Windows 10: Had 3 BSOD's today, can anyone help narrow down a fix by reading the dump logs

Discus and support Had 3 BSOD's today, can anyone help narrow down a fix by reading the dump logs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC (Intel i7-9700k, RTX 2070, 16gb 3200MHz DDR4) has been having a lot of issues today, starting whilst playing the new modern warfare which kept... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WlZLA, Oct 27, 2019.

1. WlZLA Win User

Had 3 BSOD's today, can anyone help narrow down a fix by reading the dump logs

My PC (Intel i7-9700k, RTX 2070, 16gb 3200MHz DDR4) has been having a lot of issues today, starting whilst playing the new modern warfare which kept crashing to desktop then a blue screen whilst playing. I decided to re-install the game as I read online that if you paused the download (as i did) it can not properly aquire the files and cause crashing. Whilst re-installing I had another Blue screen, then after a reboot another one whilst playing a different game.

I've updated the driver for my network adapter (Realtek Gaming GbE Family Controller) and installed the latest windows update. Also checked all the drivers were up to date in device manager. GPU drivers are also up to date.

I also entered 'netsh int ip reset' in command promt as one of the blue screens said something about tcpip.sys, this was the fix i found from googling this.

Is anyone able to possibly find a cause for these blue screen from these dump logs?

Thanks,

Sam

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArnlcMa-mBAns05hueK-yntfSp4p?e=ZBaYIS

:)

WlZLA, Oct 27, 2019

2. BSOD Help - dump files attached

Hi William,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this. The dumpfiles you have provided is not enough to find the root cause of the BSOD.
    Kindly provide full dump file for better assistance.

I appreciate if you answer few questions to narrow down the issue.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What error message are you getting with BSOD?
    • Are you able to boot the computer to the desktop?
    I suggest you to Update the Windows 10 Drivers and check if it help.

Please refer to the below article “How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10”by Mr. Andre Da Costa to update the drivers:

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Tomok Win User
    Random BSOD, need help reading DUMP file

Hi everyone,

I bought a new computer a few days ago. I put it together with my brother, this wasn't the first machine we assembled, so everything should be fine on that front.
    Then, i installed up-to-date drivers from the manufacturer's homepages for my Mainboard and Graphics Card and installed a few necessary programs and my games (Kaspersky Internet Security, Teamspeak, Discord, BDO, GW2, Thunderbird etc.).

At first, i got a few BSODs (first three dump files attached) with the error code "Memory_Management". They happened quite frequently and i believe these were due to an outdated BIOS. The latest BIOS update even listed in the change log, that compatibility with my M2-SSD was improved (see here). BIOS is also up-to-date now.

The System ran for 24 hours+ without crash on occasion. But after a day or so after waking up, i realized my computer crashed while running over night. And today it happened again while i was eating dinner, so i don't know what was listed as failure on the BSOD (i disabled automatic restart so i should be able to read it next time).

Stuff i tried so far:
    • I ran memtest86 over night through 5.5 passes without any errors.
    • While testing driver verifier, Windows didn't start because of kl1.sys until system repair (which disabled driver verifier)
    • I also tried using Windbg, but i didn't understand the Dump-File

Here is the Hardware in my System:

MB: MSI Gaming M5 Z270
    CPU: i5 7600K
    GPU: Asus GTX 1070 STRIX G8
    RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB (2x 8GB) DDR4-2400
    SSD: 250GB Samsung 960 Evo M.2
    HDD: 2000GB WD Blue WD20EZRZ (put in after the first random BSOD)
    Power Supply: 600W Corsair CX

The DM-Log Collector zip is attached.

This Software was definitely running during both random crashes:

Black Desert Online (and xingcode3 anti-cheat)
    Logitech Gaming Software
    Kaspersky Internet Security
    Killer Control Center
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology
    Realtek HD Audiomanager

I hope some of you guys can help me, thanks!

Tomok, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Had 3 BSOD's today, can anyone help narrow down a fix by reading the dump logs

Want to figure out BSOD, but there is no dump file or entry in system log file

I recently got a Blue Screen of Death on my Windows 10 laptop. I took a photo of the QR code, but it took me to a generic and useless Microsoft web page. My QR code app only keeps a history of the links, not the photos, so I do not remember what the stop code was.

