Windows 10: Had to reinstall Windows 10. My computer was wiped clean. Does that mean my product keys...

Discus and support Had to reinstall Windows 10. My computer was wiped clean. Does that mean my product keys... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My main question: Does anybody have any idea as to whether an installation of a product key on the same computer after reinstallation of windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/anon10753, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Had to reinstall Windows 10. My computer was wiped clean. Does that mean my product keys...

My main question: Does anybody have any idea as to whether an installation of a product key on the same computer after reinstallation of windows 10 will use the second product key?

I purchased a Dell Precision 3630 Tower in June 2020; received it in July 2020. Since I got the computer, my dual monitors had been randomly shutting off. If I moved the mouse, the monitor that shut off would awaken most times. Inevitably, shaking the mouse would no longer work and the monitor would shut off for good. The power button would blink and technically be "on." But I could not wake the screen for use. I'd have to restart the computer to get the screen to turn back on. I thought it had something to do with the monitors or the adapters I was using for the monitors. The monitors are roughly 3 years old and I was using VGA to Displayport adapters.

Last Friday, I finally called customer support. The very helpful customer service woman told me it was likely a software issue and recommended that I uninstall and reinstall windows 10. (This was after many hours of troubleshooting). She gave me the information and the instructions. The instructions were a lot simpler than the actual process. It also took a great deal of time. I think I've since reinstalled windows 10 properly.

Now, I am starting with a "brand new" empty system. I purchased Word Perfect when I first got the computer and it comes with 2 installation of product keys. I installed and used one of the 2 product keys when I first set up my computer back in July. My concern is that if I punch in the product key again and that uses the second product key and if I actually did the installation wrong and have to redo it, I will have no more product keys.

Does anybody have any idea as to whether an installation of a product key on the same computer will use the second product key?

submitted by /u/anon10753
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/anon10753, Sep 16, 2020
  2. tray Win User

Product key after wiping

Can i still use my product key that microsoft gave to activate window 10 ,after i wipe my hard-drive?...I was thinking about selling my computer......I have already activate window 10 ,but i know after wiping the hard-drive,i would have to reinstall window 10

3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Sep 16, 2020
  4. pigulici Win User

Had to reinstall Windows 10. My computer was wiped clean. Does that mean my product keys...

How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Yes, still work, no need to call, just be sure to have internet access when you start to install 10, I work at pc shop and did this few days ago, used a key of 7 to put clean 10(wasn't used for upgrade).

pigulici, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Had to reinstall Windows 10. My computer was wiped clean. Does that mean my product keys...

1. Had to reinstall Windows 10. My computer was wiped clean. Does that mean my product keys... - Similar Threads - reinstall computer was

2. wipe computer clean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wipe computer clean?: I have a new computer and I need to know how to clean off all the files. Thank you. It is a PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wipe-computer-clean/67ec7867-b919-4832-afe0-e97cd38e292e
  3. wipe computer clean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wipe computer clean?: I have a new computer and I need to know how to clean off all the files. Thank you. It is a PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wipe-computer-clean/67ec7867-b919-4832-afe0-e97cd38e292e
  4. wipe computer clean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Wipe My Computer Clean

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wipe My Computer Clean: Currently, I am preparing my computer to return to an employer. We were allowed to use it for personal use however some word documents that were for personal use were placed on the desktop. I've since cut those personal docs from the desktop and pasted to my thumb drive. My...
  6. Wipe My Computer Clean

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wipe My Computer Clean: Currently, I am preparing my computer to return to an employer. We were allowed to use it for personal use however some word documents that were for personal use were placed on the desktop. I've since cut those personal docs from the desktop and pasted to my thumb drive. My...
  7. Last Windows 10 Update was a disaster-it wiped my computer clean.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Last Windows 10 Update was a disaster-it wiped my computer clean.: I recently updated Windows 10 and virtually every website I used was eliminated. All my cookies, passwords, and histories were destroyed. I have spent three days trying to put my computer back together and all I get is a stupid 60 character "what can I help you with". I swear...
  8. Can I reinstall windows to my computer with product key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I reinstall windows to my computer with product key?: I want to delete Windows 10 on my ssd, if i want to install windows 10 again after i delete, is the product key will be enough to reinstall windows 10? submitted by /u/addictedtonewideas [link] [comments]...
  9. Clean wipe a computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean wipe a computer: Hello, I would like to give away my old computer which is still working with windows 10 pro, but as you know from my previous posts, it fed me a lot of troubles. But first I want to "clean" all my documents, passwords kept on google chrome browser, pictures and videos, etc....
  10. Had to Wipe the drive clean

in Windows 10 Support
    Had to Wipe the drive clean: I had an interesting experience. We had a power failure so Windows 10 did not shut down properly. No big deal, right? It's happened to us all. Just restart as always, and it will correct itself. Nope. It would not restart, it kept saying errors. I had to wipe out...