Windows 10: Had pop up that locked computer...could not unlock screen...

Discus and support Had pop up that locked computer...could not unlock screen... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since that occurred..11/13/2019...I was unable to close any open programs and restarting the computer had no effect on the locked screen...Here is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FrankBornhoffer, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Had pop up that locked computer...could not unlock screen...

Since that occurred..11/13/2019...I was unable to close any open programs and restarting the computer had no effect on the locked screen...Here is where I think matters went wrong.. I called the number in the pop up and the agent identified as a MS tech and in order to clear(unlock)the screen/computer they would have to run some sort of cleaning scan and install a program on the computer.. This was done after a fee$$$$ was

reluctantly paid... My cr.card was charged not by MS but my a co. named pcsafepro..

After some research I feel I was duped....

Any thoughts/advice on the matter would be appreciated by this octogenarian..

:)

FrankBornhoffer, Nov 15, 2019

2. Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 15, 2019
  3. goosmurf Win User
    Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

The first suggestion is not helpful since the problem is that we have many open programs stuck behind the lock screen.

I have run into this problem and tried the On-screen keyboard but it does not help.

An additional data point is that it does not matter what password is entered.

Enter correct password -> spinner shows up, after about 30 seconds the spinner goes away and the screen remains locked.

Enter blank password (simply hit Enter) -> same behaviour as above.

The behaviour is the same whether using physical or On-screen keyboards.

goosmurf, Nov 15, 2019
  4. yolan7 Win User

Had pop up that locked computer...could not unlock screen...

Nokia 928 lock/unlock feature

Hi,

I have a Nokia 928. I have a lock screen activated. When I hit the side button to unlock my phone, there is no response. If I hold the volume down button long enough to prompt to turn off, then I am able to swipe up and unlock my phone using my code.
    At this point, the following occurred:

• if I hit the lock button my phone will not respond.
    • If i hit the volume up while the phone is unlocked. It states that "Something has changed...hold the volume up button and the lock button to take a screen shot."
    • If I touch the volume down button, the screen will prompt "shut down" by swiping down.

The battery is fully charged. Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

yolan7, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Had pop up that locked computer...could not unlock screen...

1. Had pop up that locked computer...could not unlock screen... - Similar Threads - pop locked computer

2. How do I unlock my computer locked due to a security pop up message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlock my computer locked due to a security pop up message: How to unlock my computer that had a security popup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-my-computer-locked-due-to-a/499f58f5-ccf9-48d7-834e-5b4915754dfb
  3. How do I unlock my computer locked due to a security pop up message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I unlock my computer locked due to a security pop up message: How to unlock my computer that had a security popup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-unlock-my-computer-locked-due-to-a/499f58f5-ccf9-48d7-834e-5b4915754dfb
  4. screen lock unlocking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    screen lock unlocking: hi there i was wondering if anyone could help me unlock a oppo a73 screen lock please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-lock-unlocking/cebbeb6c-5f9b-41f6-b426-22b8cc497235
  5. Lock screen keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen keeps popping up: I have tried many things to try to stop the lock screen from popping up constantly and have failed, I think it stated after the last windows 10 update. Please help....
  6. Stop Microsoft Store from popping up after unlocking the computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Microsoft Store from popping up after unlocking the computer: I just got a Windows computer. Every time I unlock it, the Microsoft Store starts and pops up in front of everything. It need to stop like now. Anyone know where the setting is to stop that? I've already tried all of the solutions here:...
  7. Microsoft edge pop up warning to call microsoft " computer had been locked up"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft edge pop up warning to call microsoft " computer had been locked up": Microsoft edge pop up warning saying calling a number. NOT SURE WHAT TO DO. PLEASE CALL TO DISCUSS. John https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-edge-pop-up-warning-to-call-microsoft/4d6cc267-0ad7-47df-810a-11db4dea44ff
  8. Lock and unlock screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Lock and unlock screen: What is the real purpose of locking and unlocking the screen different also metro more difficult to get around? Awesome the person before me wanted to know back grammar correction spelling tell him to go to Grammarly: Free Writing Assistant https://www.grammarly.com...
  9. Windows 10 lock screen keeps on popping up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 lock screen keeps on popping up: So I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I can't log in now. The lock screen appears, I swipe up, then enter my password. It says "Welcome" but after the screen fades to black the lock screen comes back. Tried rebooting, but it's no use....
  10. Cortana from lock screen stays on screen after computer is unlocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana from lock screen stays on screen after computer is unlocked: Whenever my laptop wakes up from sleep and shows the lock screen, I click and type in my PIN as normal. But on the lock screen at the top right, there's a Cortana box usually giving an example of what I can do, like 'tap and say remind me to water the plants when I get home'....