Windows 10: Had Microsoft Store problems - did "Reset My PC" deleting all files, Immediately after...

Discus and support Had Microsoft Store problems - did "Reset My PC" deleting all files, Immediately after... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says...I'm perplexed - I didn't even want to resetthe system, and I'm at a loss as to what the hell is going on at this point, I'm not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AirRevenant, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Had Microsoft Store problems - did "Reset My PC" deleting all files, Immediately after...

As the title says...I'm perplexed - I didn't even want to resetthe system, and I'm at a loss as to what the hell is going on at this point, I'm not even a long-term win10 user just a couple weeks in, so the fact that this happened so fast in the first place blows my mind.

All started with having unresolvable issues with an app that was installed, but could not be uninstalled or launched. One day it demanded an update, but wouldn't update - then disappeared (as far as the store said, but the files existed)

All I could tell the store to do was install it, which it would pretend to do in 2 seconds - then it wouldn't show under installed apps, and back in the store it would offer an install option again. Endless loop with no way out of it through powershell, citing appmanifests weren't in the root directory.

Please help a stumped guy out here.

submitted by /u/AirRevenant
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AirRevenant, Nov 9, 2019

2. Microsoft Jigsaw Save File problem!

Hi WalGlynn,

Having a server interruption while playing is one of the possible reasons why your Microsoft Jigsaw save file has become corrupted. To help you resolve this concern, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

If the issue persists, I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the game. You may click the link below for the steps:

How to uninstall and reinstall a game on Windows 10

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 9, 2019
  3. microsoft store problem

Hi,

A corrupted app file is one of the common reasons why you are unable to download games from Microsoft Store. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the solution below:

Solution 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Solution 2: Clear and reset Store cache in Windows 10. This can help resolve issues with Store like unable to download apps and games. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Close Windows Store app, if it’s running.
    • In the Start menu search box, type WSReset (Windows Store Reset) to see Wsreset in the search results.
    • Right-click on WSReset and then click Run as administrator option. Click
      Yes button when you see the User Account Confirmation box.
    • The Store app should now automatically launch along with the Command Prompt. The Command Prompt window will automatically disappear after a couple of seconds.

Solution 3: Delete Temporary file on your device.

• Open Settings app by clicking its icon in the left-pane of the Start menu.
    • At the home page of Settings app, click on System icon.
    • Click on Storage.
    • Select This PC.
    • Under This PC scroll down and select Temporary files.
    • Under Temporary files check the boxes and click Remove files.

After performing all the solutions above, kindly restart your computer and try to download games from Microsoft Store.

Kindly notify us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 9, 2019
  4. lx07 Win User

Had Microsoft Store problems - did "Reset My PC" deleting all files, Immediately after...

Windows Store Reset

Why did you delete them?

It wasn't working for me, set up as live tile but not updating the picture. I then went to featured app in the store as you suggested, then ran wsreset and it started working.

Was that your steps? I did read them but I forgot what they are now and I seem to have only done 2 steps.

lx07, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Had Microsoft Store problems - did "Reset My PC" deleting all files, Immediately after...

1. Had Microsoft Store problems - did "Reset My PC" deleting all files, Immediately after... - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store problems

2. Reset pc deleting all files and connection issur

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset pc deleting all files and connection issur: when I reset my pc completely reset delete files and everything it tells me I need to update and connect to the WiFi and if I press skip this step it restarts my pc but does absolutely nothing and sends me back to the screen and when I try to connect to my network it says we...
  3. Reset pc deleting all files and connection issur

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset pc deleting all files and connection issur: when I reset my pc completely reset delete files and everything it tells me I need to update and connect to the WiFi and if I press skip this step it restarts my pc but does absolutely nothing and sends me back to the screen and when I try to connect to my network it says we...
  4. Reset pc deleting all files and connection issur

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My Microsoft Store Was Facing Some Problems So I Did A Reset But After I Did It,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft Store Was Facing Some Problems So I Did A Reset But After I Did It,: My Microsoft Store Was Facing Some Problems So I Did A Reset But After I Did It, It Disappered From The "Apps And Features" And When I Tried To Open It From Start It Didn't Open. Yes Troubleshooting isn't working....
  6. My Microsoft Store Was Facing Some Problems So I Did A Reset But After I Did It,

My Microsoft Store Was Facing Some Problems So I Did A Reset But After I Did It,: My Microsoft Store Was Facing Some Problems So I Did A Reset But After I Did It, It Disappered From The "Apps And Features" And When I Tried To Open It From Start It Didn't Open. Yes Troubleshooting isn't working....
  7. My microsoft store had a strange problem...

My microsoft store had a strange problem...: So, a few days ago, I reset my Ms store to fix the acquiring license. but it didn't fix it at all. my MS store icon still appearing, but I can't open it, also my ms store disappear from task manager and app & features setting. I try the powershell admin trick, but it still...
  8. So I reset my PC without deleting the files and after I did it the files that I had are...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I reset my PC without deleting the files and after I did it the files that I had are...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gamesdrop [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ge14zu/so_i_reset_my_pc_without_deleting_the_files_and/
  9. Windows 10 Reset PC Delete all files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Reset PC Delete all files: Hello I just wanted to know if its normal for a pc to take over 12 hours to reset. I chose the option to delete all files but not the option to make sure that everything is completely wiped for security reasons. Started it at noon and now its 12 am. I have 3 TB of storage but...
  10. I deleted my files when I did the PC reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I deleted my files when I did the PC reset: Can I recover my files after permanently deleting my files (pictures, downloads, documents, etc. ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-deleted-my-files-when-i-did-the-pc-reset/0ad65e47-0f9f-4a05-94ca-5fd4abae66ee