Windows 10: Had a Win 10 Home pre-installed, updated to Pro using my MS account. Time migrate to new...

Discus and support Had a Win 10 Home pre-installed, updated to Pro using my MS account. Time migrate to new... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all,Having a case that no Google can help me with.I've bought a laptop with pre-installed Win10 Home on it. I've needed Pro features, so I've paid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by anhag, Jun 22, 2021.

1. anhag Win User

Had a Win 10 Home pre-installed, updated to Pro using my MS account. Time migrate to new...

Hi all,Having a case that no Google can help me with.I've bought a laptop with pre-installed Win10 Home on it. I've needed Pro features, so I've paid what I had to pay and upgraded to Win 10 Pro.Now I've bought myself new laptop - with no OS pre-installed, counting on the fact that I've purchased Windows already.However it seems that one cannot move the pre-installed Windows to the new computer.The question is - does it mean that I've spend money to update to Pro just to give it away to the guy I will sell computer to? Should I buy myself a Pro license once again, or is there another way? Than

:)

anhag, Jun 22, 2021

2. Win 10 Pro account management

hi, all --

I just bought my wife a new Dell laptop with Win 10 Pro installed. She has signed in as herself, with her email address. This first account has admin privileges. How do I create a second USER account for her? Win 10 does not permit the same email address
    on two accounts.

(Previously, we would have an admin account solely for installs / uninstalls, etc., and other strictly user accounts for normal, day-to-day working. Is there a new model here?)

And the next step will be copying/migrating her user profile from the older Win 7 Pro laptop to the new. Is there anything about user accounts that would matter for this?

Thanks in advance,

John Kwasnik

John-Kwasnik, Jun 22, 2021
  3. oemSoft Win User
    Why do create a new account require email for Win 10?

Win10 is pre-installed for my new notebook, for the first time to create user, Win 10 does not require any email, but after I reset factory setting and install Win 10, it requires email for new account. I would like to know on how to create user without
    requiring email for Win 10.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

oemSoft, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Jetster Win User

Had a Win 10 Home pre-installed, updated to Pro using my MS account. Time migrate to new...

Windows 10 install "S" WTF

Maybe its the free updates to 10 that they borked the clean install? When he logged into his MS account it changed to Pro but till nothing would install

Jetster, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Had a Win 10 Home pre-installed, updated to Pro using my MS account. Time migrate to new... - Similar Threads - Home pre installed

2. How to Permanently Replace WIN 10 Home that pre-installed in my laptop with WIN 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Permanently Replace WIN 10 Home that pre-installed in my laptop with WIN 10 Pro: Can I permanently replace the WIN 10 Home Single Language OEM version that pre-installed in my laptop with WIN 10 Pro? So that, when I am resetting my laptop, it will stay forever at WIN 10 Pro, not WIN 10 Home...
  3. How to Permanently Replace WIN 10 Home that pre-installed in my laptop with WIN 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Permanently Replace WIN 10 Home that pre-installed in my laptop with WIN 10 Pro: Can I permanently replace the WIN 10 Home Single Language OEM version that pre-installed in my laptop with WIN 10 Pro? So that, when I am resetting my laptop, it will stay forever at WIN 10 Pro, not WIN 10 Home...
  4. How to Permanently Replace WIN 10 Home that pre-installed in my laptop with WIN 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 pro activation failed during migrating from pre-installed windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 pro activation failed during migrating from pre-installed windows 10 home: Hi,I was using pre-installed Windows 10 Home but I want to use Windows 10 pro. I have tried several methods as per below,1. Got back from windows 11 home to 10 home and inserted product key that didn't work. Followed the solution where I had to put a general product key to...
  6. Windows 10 pro activation failed during migrating from pre-installed windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 pro activation failed during migrating from pre-installed windows 10 home: Hi,I was using pre-installed Windows 10 Home but I want to use Windows 10 pro. I have tried several methods as per below,1. Got back from windows 11 home to 10 home and inserted product key that didn't work. Followed the solution where I had to put a general product key to...
  7. Windows 10 pro activation failed during migrating from pre-installed windows 10 home

8. Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro: I have just bought laptop MSI WS66 11UKT which came with pre installed Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Ver.2009.I want to upgrade the OS to Windows 10 Pro. But before that I want to make a clean install for it. I have Windows 10 Pro with DVD inside the...
  9. Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro: I have just bought laptop MSI WS66 11UKT which came with pre installed Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit Ver.2009.I want to upgrade the OS to Windows 10 Pro. But before that I want to make a clean install for it. I have Windows 10 Pro with DVD inside the...
  10. Upgrade Win 10 Home pre Installed to Win 10 Pro