Windows 10: Had a bit of fun today... Well, Not Really...

Discus and support Had a bit of fun today... Well, Not Really... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I picked up a Samsung 500 GB 860 EVO SSD to replace my old 250 GB SSD in my main system as a boot drive. The wife has a Dell Inspiron 17R N7110... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lance1, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Lance1 Win User

Had a bit of fun today... Well, Not Really...

I picked up a Samsung 500 GB 860 EVO SSD to replace my old 250 GB SSD in my main system as a boot drive. The wife has a Dell Inspiron 17R N7110 identical to my laptop. I told her I would pull the old spin drive and replace it with the SSD. I told her it would make things quicker on the old laptop, boot and access and all that. I cloned the old SSD to the new 500GB SSD on my main system and everything worked just tickety-boo. Pulled the old SSD and replaced it with the new SSD and everything worked just fine. I pulled the wife's laptop apart, "More in-depth than you would think" I have done this a lot so no big deal. Pulled the old spin drive and replaced it with the new, my old SSD. "So here comes my brain dead moment." So I boot the system and access my EaseUS ToDo and attempt the transfer the image I created from the spin drive that day. Error!!! Can not transfer a MBR to GPT!! I still have a bruise on my forehead from that. I was so frustrated! I pulled the l laptop apart, "Again!" Pulled the SSD and put it in my enclosure, blow it off and reformatted it with MBR. I put it all back together and ran the back again. It all works and the image is transferring. My brain dead moment #2 All I had to do was to convert the SSD from GPT to MBR when I had it out of my the system! Anther bruise on my forehead... So how was your day??

:)

Lance1, Nov 22, 2020
  2. John_32 Win User
    John_32, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Color bit depth is at 6-bit on Display properties of Windows 10 pro

Try the below suggested steps and check if the suggested options are available to change the Color bit Depth value

1. Right click on the desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
    2. Expand the Display, and then highlight the Change resolution.
    3. On the right side, check if there is 8 bpc listed under
      Output color depth.
    4. You may select 8 bpc and restart the device to witness the changes.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Had a bit of fun today... Well, Not Really...

E65 - bit of fun!

I used to have this game on my N70, it's good fun for about 10 mins.

psychomania---01, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Had a bit of fun today... Well, Not Really...

1. Had a bit of fun today... Well, Not Really... - Similar Threads - bit fun today

2. I have had it with Windows today

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have had it with Windows today: I cannot download photos from ANY website - I receive this message for example: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-had-it-with-windows-today/8b62c7bd-004c-4dea-9100-1c5c45d85789
  3. I have had it with Windows today

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have had it with Windows today: I cannot download photos from ANY website - I receive this message for example: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-had-it-with-windows-today/8b62c7bd-004c-4dea-9100-1c5c45d85789
  4. Disable spam/fun facts/today in search function Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable spam/fun facts/today in search function Windows 10: Hi everyone,Does anyone know to to remove the "today" section from the search function in Windows 10?When I search for something op my PC, I see some spam from Windows, this week about the Rietvlei Nature Reserve. Clicking it opens Bing in Microsoft Edge. I do not want to see...
  5. Disable spam/fun facts/today in search function Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable spam/fun facts/today in search function Windows 10: Hi everyone,Does anyone know to to remove the "today" section from the search function in Windows 10?When I search for something op my PC, I see some spam from Windows, this week about the Rietvlei Nature Reserve. Clicking it opens Bing in Microsoft Edge. I do not want to see...
  6. This is going to be fun

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This is going to be fun: Ok where to start.... Well it all started when I updated my graphics card driver. Upon rebooting I went through infamous flickering screen. No biggie, that's a fairly easy fix. After backed the PC up to a previous date, then ungodly annoying spinning dots of death. After...
  7. This is going to be fun

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This is going to be fun: Ok where to start.... Well it all started when I updated my graphics card driver. Upon rebooting I went through infamous flickering screen. No biggie, that's a fairly easy fix. After backed the PC up to a previous date, then ungodly annoying spinning dots of death. After...
  8. House of Fun

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    House of Fun: why does House of Fun keep spinning and I get charged and wont stop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/house-of-fun/bd2a659d-3b73-4fac-b3f8-9dd729e5a4b7
  9. Is 256-bit BitLocker encryption really 256-bit?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is 256-bit BitLocker encryption really 256-bit?: It might sound like a silly question, but clearly I'm not getting something. I've enabled 256-bit encryption in group policy settings and encrypted a drive.manage-bde -status says Encryption Method: XTS-AES 256. But the recovery key is still 48 digits long. Since every sixth...
  10. 64 bit only or 32 bit as well

in Windows 10 Support
    64 bit only or 32 bit as well: Hi there Anybody know if this (preview) version is 64 bit only or will a 32 bit version also be released. IMO I can't think of any machines made recently that are 32 bit so it would make sense for Ms to kill off the 32 bit version -- of course though keeping 32 bit apps...