Windows 10: Had issues with recent update what can be done?

Discus and support Had issues with recent update what can be done? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; To whom it may concern: I recently had an update occur on my Windows 10 machine, NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.2802 that is causing numerous subsequent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Karl Edward Riley, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Had issues with recent update what can be done?

To whom it may concern: I recently had an update occur on my Windows 10 machine, NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.2802 that is causing numerous subsequent issues. One shows that the control panel for NVIDIA cannot be found. However, more importantly, all of my apps, shortcuts, files, and other customizations for my system have disappeared. It is as if the update caused the system to reset. itself to factory default settings like I might do on my cell phone. I have noticed many settings as well on my browsers are not working either...for instance I use a password keeper, Roboform, and each ti

:)

Karl Edward Riley, Mar 29, 2023
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 29, 2023
  3. Recently used items does not show after a recent Windows update

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

1) Did you make any recent changes to the computer?

2) Did you check if similar issues occur when logged in to the computer using a different user account?

3) Do you have any system restore point set prior to the issue?

To check if there is any Restore Point already created, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select System.

• In the left pane, click on System Protection.

• Select the option to system restore > next. It will show all restore points already created.

4) What is the particular Windows update you are referring to?

To do so, you need to check the settings through Windows update. Follow the below steps.
    • Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut Windows Key
      Had issues with recent update what can be done? Windows_Key.png
      +
      I.
    • Click/tap Change PC settings.
    • Click on the Update and recovery and click on the View your update history.
    • You will now see a list of your installed Windows Updates. If you click on any one of the
      "Successfully installed on (date)" links

As an initial step towards troubleshooting, I suggest you to check if the 'recently used item' feature is hidden. If yes, uncheck the options. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on Taskbar and choose Properties.
    • Select the tab Start Menu.
    • Uncheck both the options for:

1) Store and display recently opened programs in the Start Menu

2) Store and display recently opened items in the Start Menu and the Task Bar
    • Also select a higher number recent items to display in Jump List

If the above does not apply, please follow the below suggested methods and check in case if it is a functionality issue in Windows.

Method 1

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Method 2

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 29, 2023
  4. deving Win User

Had issues with recent update what can be done?

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

Had issues with recent update what can be done?

1. Had issues with recent update what can be done? - Similar Threads - issues recent update

2. What can be done to resolve Memory Integrity issues, if no info is given in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can be done to resolve Memory Integrity issues, if no info is given in the...: I have a windows 11 pro dell inspiron laptop.Before the new update 22h2, and before May 18, 2023 updates. Everything was working great, until I installed microsofts update of the malicious software removal. The very same week I noticed upon using the microsofts update. The...
  3. after a recent update, everything on my computer is now blurry. What can be done?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after a recent update, everything on my computer is now blurry. What can be done?: I got into to work this morning and everything is blurry. I have tried to toggle the scaling on/off button. I am not sure what happened and how to fix it....
  4. after a recent update, everything on my computer is now blurry. What can be done?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after a recent update, everything on my computer is now blurry. What can be done?: I got into to work this morning and everything is blurry. I have tried to toggle the scaling on/off button. I am not sure what happened and how to fix it....
  5. after a recent update, everything on my computer is now blurry. What can be done?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Had issues with recent update what can be done?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had issues with recent update what can be done?: To whom it may concern: I recently had an update occur on my Windows 10 machine, NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.2802 that is causing numerous subsequent issues. One shows that the control panel for NVIDIA cannot be found. However, more importantly, all of my apps, shortcuts,...
  7. Had issues with recent update what can be done?

Had issues with recent update what can be done?: To whom it may concern: I recently had an update occur on my Windows 10 machine, NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.2802 that is causing numerous subsequent issues. One shows that the control panel for NVIDIA cannot be found. However, more importantly, all of my apps, shortcuts,...
  8. What can be done about the audio application issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can be done about the audio application issue?: Hello,My audio has been having some problems lately. Despite the fact that my chosen audio output RealtekR Audio works fine alone e.g. it makes a noise whenever I adjust the slider, it does not work with any application, whether it be Chrome, games, or music. In spite of...
  9. What can be done about the audio application issue?

What can be done about the audio application issue?: Hello,My audio has been having some problems lately. Despite the fact that my chosen audio output RealtekR Audio works fine alone e.g. it makes a noise whenever I adjust the slider, it does not work with any application, whether it be Chrome, games, or music. In spite of...
  10. Windows 1903 update had done it again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 1903 update had done it again: My computer will not reinstall google chrome, which the 1903 update maliciously removed, because the system administrator has set a group policy preventing it. Well I AM the system administrator, or at least I sure as hell better be, of my little three computer home...