Windows 10: Had authenticator ask to approve sign in request not from me which I denied and wondering...

Discus and support Had authenticator ask to approve sign in request not from me which I denied and wondering... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi MicrosoftJust had something odd happen recently where my Microsoft Authenticator app asked me to approve a sign in request which wasn't me which I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Josh_PF, Jun 10, 2023.

1. Josh_PF Win User

Had authenticator ask to approve sign in request not from me which I denied and wondering...

Hi MicrosoftJust had something odd happen recently where my Microsoft Authenticator app asked me to approve a sign in request which wasn't me which I immediately denied.When checking the sign-in activity I saw the attempt was from Vietnam and interestingly the IP was from a VPN provider LogicWeb Inc. The IP is 149.18.84.63 and what is odd six days prior there was a failed sign in attempt from Vietnam due to incorrect password from the IP 27.70.129.200 which is static.What I'm wondering is the attempted sign in from the Vietnam VPN somehow got my password as usually the sign-in report is incorr

:)

Josh_PF, Jun 10, 2023

2. What is this "GVGMK" that wants me to approve its sign-in request?

I recently activated Microsoft Authenticator. Now, I always get the prompt in my phone to "Approve sign-in request GVGMK". Is this a legit Windows app or service?

ChristianCheng1, Jun 10, 2023
  3. Time Lady Win User
    microsoft authenticator unknown sign in requests

Hello, I’m Virginia, I have 20 years of expertise in fixing my own & friends’ PC problems.

Sorry to hear you’re experiencing problems.

It appears someone has your log in details & is trying to access your account, fortunately you have 2 factor authentication active so you’re receiving a notification asking you to approve or deny the request.

If you log on to your Microsoft account & open the security tab it may show the IP address & location of the unsuccessful log in.

Time Lady, Jun 10, 2023
  4. Uday G Win User

Had authenticator ask to approve sign in request not from me which I denied and wondering...

Press Approve to Microsoft Authenticator requests via Phone Link

Hi,

My client system needs me to authenticate myself my pressing on Approve/Deny via a Microsoft Authenticator app notification when I log in to the system. It gets a bit annoying that each time I have to open a client URL or login to the system I need to access my phone to press approve. Was hoping that I would be able to perform this "Approve" action via Phone Link on my Windows laptop instead of having to reach out to my mobile phone every time. The Phone Link is showing me the Microsoft Authenticator notifications but clicking on the "Approve" button within Phone Link is not triggering the action on my phones Microsoft Authenticator app. Anyone observed or got around this issue?

Uday G, Jun 10, 2023
Thema:

1. Had authenticator ask to approve sign in request not from me which I denied and wondering... - Similar Threads - authenticator ask approve

2. How do i get rid of this absolutely **** account??? I approve a request and then asks me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get rid of this absolutely **** account??? I approve a request and then asks me...: This is the most awful website ever. How do indelete my entire account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this-absolutely-account-i/5056cb8f-5c60-4dba-b003-2831f012861b
  3. How do i get rid of this absolutely **** account??? I approve a request and then asks me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get rid of this absolutely **** account??? I approve a request and then asks me...: This is the most awful website ever. How do indelete my entire account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this-absolutely-account-i/5056cb8f-5c60-4dba-b003-2831f012861b
  4. Sign in request in authenticator app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in request in authenticator app: Since yesterday there were 2 sign in requests in my Microsoft authenticator app. I have had my Microsoft account for over 10 years and never had this happen before.My password is safe and there is no way anyone knows it.How do they get the sign in request to the authenticator...
  5. Sign in request in authenticator app

Sign in request in authenticator app: Since yesterday there were 2 sign in requests in my Microsoft authenticator app. I have had my Microsoft account for over 10 years and never had this happen before.My password is safe and there is no way anyone knows it.How do they get the sign in request to the authenticator...
  6. Had authenticator ask to approve sign in request not from me which I denied and wondering...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had authenticator ask to approve sign in request not from me which I denied and wondering...: Hi MicrosoftJust had something odd happen recently where my Microsoft Authenticator app asked me to approve a sign in request which wasn't me which I immediately denied.When checking the sign-in activity I saw the attempt was from Vietnam and interestingly the IP was from a...
  7. authenticator is asking me to authenticate using authenticator to use authenticator

authenticator is asking me to authenticate using authenticator to use authenticator: So first of all... Why is "microsoft Authenticator" not an option in the "Products" dropdown when choosing where this post should go? I'm just going to choose "Windows"... Sorry not sorry.Also, I can't take a screenshot on the microsoft Authenticator app without it capturing...
  8. authenticator is asking me to authenticate using authenticator to use authenticator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    authenticator is asking me to authenticate using authenticator to use authenticator: So first of all... Why is "Microsoft Authenticator" not an option in the "Products" dropdown when choosing where this post should go? I'm just going to choose "Windows"... Sorry not sorry.Also, I can't take a screenshot on the Microsoft Authenticator app without it capturing...
  9. Press Approve to Microsoft Authenticator requests via Phone Link

Press Approve to Microsoft Authenticator requests via Phone Link: Hi,My client system needs me to authenticate myself my pressing on Approve/Deny via a Microsoft Authenticator app notification when I log in to the system. It gets a bit annoying that each time I have to open a client URL or login to the system I need to access my phone to...
  10. What is this "GVGMK" that wants me to approve its sign-in request?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is this "GVGMK" that wants me to approve its sign-in request?: I recently activated Microsoft Authenticator. Now, I always get the prompt in my phone to "Approve sign-in request GVGMK". Is this a legit Windows app or service?...