Windows 10: Had to dowload original dell Operating System - Now have dual windows Boot selection when i...

Discus and support Had to dowload original dell Operating System - Now have dual windows Boot selection when i... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have had a system crash during a Thunder Storm and had to reload my Original Dell Operating System via there site to reload the system. Its for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BHF1, May 19, 2019.

1. BHF1 Win User

Had to dowload original dell Operating System - Now have dual windows Boot selection when i...

I have had a system crash during a Thunder Storm and had to reload my Original Dell Operating System via there site to reload the system. Its for a Dell Inspiron 5555. System Installation was successful. Only one weird problem.

Now when I start up the system it brings up a blue screen with two Windows 10 boot selections listed as volume 3. You can set a time limit on the amount of time to boot from 5 sec to 5min. This is a real pain in the neck even though I have gotten it to 5 sec the screen still pops up every time I log on or restart. The system does run fine but this is annoying that I have to go through this everytime.

I have search on net for eliminating dual boot but nothing seems to work. Seems like some additional steps are required not listed in video.

Can someone please give me some assistance with this. I am sure it has to do with the fact that it was a Dell download that also included the most current version of Windows 10.. Thanks for your assistance= BHF1

:)

2. Dual boot not allowing to select Operating system.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

Suggest you to try the below mentioned steps and check if they helps you.

* Press Windows logo key + R to open run command

* Type Systempropertiesprotection into it and hit
    Enter key.

* Go to Advanced tab, then click Settings
    under Startup and Recovery

* Select the check box against theTime to display list of operating system
    under System startup.

* Set the time in seconds if required, then click OK and
    OK.

Now restart your PC and see if it give option to choose operating system on
    System startup.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 19, 2019
  3. Dual boot not allowing to select Operating system.

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us with an update.

Tell me one thing, how much time did you set?

Try changing the Default OS in System Configuration and see if it makes any difference.

* Press Start,

* Type msconfig and select System Configuration
    from the list.

* Go to Boot tab, there select the Operating System you want make it default and click
    Set as default.

* Click Apply/OK

Now reboot your PC and see if everything works fine.

Keep us posted the outcome.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 19, 2019
  4. loopyteno Win User

Had to dowload original dell Operating System - Now have dual windows Boot selection when i...

Dual boot not allowing to select Operating system.

Old title: Dual booting

I have windows 10 on my first hard drive and windows 7 on another hard drive on the same computer. When I start the computer it goes to windows 10 and never gives me a choice of which operating system I want to start. How do I correct this problem? I hope
    I pick the right area to post this.

loopyteno, May 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Had to dowload original dell Operating System - Now have dual windows Boot selection when i... - Similar Threads - dowload original dell

2. Can't select operating system in operating system selection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't select operating system in operating system selection: I tried to download Windows 10 on my laptopI had Windows 7 as a second operating system. After 1st reboot the operating system selection screen appears with no operating system to select. I also can't use the recovery environment. How to fix it without usb drive?...
  3. Can't select operating system in operating system selection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't select operating system in operating system selection: I tried to download Windows 10 on my laptopI had Windows 7 as a second operating system. After 1st reboot the operating system selection screen appears with no operating system to select. I also can't use the recovery environment. How to fix it without usb drive?...
  4. Can't select operating system in operating system selection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Creating dual boot of two Windows operating systems.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Creating dual boot of two Windows operating systems.: Hey, I am using Windows 10 home single language 64 bit which is activated by an OEM key. I am planning to create a dual boot of Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. I have the license key for Windows 8.1. My question is that Will it affect my activation? In future if I uninstall...
  6. Unable to select: - "Use original boot configuration" in System Configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to select: - "Use original boot configuration" in System Configuration: After installing Windows 10 Version 2004 Build 19041.450 on my HP 15-ba079sa Notebook, whenever I access the System Configuration Manager, I see that only the Selective startup option is available with no tick in "Use original boot configuration" Box. But, when I select the...
  7. Dual operating systems.

Dual operating systems.: Hi there, is it possible to have two windows 10 operating systems installed on the same drive that operate independently from each other? The aim here is to be able to do a pc reset on one operating system whilst leaving the other untouched. This has got nothing to do with...
  8. adding Windows 10 as dual boot operating system

adding Windows 10 as dual boot operating system: I'd like to add Windows 10 (USB home version) as dual boot operating system. Simple reason is because I'm using software (Vista sp2) that doesn't offer driver support for M-audio devices (Firewire 1814) in conjunction with ProTools for Win 10; and still need to use it....
  9. Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System

Switch Operating Systems In Dual-Boot System: Dual-boot system Partition C:\ = Windows 10 Pro Partition E:\ = Windows 7 Pro Would it be possible to switch the OSs? I have applications to clone one partition to another but my concern are the already installed apps being functional. Did a Google search and all I found...
  10. Option to dual boot when a 2nd operating system is not present

in Windows 10 Support
    Option to dual boot when a 2nd operating system is not present: Hey guys, first time here. I recently upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10. I have had everything activate properly. I then decided to do a fresh install of windows 10. I loaded boot media on my pc and everything went fine. Now with the fresh install of windows 10, at boot up,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. download dell original operating system