Windows 10: Had an Account Years Ago - OK to use this site now?

Discus and support Had an Account Years Ago - OK to use this site now? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello moderators, I used to have an account in the past, about 3-4 years ago, but I only had 1 or 2 posts and no warnings. I stopped using it when my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by erwynne, May 10, 2020.

1. erwynne Win User

Had an Account Years Ago - OK to use this site now?

Hello moderators,

I used to have an account in the past, about 3-4 years ago, but I only had 1 or 2 posts and no warnings. I stopped using it when my issue with my PC was solved by a member on this site. This site has really helped me a lot with my PC.

I no longer have access to the old email and don't know what username I used anymore so I can't login the old account. Since it's been 3-4 years, is it any issue to make a completely new account on this website? I just wanted to make sure. Thank you and have a great day & stay safe.

PS it said "If you you are not sure where to post your topic then just post it in General Support" so I hope this is OK to post here. If not, my apologies.

:)

erwynne, May 10, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 10, 2020
  3. Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, May 10, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

Windows store hides preview images for age reasons even though my account's birth year is over 30 years old.

Hello Jiggs,

For us to further assess on this issue, kindly provide answers to questions listed below:

• Is you account associated to any Family Feature that might be restricting your Browsing options
      on Windows Store?
    • When did this issue start to occur?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    In the mean time, we suggest that you restart Windows Store, to ensure that your current age settings is applied. Here are the steps:

• Press Win+R keys to open the Run dialog.
    • Type WSReset.exe and click OK.
    The WSReset tool will reset the Windows Store without deleting installed apps.

Let us know the outcome, or if you need further assistance.

Mark Isi, May 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Had an Account Years Ago - OK to use this site now? - Similar Threads - Account Years Ago

2. Is my account ok now. You're not going to block my site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my account ok now. You're not going to block my site: Received several emails that you are going to block my phone. Is this true? I just now changed my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-account-ok-now-youre-not-going-to-block-my/2e2cca86-88a1-453c-999f-a88a22250ab5
  3. Is my account ok now. You're not going to block my site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my account ok now. You're not going to block my site: Received several emails that you are going to block my phone. Is this true? I just now changed my password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-account-ok-now-youre-not-going-to-block-my/2e2cca86-88a1-453c-999f-a88a22250ab5
  4. An old account that was deleted years ago keeps asking to be signed in

in Windows 10 Customization
    An old account that was deleted years ago keeps asking to be signed in: An old account that was deleted years ago keeps asking to be signed in. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-old-account-that-was-deleted-years-ago-keeps/535c078b-39d0-493b-85c2-cb66bf522620
  5. An old account that was deleted years ago keeps asking to be signed in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An old account that was deleted years ago keeps asking to be signed in: An old account that was deleted years ago keeps asking to be signed in. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-old-account-that-was-deleted-years-ago-keeps/535c078b-39d0-493b-85c2-cb66bf522620
  6. An old account that was deleted years ago keeps asking to be signed in

7. I’m unable to access an account I made years ago and stopped using.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m unable to access an account I made years ago and stopped using.: So years ago I made an Microsoft account and it was directly tied with my computer. I stopped using the computer and account altogether years ago, I’m talking 6-7 years ago But recently I’ve rebooted the computer but I’m unable to sign in because I can’t remember the password...
  8. I’m unable to access an account I made years ago and stopped using.

I’m unable to access an account I made years ago and stopped using.: So years ago I made an Microsoft account and it was directly tied with my computer. I stopped using the computer and account altogether years ago, I’m talking 6-7 years ago But recently I’ve rebooted the computer but I’m unable to sign in because I can’t remember the password...
  9. I want to use desktop dancer from years ago

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to use desktop dancer from years ago: Years ago i had a scooby doo dancer in a old version of windows. I cant find a way to install it for windows 10. Any idea? Thanks. I will not rest until scooby doo is on my desktop submitted by /u/sukmiPP [link] [comments]...
  10. no battery detected, i have had the laptop a year now

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no battery detected, i have had the laptop a year now: I turn the computer on and it shutdown within 2 hrs. So I decided to plug it up. I turn it back on. It said no battery detected... This the first time this happen... Can anyone help please thank you!...