Windows 10: Had to Backout Big Win 10 Update

Discus and support Had to Backout Big Win 10 Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whatever update happened yesterday gave me bad effects. The update was lengthy and added a slew of stuff - Cortana, Shopping, Weather - that I got rid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Clive K, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Clive K Win User

Had to Backout Big Win 10 Update

Whatever update happened yesterday gave me bad effects. The update was lengthy and added a slew of stuff - Cortana, Shopping, Weather - that I got rid of long ago. I've never had problems with updates before this.
    It was almost impossible to type, and some directories were inaccessible using File Explorer and Total Commander.
    Oddly enough, I could sometimes access them. Seemed to a problem with the disk driver.
    Anyway, I restored an image and everything is normal again.
    I disabled the Windows Update service. Until I get some answers I'll leave it that way.

:)

Clive K, Jan 21, 2017
  2. AvagoMate Win User

Windows 10 update made my Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro is very slow.

I had the same problem. I had to restore to windows 8.1 and backout the upgrade It looks like it is better to wait until Microsoft sort it out

AvagoMate, Jan 21, 2017
  3. I also have had this auto startup since the big win 10 update. They changed something. Bug probably.

I also have had this auto startup since the big win 10 update. They changed something. Bug probably.

merlevanosdol, Jan 21, 2017
  4. Had to Backout Big Win 10 Update

Clive K,

Please go to Start > Settings > Updates and Security
    Select: Windows Update > Update History
    (You may have to re-enable WU)

You will see Updates and their status, like Failed.

cottonball, Jan 21, 2017
  5. Clive K Win User
    Thanks for that info. Since I restored an image, I can't do it until I apply the update again. That might be a while.

Clive K, Jan 21, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    What version build number do you have for Windows 10?

bro67, Jan 21, 2017
  7. Clive K Win User
    I've got ver 1511. My latest image was 11-10-16.

Clive K, Jan 22, 2017
  8. FerchogtX Win User

Stay with 1511... this last updates are just crampled with lots of useless stuffs...
    That exactly happened to me days ago, I had to restore the OS back with the bootable USB drive...

FerchogtX, Jan 22, 2017
  9. Right, like important security patches, etc.

You have some underlying system issue that's preventing this update from going on properly. If it comes down to it, you could just do a clean install using the latest version.

DeaconFrost, Jan 22, 2017
  10. Clive K Win User
    I'll get it updated soon, and use Cottonball's instructions for checking for failed updates.

Clive K, Jan 25, 2017
  11. FerchogtX Win User
    I just hope security patches are available as separate downloads in windows catalog, that would be easier, than to deal disabling Cortana (I don't really use her) and battling with Defender and the new "features" they added to keep it running even if you have an AV, that just conflicts with your AV solution...

I used to do that with Windows 7 and zero problems... let's hope I can do the same here... *Wink

Do you know by any chance if security patches only are available as separate downloads?

FerchogtX, Jan 25, 2017
  12. Clive K Win User
    Thanks for reminding me of the hassle I'm in for, deleting or disabling all that unwanted stuff MS pushes out.
    Maybe I'll wait a while longer, so I'm braced for that.

Clive K, Jan 25, 2017
  13. Had to Backout Big Win 10 Update

download Download | BleachBit

select all options except """""FREE DISK SPACE"""""

it will delete all non-installed updates and downloaded--corrupt-downloaded updated and shadow copy of installed updates

this will be helpful in most of the cases

PratikUnleashed, Jan 25, 2017
  14. EdTittel Win User
    PratikUnleashed: Nice tip, interesting tool. Thanks!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 25, 2017
  15. Clive K Win User
    My windows update history reads:
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 1607
    Successfully installed on 02/10/2017

I have the same problems. Delayed recognition of key strokes (10 seconds!) on many apps, including notepad.
    Anybody got an idea what's going on or what step to take next?

Clive K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Had to Backout Big Win 10 Update - Similar Threads - Backout Big Update

2. Windows 11 updates Install, Fail, restart, backout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates Install, Fail, restart, backout: I have tried recommended corrective actions; update gets to 93%, then repeats the behavior. Is it better for me to perform a reset or upload the latest win 11 version? This is a time killer and need to get it resolved.Thanks in Advance - Chris+++Edition Windows 11 Pro Version...
  3. I had a big problem in my windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had a big problem in my windows 10: my windows 10 has class not registered error after updating it out and explorer not working along with all microsoft apps and settings also here is my report i had taken out from control panel..please helpp me sirr here is also that error i copied -SourceWindows...
  4. I had a big problem in my windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a big problem in my windows 10: my windows 10 has class not registered error after updating it out and explorer not working along with all microsoft apps and settings also here is my report i had taken out from control panel..please helpp me sirr here is also that error i copied -SourceWindows...
  5. I had a big problem in my windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Just had a big download in the background

in Windows 10 Support
    Just had a big download in the background: Network Service: Delivery Optimisation has just downloaded a huge file. Anyway to tell what was downloaded as I noticed it in task manager but where to look? As far as I know I am up to date with 19043.1023. But this large download is a surprise. 180431
  7. Laptop Freezes after big win 10 update launch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Freezes after big win 10 update launch: I have a lenovo Laptop T470s which comes with installed win 10 pro i am facing the problem from last 4 months whenever there is a big update launch laptop download the updates and try to install and freez on installing process (16 % ), and then i am unable to do any thing...
  8. The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The BIG win 10 update today is total disaster: I upgraded to win10 couple of months ago. I managed to solve several problems with DVD drives, printers, Office 2007 hangs etc etc and it worked quite good afterwards. With today's update lot of problems reappeared and I have to undergo all those tuning again. WHY? Edit: the...
  9. Problem after big Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem after big Win 10 update: After the BIG 3-4GB update some days ago my printer driver was gone. I reinstalled it and thought all was good ... but after booting up next day my network (ethernet cable) wasn´t working! I ran the diagnose test and got follwing message "Windows couldn't automatically...
  10. Backout work marvelously.

in Windows 10 Support
    Backout work marvelously.: I used the recovery link to backout my Windows 8 and it brought back the part that I needed and rest looks stable. Clarify - I used the bootable USB to do an inplace upgrade from Windows 7 SP1 to Windows 10 because the Windows Update process just was not happening for me....