Windows 10: Had to make CHROME my Default Browser in Windows 10

Discus and support Had to make CHROME my Default Browser in Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I used the free Windows 10 upload from Microsoft to update my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Windows 10 was working great, then all of a sudden... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by horizonjeana, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Had to make CHROME my Default Browser in Windows 10

I used the free Windows 10 upload from Microsoft to update my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Windows 10 was working great, then all of a sudden a couple of days ago, I kept getting fatal error messages, my computer was connected to the Internet but programs kept telling me I wasn't. I could not print, could not open my email in Yahoo. I would open Internet Explorer and the page would be completely blank but yet I was connected to the internet.
    My computer is hard connected to my modem, not wireless. Called my internet provider and they could not find any problems with my connection.
    I tried all the suggestions on Microsoft's Forum, like deleting SpyHunter and using my command prompt and running DISM and SFP (I think, can't remember) but they kept coming back no problems found.
    So today I decided instead of using Internet Explorer, I would use Google Chrome. It worked, no problems!! So I set my default as Chrome and now all my problems, so far, are gone. Can anyone explain this phenomenon to me?

:)

horizonjeana, Jul 14, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Jul 14, 2016
  3. mitcdani Win User
    Making IE my default browser in Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge

How can I make IE my default browser in Windows 10. Microseft edge is there and Google chrome is the default. I followed all directions to make IE my default browser, but nothing happens

mitcdani, Jul 14, 2016
  4. Hwalker1 Win User

Had to make CHROME my Default Browser in Windows 10

You are lucky! If I set any browser other than edge to be the default, I get all sorts of problems and error messages. So I have to leave it set to edge. I then use Firefox, as I have not used IE for the last 10 years due to its total lack of work-ability. Edge is just the same, but if you ask Cortana a question it always answers in Edge. Why does Microsoft not just get out of the browser business, and leave it to people who know how to construct a browser? Incidentally, Cortana will help if I type in the text box, but does not seem to have any language for British English that I can find, so there is no chance of "Ask Cortana" using a microphone.

Hwalker1, Jul 15, 2016
Thema:

Had to make CHROME my Default Browser in Windows 10

1. Had to make CHROME my Default Browser in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - CHROME Default Browser

2. Why can't I make chrome my default browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why can't I make chrome my default browser?: When I go Setting > Default Apps > web browser then click on it only microsoft edge and opera pop up. Do I need to reinstall chrome? Am I being an idiot? please help. submitted by /u/puffydefish [link] [comments]...
  3. I can't make google chrome my default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't make google chrome my default browser: [ATTACH] So I set google chrome to be my default browser but whenever I click the "windows" button and search for something, it goes directly to microsoft edge. I am not sure how to fix that....
  4. set CHROME as my default browser

set CHROME as my default browser: Since, CHROME is not in the MicroSoft "App Store" how do you set CHROME as my default browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/set-chrome-as-my-default-browser/f21285f8-fc6b-4e5f-97ef-380d306de7b5
  5. How do I make Chrome my default browser?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I make Chrome my default browser?: how do I stop MSN automatically loading up when I connect to the Internet, I have to keep closing it and opening chrome, also when start-up my computer doesn't automatically connect to the Internet, I have to keep man,ually connecting it though I've ticked the box...
  6. How to make Chrome default browser in Windows 10

How to make Chrome default browser in Windows 10: I am not getting the way to set Chrome as default browser permanently. Just give the steps to do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-chrome-default-browser-in-windows-10/90038208-eac7-4935-92a3-9bb0e17f6cc8
  7. how does one make Chrome the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    how does one make Chrome the default browser: I have set Chrome to default browser and all seems to be well apart from one or even to burps. In certain emails, I click on an attachment and it will still open up Microsoft Edge. The question for today is ... how does one stop an attachment file stubbornly opening up Edge...
  8. Make Chrome the default browser in start-search

in Browsers and Email
    Make Chrome the default browser in start-search: How do I make Google Chrome (rather the Edge) as the default search engine when do a Start - search request? 94202
  9. Cannot make Chrome as default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot make Chrome as default browser: I have tried all the suggested methods of setting Chrome as a default browser. When open Chrome, I go through of downloading Chrome and agreeing to terms etc etc and it does not work. The next time I log in with Chrome it asks me to make it a default again. When I go through...
  10. Can't make Chrome default browser, only msEdge

in Browsers and Email
    Can't make Chrome default browser, only msEdge: Hello & Thanks , Can't make Chrome default browser, only msEdge . When in Chrome and I click make chrome default , nothing happens . And Edge won't let go . How to fix . Thanks...Vern 35805