Windows 10: Had BSODS for months most caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support Had BSODS for months most caused by ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, i have had Blue screens for ages now, in blue screen view it says most of the blue screens are caused by ntoskrnl.exe heres the info Attachment... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nadekoyoshi, May 15, 2017.

1. Had BSODS for months most caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Hey, i have had Blue screens for ages now, in blue screen view it says most of the blue screens are caused by ntoskrnl.exe heres the info Attachment 135281. Thanks

:)

nadekoyoshi, May 15, 2017
  2. JBJblaze Win User

Frequently receiving BAD_POOL_HEADER BSODs on Windows 10

Greetings, fellow Windows folks!

For months now, I've been receiving many BSODs on my laptop. All of them, however, BAD_POOL_HEADER
    BSODs occur the most frequently, and more specifically so caused by ntoskrnl.exe.

Here is a link to a screenshot of the latest BSOD entry: http://puu.sh/wrRqR.png

................................ and another to my latest 5 entries caused by ntoskrnl.exe: BSOD Dumpies.zip

Thanks for further help and info!

~

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JBJblaze, May 15, 2017
  3. BSOD APC_INDEX_MISMATCH ntoskrnl.exe+142940

I had a BSOD. Bug Check String APC_INDEX_MISMATCH , cause by driver ntoskrnl.exe caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+142940. Adive on the fix for this. XPS 15 9950 RUNNING Windows 10 Pro.

SanilPrakashan, May 15, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Had BSODS for months most caused by ntoskrnl.exe

ntoskrnl is not the problem - it is usually another driver but bluescreen view just reports what it sees.

I've had a look through the driver modules loaded and the only older ones I can see are:

LGSHidFilt.Sys Thu May 30 16:16:33 2013 (51A76D51) - a Logitech gaming driver
    Hamdrv.sys Mon Mar 30 14:28:42 2015 (55194F8A) - a LogMeIn Hamachi driver

If you can find newer drivers it would be worth updating them

philc43, May 16, 2017
  5. Hey, thanks for helping i have uninstalled hamachi because i don't use it anymore so if it was the problem its gone now and the logitech driver has no updates. I'll let you know if my computer blue screens again.

nadekoyoshi, May 17, 2017
  6. Just crashed again here's the information that i got from the collector thing : Attachment 136029

nadekoyoshi, May 20, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    One of your recent crashes suggested the graphics driver might be a cause:

Code: BugCheck 50, {ffffffff8d486824, 2, fffff80659f8e481, 2} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys Could not read faulting driver name Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+7e481 )[/quote] Your current driver is dated Thu Feb 23 07:38:50 2017. There will be more recent ones you can install:

Please update the NVidia driver. The best way to do this is to uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from the NVidia website. When you do this be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

philc43, May 21, 2017
  8. Had BSODS for months most caused by ntoskrnl.exe

I updated the driver but i'm still getting blue screens i'm starting to think its not a software problem and its a hardware one *Sad any way here's the log collector information : Attachment 136804

nadekoyoshi, May 25, 2017
  9. philc43 Win User
    Had BSODS for months  most caused by ntoskrnl.exe [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Had BSODS for months most caused by ntoskrnl.exe

1. Had BSODS for months most caused by ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - BSODS months caused

2. ntoskrnl bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl bsod: My pc has been bsod-ing for 2-3 years now and i recently decided to try and fix it. I use bluescreen view and always see that the bsods are always caused by ntoskrnl.exe. heres all of the stuff ive to try and fix it.Used 1 8gb ram stick at a timeused different ram slotsused...
  3. ntoskrnl BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl BSOD: Hello, I have quite a persistent problem here.I often get BSOD or straight out system restarts the latter don't have any trace in minidump. In the past few days, they were too recurrent and got to a point where I had to reinstall Windows because my laptop actually got slowed...
  4. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: KUKutter_UKFirstly, I would like to say that I am posting this again because after having an instant reply from an 'Andrew', and posting my dmp files as requested on July 24th I haven't heard anything back since! I have responded a couple of times but nothing is happening to...
  5. BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD Minidump shows page_faul ntoskrnl..exe: Hi there, My new machine around 8 months old now runs perfectly most of the time. Uptime 3 - 6 weeks at a time. NO issues at all - I am a heavy PC user: Gaming, Audio Work and some 3D modelling, so my machine goes through its paces.Every now and then on boot, I get the error...
  6. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  7. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  8. BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions

BSOD caused by ntoskrnl exceptions: Hello to anyone that is willing to help my name is Glenn, My pc was assembled by professionals but it got really hot so a month ago I took my cpu cooler off and noticed that they left the plastic on the cpu cooling block, So I fixed that issue after emailing the people...
  9. Bsod ntoskrnl

Bsod ntoskrnl: Hi guys, Any help would be massively appreciated. My computer is BSOD at least two times a day. As far as I can tell, all drivers are up to date including Nvidia. Could somebody take a look at the attached and let me know if you find anything? I've ran a system check...
  10. BSOD - Bad Pool Header caused by NTOSKRNL

BSOD - Bad Pool Header caused by NTOSKRNL: Hello, I've been having an issue this past week whenever my computer restarts (seems to be from Windows Updates) I come back to a Bad Pool Header BSOD. I was able to get it stopped by uninstalling Avast and doing a Clean Boot. After about 2 hours of restarting and just adding...
Tags: