Windows 10: had problem reporting bug in PS to MS, can someone assist please.

Discus and support had problem reporting bug in PS to MS, can someone assist please. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Infinite looping behavior for a very simple screw up. File saved with one cmdlet as a .PS file. Then used file man in Win 10 to establish association... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by clifhigh, Sep 3, 2019.

1. clifhigh Win User

had problem reporting bug in PS to MS, can someone assist please.

Infinite looping behavior for a very simple screw up.

File saved with one cmdlet as a .PS file. Then used file man in Win 10 to establish association for file type PS with powershell.

Thereafter when file opens, infinite loop begins.

File had following contents:

set-location

That is it. It was a fat fingered screwup that created file to begin when i accidentally deleted the file path before saving, thus ending up with file with only 'set-location' in it.

Still did not expect that. Expected it to fail, not loop forever.

:)

clifhigh, Sep 3, 2019

2. Windows 7 BETA Problem/Bug Report

now how do i report a bug to MS?

Live OR Die, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 7 BETA Problem/Bug Report

I bet if you look real hard, you'll notice about 7 million clickies you can use to report to MS. hell, i bet theres even one in the top right corner of the web browser you're using here in TPU...

Mussels, Sep 3, 2019
  4. had problem reporting bug in PS to MS, can someone assist please.

Bug Report: 5800 Contacts Ringtone bug

Hello,

I own a 5800 ExpressMusic and today I've upgraded my firmware version to latest. The problem I will explain still is not resolved.

The problem is re-producable and is very annoying. Follow these steps:

1- Change the ringing tone to some mp3

2- Edit a contact to have a name like ; )

3- Let that contact call you

The phone rings with the default tone (not the mp3 it was set to). The only way I found to correct it is to revert to more humanly names in contact list. This will be more annoying for people who save their friends with IM nicknames that contain lots of
    special characters.

PS: Is there any way I can bug report this to technical team right away?

Message Edited by on 14-Jan-2010 12:18 AM
    Message Edited by on 14-Jan-2010 12:19 AM

bahadirozkurt, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

had problem reporting bug in PS to MS, can someone assist please.

1. had problem reporting bug in PS to MS, can someone assist please. - Similar Threads - problem reporting bug

2. Bug Report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug Report: Hello i would like to report a bug with windows 11 where there are blank gaps where shopping and games should be in the widgets panels. Another bug ive been encountering is where the widgets sometimes dont update automatically and i have to manually refresh to actually see...
  3. Bug Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug Report: Hello i would like to report a bug with windows 11 where there are blank gaps where shopping and games should be in the widgets panels. Another bug ive been encountering is where the widgets sometimes dont update automatically and i have to manually refresh to actually see...
  4. report a bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    report a bug: bug ? .. regarding windows 10 file explorer. sorry for the grammar .. I am 80 and i have arthritis in my hands so i try to minimize typing. when a new version of my vb.net desktop application is run for the first time it does the following. 1 .. the program deletes any old...
  5. Bug Report

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bug Report: Hello My Self Neeraj From India Here Is A Big Bug On Your Windows 10 Oprating System win10 is not working perfactly in acer aspire E5-573Gin this laptop touchpad not working in windows 10 but its work perfactly in windows 7 here is no any driver issue i was try many of ways...
  6. MS Quick Assist bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Quick Assist bug: Hi, I discovered a bug on my laptop and my colleagues laptops during usage of the MS Quick Assist tool. We have 3 languages installed for keyboard typing on our laptops English, Russian and Ukrainian. But, after finishing of the connection of MS Quick Assist, for some...
  7. Reporting bugs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reporting bugs: I am currently running Windows 10 verison 20H2 and I am unable to connect to my mobile hotspot sometimes, it says "Unable to connect to this network, also Settings app freezes when we click on System....
  8. Report a bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Report a bug: Hi all, I already posted before regarding frequent BSOD and unexpected crashing where we found out that the main cause was the RAM. We already replaced the RAM and when I turned on the PC, prior to logging in another BSOD event happened. It was pointing to the following...
  9. can someone explain this please

in Windows 10 Customization
    can someone explain this please: I set my folder views to a certain view: details, group by type and sort by date modified. Why is it I can hit the apply to all folders button this view, all my folders look the same, I can literally open and close the folder and it has the same view, I can do this everyday...
  10. Where can bugs in builds be reported?

in Windows 10 Support
    Where can bugs in builds be reported?: Other than the built in feedback app - because it has a bug for me on build 10166 and is just a blue windows with a logo that doesn't provide any means to do anything with it. On build 10166, I'm finding there to be many bugs. Some of them are: - When my PC goes into...