Windows 10: Had a recent update from windows my desktop will not boot up any longer

Discus and support Had a recent update from windows my desktop will not boot up any longer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This actually happened on both my older desktops, but the oldest managed to back out as it was Windows 8. My windows 10 desktop runs into trouble on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ANTONI GHIGLIOTTI, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Had a recent update from windows my desktop will not boot up any longer

This actually happened on both my older desktops, but the oldest managed to back out as it was Windows 8. My windows 10 desktop runs into trouble on bootup and goes into self repair them stops at keyboard selection. When I try to pick any keyboard my keyboard doesn't work and cannot proceed further, I did manage to get into a safe mode nothing was selectable but the keyboard worked, any ideas?

:)

ANTONI GHIGLIOTTI, Mar 2, 2021

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Recently used items does not show after a recent Windows update

I received an automatic update to Windows 10 on 4/3/2016. Now, Windows 10 will not display recently used items no matter what I do.

I took the following steps to correct the problem:

1. Right click on desktop.

2. Select Personalization.

3. Select Start.

4. Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar is already turned on, but items do not appear on Start or the taskbar.

What is happening?

Also, Start no longer displays anything. There is no listing of applications.

Original title: Windows 10 update has set recently used items so they do not display

TimothyGranger, Mar 2, 2021
  4. erocker Win User

Had a recent update from windows my desktop will not boot up any longer

Windows 98 and ME no longer updatable...

Quite right, XP is still listed in technet. Win 98 unfortunately isn't. Windows 3.1 and 3.2 are listed though.

erocker, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

Had a recent update from windows my desktop will not boot up any longer

1. Had a recent update from windows my desktop will not boot up any longer - Similar Threads - recent update desktop

2. Windows 10 no longer booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 no longer booting up: My PC is not longer booting up. I either get the endless circle of dots or Starting Automatic Repair and then black screen. I have tried many possible solutions but I have not yet made bootable media. Any help would be appreciated thank you....
  3. Windows 10 no longer booting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 no longer booting up: My PC is not longer booting up. I either get the endless circle of dots or Starting Automatic Repair and then black screen. I have tried many possible solutions but I have not yet made bootable media. Any help would be appreciated thank you....
  4. Windows 10 no longer booting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. SSD no longer boots up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD no longer boots up: I had something weird happen. I was running a Windows 10 laptop with a one-month-old SSD. It was running excellently. I later booted from a portable Windows 11 OS on a flash drive. The Windows 11 OS displayed that there was a disk error on my SSD and automatically went to fix...
  6. SSD no longer boots up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD no longer boots up: I had something weird happen. I was running a Windows 10 laptop with a one-month-old SSD. It was running excellently. I later booted from a portable Windows 11 OS on a flash drive. The Windows 11 OS displayed that there was a disk error on my SSD and automatically went to fix...
  7. SSD no longer boots up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My Window Permissions are messed up after recent updates, and i had to reset my system to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Window Permissions are messed up after recent updates, and i had to reset my system to...: I am using window 10 i have changed access permissions i am getting this issue [ATTACH] I am always getting this error no matter what i try : and if i try to delete folder it says you need permission from this users [ATTACH] In fact i am login with the same user which...
  9. After a recent Windows update my printer was no longer available.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After a recent Windows update my printer was no longer available.: I tried to reinstall the printer (HP) but it will not complete the install. I reset my computer (Win 10) to no avail, the issue is still with me. I checked device manager and the printer does not show up. I understand it is an update problem and I am now at Windows Home,...
  10. Windows 10 boots, but desktop no longer comes up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 boots, but desktop no longer comes up: my laptop has a MS package update last night & when i tried to log in , the desktop would not load, i have tried restore point, which does the restore, but then i get the message that "c:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\desktop is unavailable" I get an empty desktop,...