Windows 10: Had a power cut now cannot get to some of my files

Discus and support Had a power cut now cannot get to some of my files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, We had a power cut this morning whilst using the PC. Running Windows 10 Home pro. Is there any way of doing an instal but keeping the files I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by warmbells, May 13, 2021.

1. warmbells Win User

Had a power cut now cannot get to some of my files

Hi, We had a power cut this morning whilst using the PC. Running Windows 10 Home pro. Is there any way of doing an instal but keeping the files I need on the drive. I do have a backup but cannot access it at this time. (I'm using the wifes PC at the moment to ask this question. Thanks, Gerald.

:)

warmbells, May 13, 2021
  2. Azhar K Win User

Battery Power Cuts off at Some Percentage - Asus X550

Thanks Phillip for Your Response, But the Problem Not Solved. I Tried Both SFC Scan and Power Trouble Shoot. SFC scan find and fixed some Issues. Troubleshoot find "Minimum Processor state is set too high" and It Fixes Automatically. But After restart, I Run
    Troubleshoot again and It Shows the same Fixing again, and it Still happens. But Still My Problem Remains ..(Battery Power Cuts off)

Azhar K, May 13, 2021
  3. Battery Power Cuts off at Some Percentage - Asus X550

Hi,

About your issue to your PC power. Most of the time the issue is incompatibility or maybe there are corrupted files. So for us to know more about the issue, we suggest you to perform a

System File Checker
    . This article contains troubleshooting steps for us to know if there are corrupted files.

We would also like you to run power troubleshooter.
    Just follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box on the taskbar and click on it in results.
    • Click "View all" and then click "Power".
    • Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, May 13, 2021
  4. Had a power cut now cannot get to some of my files

Stuck in Reboot loop after power cut

Hi,

We understand your concern and appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to state which troubleshooting steps have you performed bedsides the mentioned to fix the issue.

As per the description, I suspect that you might be stuck in a reboot loop. I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if it helps

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, May 13, 2021
Thema:

Had a power cut now cannot get to some of my files

1. Had a power cut now cannot get to some of my files - Similar Threads - power cut cannot

2. Accidentally deleted some files and now Onedrive Cannot sign in locally on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally deleted some files and now Onedrive Cannot sign in locally on my computer: I was trying to forcibly delete Microsoft Edge probably my first mistake by going to the file location and deleting any file that looked related to Edge and a few days later when I was trying to auto-save a document on Word, it had trouble connecting to my OneDrive school...
  3. Accidentally deleted some files and now Onedrive Cannot sign in locally on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally deleted some files and now Onedrive Cannot sign in locally on my computer: I was trying to forcibly delete Microsoft Edge probably my first mistake by going to the file location and deleting any file that looked related to Edge and a few days later when I was trying to auto-save a document on Word, it had trouble connecting to my OneDrive school...
  4. My Desktop Computer had a power cut i now have to log in using Pin Number and or Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Desktop Computer had a power cut i now have to log in using Pin Number and or Password: After i suffered a power cut on my desktop computer i was having to log in with my password or pin number.I had forgotten my password so changed it several times.This now works.However, every time i put my computer on i get a log in screen.My user name - Enter PinBelow it My...
  5. My Desktop Computer had a power cut i now have to log in using Pin Number and or Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Desktop Computer had a power cut i now have to log in using Pin Number and or Password: After i suffered a power cut on my desktop computer i was having to log in with my password or pin number.I had forgotten my password so changed it several times.This now works.However, every time i put my computer on i get a log in screen.My user name - Enter PinBelow it My...
  6. My Desktop Computer had a power cut i now have to log in using Pin Number and or Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. System Reset w/ Keep My Files had lost power during reset and now ALL my files are...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Reset w/ Keep My Files had lost power during reset and now ALL my files are...: Please Help Me It was a dark snowy/rainy night last night, and I was preforming a System Reset w/ Keep My Files on my Desktop and at about 76% the power went out throughout my entire house. Many, many boring hours later when the power finally came back on the PC booted up...
  8. Power cut completely from my PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power cut completely from my PC: Basically, at some point, my PC just turned off on its own. This is rare, but it has happened before. What's concerning about this time, however, is that it seems to have possibly ended my PC. It would not turn on whatsoever after this. To make things weirder, it seems like...
  9. Had Driver Power State Failure and now can't power on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Had Driver Power State Failure and now can't power on: I turned on my laptop and it was fine then it started to sound like a jet engine which never happens and froze. Then it gave me that error code (i think cause it happened so fast) and now when i hold the power button it won't turn on. (this is from another computer) Is there...
  10. Had a power outage and now I've lost my pictures and documents.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Had a power outage and now I've lost my pictures and documents.: After a power outage this AM I lost my bookmarks file, pictures and documents. Using Google search advice I managed to get my bookmarks file back but after reading numerous other similar posts here and on Google none of the suggestions has resulted in me being able to get my...