of testing connectivity to YYYYY, if i send a manual email by telnetting...
  4. IIS6 SMTP Relay and STARTTLS

IIS6 SMTP Relay and STARTTLS: Hi,We want to migrate our Outbound Mail provider from XXXXX to YYYYY. We use Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 with IIS6 SMTP Relay to relay internal mail to XXXXX. This has been working fine for YEARS. As part of testing connectivity to YYYYY, if i send a manual email by telnetting...
  5. Door-Tower

Door-Tower: My DVD door, on my tower, will not open, how to fix it, to open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/door-tower/a625c131-41ae-4a35-99a5-67fdb15584db
  6. Door-Tower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Door-Tower: My DVD door, on my tower, will not open, how to fix it, to open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/door-tower/a625c131-41ae-4a35-99a5-67fdb15584db
  7. cd door

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cd door: I have just purchesed this computer and cannot open the cd door it doesn't have a pin hole to press or a switch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cd-door/61ae06cf-701e-4882-8e53-416ad7692e6e
  8. Locked out of my computer and no back doors!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of my computer and no back doors!: I was working on my computer fine one minute, installed some legitimate software which required a reboot and suddenly was completely locked out of my computer. I was astounded to find that despite all the ideas for how to get back in given safe mode, etc, none of them work!...
  9. i was hacked awhile back...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i was hacked awhile back...: to whom it may concern, I was hacked they locked up my computer they did not get any money out of me since I have no credit cards, how do I keep from getting hacked again, I have anti virus software but they still got in, what do you recommend, i'm not very good with...
  10. Calorimetric doors

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Calorimetric doors: I suggest as a new product Microsoft: calorimetric doors to hospitals and for security services. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calorimetric-doors/60763f8e-cf02-44cc-a269-d0bfed7955e2"