Windows 10: Had to reinstall win 10 on my computer i have switched motherboards and some other hardwar...

Discus and support Had to reinstall win 10 on my computer i have switched motherboards and some other hardwar... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was on the phone with a rep but he was quite rude and hung up on me while I was looking for my product key or id I really was disappointed in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by trawthabeat1990, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Had to reinstall win 10 on my computer i have switched motherboards and some other hardwar...

I was on the phone with a rep but he was quite rude and hung up on me while I was looking for my product key or id I really was disappointed in the fact that one of your Microsoft crew members could be so rude and hang up on me rite when I found the product key. is there anyway we can get my newly assembled pc activated with my *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account or my trawthabeat1990 Xbox gamer tag I would really hate to find some other os I could use without so called Microsoft professionals that like being rude unhelpful and discouraging me to talk to anyone over there head because they were so rude and so rude to hang up while I'm talking thank you for your time didn't mean to rant off but your employ has made it hard to respect you guys hopefully anyone above customer service cashier could help me please get my product key straightened out i really only use on 1 pc I'm just always adding better parts and stuff like that to it and better hard drives to install win 10 please help me get a valid product key or id had worked for years till today pretty please I know most of you all care about people and customers but that one guy is gonna sink you guys under but thanks in advance for key or id.

:)

trawthabeat1990, Apr 21, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Apr 21, 2019
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Apr 21, 2019
  4. csatennis Win User

Had to reinstall win 10 on my computer i have switched motherboards and some other hardwar...

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Had to reinstall win 10 on my computer i have switched motherboards and some other hardwar...

1. Had to reinstall win 10 on my computer i have switched motherboards and some other hardwar... - Similar Threads - reinstall computer switched

2. Do i have to reinstall win 11 after motherboard upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do i have to reinstall win 11 after motherboard upgrade: I am upgrading from a msi b550 to a msi x570 and will I need to reinstall windows because of the small chipset change.The cpu gpu and ram and ssd are same though....
  3. Do i have to reinstall win 11 after motherboard upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Do i have to reinstall win 11 after motherboard upgrade: I am upgrading from a msi b550 to a msi x570 and will I need to reinstall windows because of the small chipset change.The cpu gpu and ram and ssd are same though....
  4. i have an old laptop that had win 7 on it but had linux on it i want o reinstall win 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have an old laptop that had win 7 on it but had linux on it i want o reinstall win 7: hi i have a old laptop that my son put linux on i have a win 7 product key and i want to reinstall that and then upgrade to win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-old-laptop-that-had-win-7-on-it-but-had/8ee6d186-cad4-4cdc-9d7a-227d822159c5
  5. i have an old laptop that had win 7 on it but had linux on it i want o reinstall win 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have an old laptop that had win 7 on it but had linux on it i want o reinstall win 7: hi i have a old laptop that my son put linux on i have a win 7 product key and i want to reinstall that and then upgrade to win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-old-laptop-that-had-win-7-on-it-but-had/8ee6d186-cad4-4cdc-9d7a-227d822159c5
  6. Reinstalling Windows after Hardware change new motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reinstalling Windows after Hardware change new motherboard: Hello,I have recently updated my hardware for my desktop including motherboard, CPU, RAM, and HDD and want to reinstall Windows. My product key that I received as a gift was for Windows 8.1 that I then upgraded my PC to Windows 10 several years ago. Can I download the Windows...
  7. I have overwritten cmd.exe with some other exe accidentally, how to reinstall?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have overwritten cmd.exe with some other exe accidentally, how to reinstall?: So I have overwritten cmd.exe with utilman.exe for some dumb reason... how to reinstall cmd? PS: Powershell works fine if needed! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-overwritten-cmdexe-with-some-other-exe/83d7fd30-03c6-4468-8dfd-73feff86a0b8
  8. I have a problem reinstalling win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a problem reinstalling win 10: I tried reinstalling windows a couple times now, and after some problems went to the Microsoft support. They gave me a Programm for reinstalling, and I used it with the settings to wipe everything and start from scratch. Not the programm emulated (or at least I think that) a...
  9. i had to reset my computer and it reinstalled windows 8.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i had to reset my computer and it reinstalled windows 8.: i had to reset my computer and it reinstall windows 8. How do i get back to Windows 10 Build 1607? i was one of the firstpeople to download and use Windows 10, becauise of its size and running effeciency comparisions to Windows XP. i believe i had the update(beta maybe...
  10. I had to reset my computer. Can I reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I had to reset my computer. Can I reinstall windows 10: I had to reset my computer. Can I reinstall windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10/0d1d2eae-c526-4763-83c3-24f7a490d9a7