Windows 10: Had that big update recently and now Windows Explorer routinely freezes, making nothing...

Discus and support Had that big update recently and now Windows Explorer routinely freezes, making nothing... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For some dumb reason hitting CTRL ALT DEL wakes windows explorer back up. Otherwise nothing is clickable. This happens at least once an hour. Is this a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ilikelegoandcrackers, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Had that big update recently and now Windows Explorer routinely freezes, making nothing...

For some dumb reason hitting CTRL ALT DEL wakes windows explorer back up. Otherwise nothing is clickable. This happens at least once an hour. Is this a known issue, and is there a patch for it? Thank you for your time.

submitted by /u/ilikelegoandcrackers
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ilikelegoandcrackers, Mar 5, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Mary Sau Win User
    Windows 10 internet Explorer Crashes / Freezes after most recent update

Hi,

To assist you, kindly provide us additional information.

• What update did you install?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We suggest you to disable Internet Explorer from optional features and enable it again. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R on your keyboard, type optionalfeatures
      and hit OK.
    • Uncheck the checkbox with Internet Explorer 11 written against the box and restart your computer.
    • After restart, check the box in optionalfeatures and restart again. Then, launch IE.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Mary Sau, Mar 5, 2020
  4. Had that big update recently and now Windows Explorer routinely freezes, making nothing...

Pinned & Recent Folder Missing From Explorer in Start

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that the quick access and recently oped files option are missing. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open File explorer.
    • Click on View and then Options.
    • Choose Folder and search options.
    • Under General Tab and under Privacy, make sure to place a check mark on Show recently used files and recently used folder in Quick access.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Had that big update recently and now Windows Explorer routinely freezes, making nothing...

1. Had that big update recently and now Windows Explorer routinely freezes, making nothing... - Similar Threads - big update recently

2. I recently updated to Windows 11 but now the taskbar is blank and nothing works properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently updated to Windows 11 but now the taskbar is blank and nothing works properly: I recently installed windows 11 and it was working fine and I had no issues but as of this morning when I switched on my laptop, my lockscreen packground was different from normal and when I entered my pin and was waiting for it to open it said 'Preparing Windows' and took...
  3. I recently updated to Windows 11 but now the taskbar is blank and nothing works properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently updated to Windows 11 but now the taskbar is blank and nothing works properly: I recently installed windows 11 and it was working fine and I had no issues but as of this morning when I switched on my laptop, my lockscreen packground was different from normal and when I entered my pin and was waiting for it to open it said 'Preparing Windows' and took...
  4. after a recent update a serious big happened

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    after a recent update a serious big happened: After a Windows update on both of my computers at random I will only be able to interact with one tab so I can't interact with the tool bar any other tab and such and if you close that tab then you can't interact with anything and this is happening with both computers...
  5. Windows keep freezing on certain routine events

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keep freezing on certain routine events: About three times a day my video and audio just freeze for about a second, being really slow and cutting the audio. When I open the event logs, I see the following event codes at the same time of the freezing: 16394, 1003 and 16384. I tried to run the svcRestartTask...
  6. File explorer freezes after recent update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer freezes after recent update: File Explorer in Windows 10 is opening so slowly that it could be called a freeze. The folder opens fairly normally the first time, but when I try to open a subfolder it hangs. The progress bar at the top of the page may eventually reach the end and still not show the folder...
  7. Windows update was too big, had to use sd card .now have error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update was too big, had to use sd card .now have error: I tried updating windows 10 and it was too big so I had to use an external micro sd card. Error updating so it wants to rollback a window pops up everytime and just loops asks for bootlocker code I forgot my password for Microsoft so it took 30 days and this morning I got the...
  8. Windows Explorer, recently updated, now hogging CPU and slowing system

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer, recently updated, now hogging CPU and slowing system: Summary: system bogs down when any windows are opened using Windows Explorer (recently automatically updated, 8/28/2019 version 10.0.18362.267). Details follow. The icons in my taskbars recently started flashing intermittently and it seemed that my system was slowing down. I...
  9. Windows Explorer, recently updated, now hogging CPU and slowing system

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer, recently updated, now hogging CPU and slowing system: Summary: system bogs down when any windows are opened using Windows Explorer (recently automatically updated, 8/28/2019 version 10.0.18362.267). Details follow. The icons in my taskbars recently started flashing intermittently and it seemed that my system was slowing down. I...
  10. Had to Backout Big Win 10 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Had to Backout Big Win 10 Update: Whatever update happened yesterday gave me bad effects. The update was lengthy and added a slew of stuff - Cortana, Shopping, Weather - that I got rid of long ago. I've never had problems with updates before this. It was almost impossible to type, and some directories were...