Windows 10: Had to do a restore to a previous date; snip & sketch gone, computer only sees one wifi,...

Discus and support Had to do a restore to a previous date; snip & sketch gone, computer only sees one wifi,... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; 1 Cannot seem to DL Snip & Sketch from anywhere. In running the Installer abt 703k - only get "retrieving data" message. Never changes; no install. Was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mike B in Greeneville, Apr 22, 2024.

1. Had to do a restore to a previous date; snip & sketch gone, computer only sees one wifi,...

1 Cannot seem to DL Snip & Sketch from anywhere. In running the Installer abt 703k - only get "retrieving data" message. Never changes; no install. Was hoping to re-install; cannot find anything on the computer showing snip program. Considered trying to reset keyboard - no Keyboard reset shown under Ease of Access: Keyboard. Ran SCANNOW in Administration mode - no change.2 Though there are two Wifi channels available - computer only sees one. Used to could see two wifi channels.3 Used to be able to right-click on Chrome Icon and system would open a new Chrome wi

:)

Mike B in Greeneville, Apr 22, 2024

2. Screen flickering while using Snip and Sketch

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are having a flickering screen while using Snip and sketch on your PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Do you see this behavior in any other application?

Meanwhile, let us try few steps.

Step 1: Reset Snip & Sketch app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Snip & Sketch
      app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2: Update display driver.

We would suggest you to update the display driver from Device Manager. Please refer this article to update the driver:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 22, 2024
  3. Yaseeen Win User
    Sketch and Snip

As we are working as a IT support for the secure project, we need to disable the sketch and snip in windows 10 20h2 as well as in 21h2.

We have tried to add the registry keys for DisabledHotKeys as well as NoWinKeys, and we have turned off the hotkeys from the gpedit.msc.

But it is helping to disable the hotkeys only but not the sketch and snip. There are different ways to open the sketch and snip.

1) If we disabled the hotkeys, we are able to open the sketch and snip from start.

2) We are able to open the sketch and snip from the quick actions which is inside the notification bar.

3) We are able to open the sketch and snip by using the command explorer ms-screenclip:

Please suggest here to disable or remove the sketch and snip completely from the Windows 10.

Yaseeen, Apr 22, 2024
  4. lacrumb Win User

Had to do a restore to a previous date; snip & sketch gone, computer only sees one wifi,...

Snip & sketch

Go to the Store, click on the 3 dots near your picture, My Library, Scroll down and see if Snip & Sketch is on the list. If it is at the right is it Install or Launch.

lacrumb, Apr 22, 2024
Thema:

Had to do a restore to a previous date; snip & sketch gone, computer only sees one wifi,...

1. Had to do a restore to a previous date; snip & sketch gone, computer only sees one wifi,... - Similar Threads - restore previous date

2. Had to do a restore to a previous date; snip & sketch gone, computer only sees one wifi,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Had to do a restore to a previous date; snip & sketch gone, computer only sees one wifi,...: 1 Cannot seem to DL Snip & Sketch from anywhere. In running the Installer abt 703k - only get "retrieving data" message. Never changes; no install. Was hoping to re-install; cannot find anything on the computer showing snip program. Considered trying to reset keyboard - no...
  3. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  5. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Snip & Sketch - Crashes on Launch. Only one user, not the other

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip & Sketch - Crashes on Launch. Only one user, not the other: I've search and I see threads on this issue but no real answer. Snip & Sketch crashes on launch. It only happens on one user profile. If I log out and in under another profile same computer Snip and Sketch works. I've deleted the offending profile and recreated it...
  7. restoring computer to previous date

restoring computer to previous date: I would like to restore my computer to a previous date. The options has dropped off the menu or I can't find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-computer-to-previous-date/87062424-3f87-4117-8d9e-43ee20652860
  8. restore computer to previous date

restore computer to previous date: After syncing cell phone to computer, Total screen change. I want to restore computer to previous date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-computer-to-previous-date/ee18203f-84ef-44b0-8029-90f6d1dfcb27
  9. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...
  10. Restore computer to previous date

Restore computer to previous date: I want to restore my computer to previous date, but there is no restore point at that date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/restore-computer-to-previous-date/9d63db28-b68d-4896-b20c-f1c2ddc4f447