I want to know why this BSOD occurred and if it might be a hardware or software problem. Here is how I have the crash handling configured:

Had 3 BSOD's today, can anyone help narrow down a fix by reading the dump logs N5kw2.png

As you can see, the "Write an event to the system log" box is checked, and a dump file named C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP should be created.

However, when I looked at the System log in Event Viewer, I didn't see anything that seemed related to the BSOD around the time of the crash. I read that there should be an entry from Source "BugCheck" for a BSOD, so I tried to filter the events with "Event sources"=BugCheck, but nothing was found.

There is also no file under C:\WINDOWS named MEMORY.DMP.

Why did Windows 10 not put an entry in the system log for the BSOD, and why didn't it create a dump file? How else might I be able to determine what the bugcheck code was, and what caused it?

EDIT: Additional information:

• There is over 300 GB of free disk space on the C drive, so a lack of space is not the reason why the dump file wasn't created.

pacoverflow, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Had 3 BSOD's today, can anyone help narrow down a fix by reading the dump logs

1. Had 3 BSOD's today, can anyone help narrow down a fix by reading the dump logs - Similar Threads - BSOD's today anyone

2. System heating up and shutting down itself. Can anyone help me with the below memory dump logs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System heating up and shutting down itself. Can anyone help me with the below memory dump logs?: BUGCHECK_CODE: 9cBUGCHECK_P1: 80000001BUGCHECK_P2: ffffa98033c7db10BUGCHECK_P3: 0BUGCHECK_P4: 0FILE_IN_CAB: MEMORY.DMPBLACKBOXBSD: 1 !blackboxbsdBLACKBOXNTFS: 1 !blackboxntfsBLACKBOXPNP: 1 !blackboxpnpBLACKBOXWINLOGON: 1PROCESS_NAME: SystemSTACK_TEXT: ffffa980`33c7dac8...
  3. Can anyone help me read the log of the bluescreen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone help me read the log of the bluescreen?: I just had a bluescreen on my laptop first time in forever, and im not sure what to do about it since i was only updating nvidia drivers via geforce experience and using netflix at the time.I dug out the messages from control panel and it says only this "Nastąpił ponowny...
  4. Can anyone help me read the log of the bluescreen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone help me read the log of the bluescreen?: I just had a bluescreen on my laptop first time in forever, and im not sure what to do about it since i was only updating nvidia drivers via geforce experience and using netflix at the time.I dug out the messages from control panel and it says only this "Nastąpił ponowny...
  5. Can anyone help decipher this memory dump?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone help decipher this memory dump?: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY be An attempt was made to write to readonly memory....
  6. Can anyone help decipher this memory dump?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone help decipher this memory dump?: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY be An attempt was made to write to readonly memory....
  7. Can anyone read this dump file for me ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anyone read this dump file for me ?: I just got a BSOD and I believe it was bc I had my HDMI unplugged and keyboard and mouse unplugged when i turned my power back on, even though the last time I had the power on all of my external devices were plugged in but I wanna double check it isnt something else ....
  8. Multiple BSOD, anyone able to help me read through dumps and attempt troubleshooting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple BSOD, anyone able to help me read through dumps and attempt troubleshooting?: Having troubles with laptop since purchasing, still within warranty, however I'm doing my best possible not to go through the warranty route. specs: Model: fa506iv-br7n12 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H GPU: Geforce RTX 2060 Windows version: 19042 RAM: 8GB Storage: 512GB ssd...
  9. Narrowing down cause of BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Narrowing down cause of BSODs: I’ve been getting blue screens when trying to run intensive games for the past few months. It started out with Garry’s Mod during loading a couple of times, then when I’ve tried to play CoD Warzone. These times it was PFN_LIST_CORRUPT. Now last night Windows was consistently...
  10. Semi-random BSOD need help narrowing down the cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Semi-random BSOD need help narrowing down the cause: I get a semi-random BSOD every now and again. Sometimes it happens once in a day, other times it goes several days without happening and i just want to narrow it down. 37727