Windows 10: Had a power outage and now I've lost my pictures and documents.

Discus and support Had a power outage and now I've lost my pictures and documents. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a power outage this AM I lost my bookmarks file, pictures and documents. Using Google search advice I managed to get my bookmarks file back but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BradMerritt, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Had a power outage and now I've lost my pictures and documents.

After a power outage this AM I lost my bookmarks file, pictures and documents. Using Google search advice I managed to get my bookmarks file back but after reading numerous other similar posts here and on Google none of the suggestions has resulted in me being able to get my pictures and documents back. BTW I have W10 operating system. You used to be able to go into Settings, Recovery and set a Recovery date and reset your computer to a previous date and time, usually withing 24 hours, and that would re set your computer to that date and time and correct any issues such as this. However, I'm not seeing that option currently available in Settings??? Did Windows do away with it or am I just not finding it? FYI, I did go into File Explorer but did not find a "user" icon or option. I also went into "View" and did not see an "old file" option. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also signed into Windows as the current user/Administrator.

Thanks

Brad

:)

BradMerritt, Aug 5, 2019

2. Power outage caused programs to disappear and/or become disfunctional

Hello,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are encountering. Power outages can result in data loss, corruption of folders/files, and programs not functioning.

To assist you further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to check the passwords and favorites section? Provide the list of browsers where you encountered the concern.
    • Have you tried using another account to verify if the programs are still missing on your program list?

There is a possibility that the drive index has been corrupted. We highly suggest that you check your hard drive and scan for errors by following these steps:

• Open This PC on File Explorer and locate your hard drive.
    • Right-click and choose Properties.
    • Under Tools tab, click on Check Now button.

After scanning the hard drive, hidden files and folders, as well as lost data can be restored.

Additionally, we advise running the System File Checker as another way for us to check or scan for data corruptions in Windows system files that can be affected by the power outage. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Using System File Checker in Windows 10.

Let us know of any details pertaining to your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Power Outage / lost all files

I'm running Windows 10 on an hp ENVY 23 desktop and there was a power outage that lasted for all of 10 seconds. The pc was on at the time and when the outage shut it off I powered it back on to find all of my files I had on the desktop are now gone. Is
    this a normal function for a pc that goes through a power outage? Also I tried to do a recovery and restore but I get the message that no changes could be made.

DarrekBattle, Aug 5, 2019
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Had a power outage and now I've lost my pictures and documents.

Power Outage / lost all files

The behavior you experienced is very possible. A PC is no more capable of withstanding a power outage than any other electrical appliance.

You should get an uninterruptible power supply - UPS. A UPS for a home PC is inexpensive, and it provides battery backup power for power outages like the one you experienced. A UPS also includes a surge protector, so it's like getting both for the price
    of one.

BulldogXX, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

Had a power outage and now I've lost my pictures and documents.

1. Had a power outage and now I've lost my pictures and documents. - Similar Threads - power outage I've

2. Had about a twosecond power outage.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had about a twosecond power outage.: Turned the HP laptop on, it started and went to an update. had about a two second power fluctuation, outage, brownout enough to turnoff the clock on the kitchen microwave. Update continued with the wheel turning no percentages showing, Said it was at 100 % the wheel has...
  3. Had about a twosecond power outage.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Had about a twosecond power outage.: Turned the HP laptop on, it started and went to an update. had about a two second power fluctuation, outage, brownout enough to turnoff the clock on the kitchen microwave. Update continued with the wheel turning no percentages showing, Said it was at 100 % the wheel has...
  4. Pc lost power while runningwhole house had a power outage for like 2,3 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc lost power while runningwhole house had a power outage for like 2,3 seconds: Hello so i have a quick question about this.So today i had a power outage that lasted like 2 seconds and that happened while the pc was on,i was watching a youtube video when that happened,nothing was dowloading nor writting to any disk, altho 2 apps were open steam,battle...
  5. Pc lost power while runningwhole house had a power outage for like 2,3 seconds

Pc lost power while runningwhole house had a power outage for like 2,3 seconds: Hello so i have a quick question about this.So today i had a power outage that lasted like 2 seconds and that happened while the pc was on,i was watching a youtube video when that happened,nothing was dowloading nor writting to any disk, altho 2 apps were open steam,battle...
  6. Pc lost power while runningwhole house had a power outage for like 2,3 seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  7. Lost Word 2007 Document after power outage.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Word 2007 Document after power outage.: I'm using an old copy of Office 2007 in my Windows 10 OS. I spent all afternoon working on a document and as luck would have it a nearby storm temporarily knocked my power out.I'd had this happen to me once before a couple of years ago and was able to recover the .asd file...
  8. I had a power outage this evening.

I had a power outage this evening.: Hi, Folks! Hope everyone is good, safe, and staying healthy. Listen, I was working on some poetry and I usually do this is Sticky Notes. It just makes things easier as to how I work when writing. We had a power outage and the poem itself was written I was just putting the...
  9. Pictures and documents lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pictures and documents lost: hello, on 23rd of June when I switched on my computer windows had updated and there was a screen which was not my desktop so I restarted and it was my desktop but had no documents or pictures. I went to users and found one Anise Fatima Nasser and it had all my documents and...
  10. Power Outage, Now Blue Screens!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Power Outage, Now Blue Screens!: I had a power outage a few days ago, and now my Windows 10 Pro has random Blue Screen problems. My system was running fine before, did the Windows 10 Upgrade from Windows 8.1 Pro no problem. I'm pretty sure the outage stopped my machine and potentially corrupted files....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why did my documents dissapear after a power outage in W10?