Windows 10: Had to reinstall Windows 10 after laptop auto-updated to Windows 11 - Lost all apps

Discus and support Had to reinstall Windows 10 after laptop auto-updated to Windows 11 - Lost all apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop auto-updated to Windows 11, & it never worked correctly black screen with cursor issue... I gave up trying to bring Windows 11 to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveCobble, Oct 2, 2022.

1. Had to reinstall Windows 10 after laptop auto-updated to Windows 11 - Lost all apps

My laptop auto-updated to Windows 11, & it never worked correctly black screen with cursor issue... I gave up trying to bring Windows 11 to a functional state & reinstalled Windows 10 - the process deleted files & apps from my computer - I wasn't given an option otherwise... I backed up all the files, so no big deal there, but I also lost Word, Excel, & other apps that I use on a regular basis, apps that I purchased with the laptop.Is there any way to reinstall these lost apps without have to repurchase them?Thanks,Steve

:)

SteveCobble, Oct 2, 2022
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Oct 2, 2022
  3. MrGenius Win User
    [Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Had to reinstall Windows 10 after laptop auto-updated to Windows 11 - Lost all apps :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Oct 2, 2022
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Had to reinstall Windows 10 after laptop auto-updated to Windows 11 - Lost all apps

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Oct 2, 2022
Thema:

Had to reinstall Windows 10 after laptop auto-updated to Windows 11 - Lost all apps

1. Had to reinstall Windows 10 after laptop auto-updated to Windows 11 - Lost all apps - Similar Threads - reinstall laptop auto

2. All microsoft apps are not working after reinstallation of windows 11 !!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All microsoft apps are not working after reinstallation of windows 11 !!: Hello, I am in big trouble ! I got my laptop in September it’s huawei matebook D15 and it came with builtin windows 11. I gave my laptop to a technician to download few softwares and since then I started facing problems. Recently my microsoft store was not...
  3. All microsoft apps are not working after reinstallation of windows 11 !!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All microsoft apps are not working after reinstallation of windows 11 !!: Hello, I am in big trouble ! I got my laptop in September it’s huawei matebook D15 and it came with builtin windows 11. I gave my laptop to a technician to download few softwares and since then I started facing problems. Recently my microsoft store was not...
  4. Had to reinstall Windows 10 after laptop auto-updated to Windows 11 - Lost all apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had to reinstall Windows 10 after laptop auto-updated to Windows 11 - Lost all apps: My laptop auto-updated to Windows 11, & it never worked correctly black screen with cursor issue... I gave up trying to bring Windows 11 to a functional state & reinstalled Windows 10 - the process deleted files & apps from my computer - I wasn't given an option otherwise......
  5. Had to reinstall Windows 10 after laptop auto-updated to Windows 11 - Lost all apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Had to reinstall Windows 10 after laptop auto-updated to Windows 11 - Lost all apps: My laptop auto-updated to Windows 11, & it never worked correctly black screen with cursor issue... I gave up trying to bring Windows 11 to a functional state & reinstalled Windows 10 - the process deleted files & apps from my computer - I wasn't given an option otherwise......
  6. Lost All Microsoft Apps After Resetting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost All Microsoft Apps After Resetting Windows 10: Hello Friends, This is Rajiv, Few days back my window 10 was updating and after that next time i was not able to start my laptop. It was stuck on Automatic Repair Loop and after many attempts to fix it when i could not fix it, i choose to go for resetting window, i choose...
  7. I lost all my filed after Windows 10 auto updated

I lost all my filed after Windows 10 auto updated: How do I recover my lost files after Windows 10 update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-all-my-filed-after-windows-10-auto-updated/688a7a8b-1138-4b83-9808-411d0c8e6093
  8. Auto download Windows 10 and lost alldownload, all app, lost my printer download

Auto download Windows 10 and lost alldownload, all app, lost my printer download: Split from this thread. How to revert back to the old version of EDGE I anilsheth1 . auto download my window10 and lost my alldownload.,/all app/ also lost my printer download. now new windows don't allow my printer download and print. any body have any solution to get...
  9. Auto Update all is lost

Auto Update all is lost: All my Docs and most apps are gone sense my PC automatic update. It did it last week and I was able to go to users folder and find everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/auto-update-all-is-lost/62acaead-e7d9-49f4-9924-ce7cb55595c1
  10. Apps lost after Windows 10 update

Apps lost after Windows 10 update: Went to bed letting the laptop update and this morning he was unable to logon - User profile service has having proboems. After a couple of restarts he managed to logon but most of his icons were missing so he called me His system looks like it has been completely trashed....