Windows 10: Had to reset bios settings and now windows can't recognize TPM

Discus and support Had to reset bios settings and now windows can't recognize TPM in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Due to a problem that happened, I had to reset BIOS settings. Now even after enabling TPM in BIOS Windows 11 still doesn't recognize TPM. I searched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AliAl-Ebrahim, Mar 2, 2023.

1. Had to reset bios settings and now windows can't recognize TPM

Due to a problem that happened, I had to reset BIOS settings. Now even after enabling TPM in BIOS Windows 11 still doesn't recognize TPM. I searched for TPM in device manager and it doesn't even appear. Windows security now keeps telling me there is no TPM.

:)

AliAl-Ebrahim, Mar 2, 2023
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Bios tpm settings

Hi Mohammedo

If you boot into BIOS, then go to Advance - Trusted Computing, do you not find TPM or PTT listed there?

What method did you use to install Windows 11 without TPM being enabled?

DaveM121, Mar 2, 2023
  3. Gamerdo:) Win User
    Bios tpm settings

Hello

I see the tpm setting open in windows, but when I enter the bios, I can't find the tpm setting anywhere. I updated the bios but the result is still the same, I'm using an intel processor so there should be a PTT setting in the bios but I can't find it, what should I do, thanks

Gamerdo:), Mar 2, 2023
  4. Had to reset bios settings and now windows can't recognize TPM

Windows Security says "There is no TPM available. Please check BIOS settings."

I mentioned these cases earlier, they continue to hold up

• Restart the PC, give no input, just let it restart back into Windows: get the TPM warning (tried this a couple of times)
    • Restart the PC, hit DEL to enter BIOS, then just save end exit and let Windows start: get the TPM warning
    • Restart the PC, hit DEL to enter BIOS, go to Advanced Mode, into PCH-FW Configuration, note that it is on Enable Firmware TPM (the only other option is Enable Discrete TMP), Save & Exit, note that it says No Changes Made, let Windows start: no TPM warning
    I'll add this one:

• Shut down the PC, then boot it up again: no TPM warning
    A simple restart seems to lead to the TPM warning UNLESS I go into the TPM setting in BIOS, but a full shut down will remove the warning the next time I power up.

GRCurmudgeon, Mar 2, 2023
Thema:

Had to reset bios settings and now windows can't recognize TPM

1. Had to reset bios settings and now windows can't recognize TPM - Similar Threads - reset bios settings

2. Had to reset bios settings with cmos battery and now can’t login with pin or password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had to reset bios settings with cmos battery and now can’t login with pin or password.: Hi,I was upgrading my ram yesterday and I changed it out then booted my computer and it worked fine. Then I turned on the xmp profile for the new ram and it didn’t boot so I had to take out the cmos battery to reset the settings. When I did that I guess the tpm got cleared...
  3. Had to reset bios settings with cmos battery and now can’t login with pin or password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Had to reset bios settings with cmos battery and now can’t login with pin or password.: Hi,I was upgrading my ram yesterday and I changed it out then booted my computer and it worked fine. Then I turned on the xmp profile for the new ram and it didn’t boot so I had to take out the cmos battery to reset the settings. When I did that I guess the tpm got cleared...
  4. Had to reset bios settings and now windows can't recognize TPM

Had to reset bios settings and now windows can't recognize TPM: Due to a problem that happened, I had to reset BIOS settings. Now even after enabling TPM in BIOS Windows 11 still doesn't recognize TPM. I searched for TPM in device manager and it doesn't even appear. Windows security now keeps telling me there is no TPM....
  5. Had to deset bios settibgs and now windows can't recognize TPM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Had to deset bios settibgs and now windows can't recognize TPM: Due to a problem that happened, I had to reset BIOS settings. Now even after enabling TPM in BIOS Windows 11 still doesn't recognize TPM. I searched for TPM in device manager and it doesn't even appear. Windows security now keeps telling me there is no TPM....
  6. Bios tpm settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bios tpm settings: HelloI see the tpm setting open in windows, but when I enter the bios, I can't find the tpm setting anywhere. I updated the bios but the result is still the same, I'm using an intel processor so there should be a PTT setting in the bios but I can't find it, what should I do,...
  7. Bios tpm settings

Bios tpm settings: HelloI see the tpm setting open in windows, but when I enter the bios, I can't find the tpm setting anywhere. I updated the bios but the result is still the same, I'm using an intel processor so there should be a PTT setting in the bios but I can't find it, what should I do,...
  8. TPM settings in bios not there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM settings in bios not there: My HP Pavillion G7 Windows 10 home needs TPM for windows 11 .. in the bios settings under security I do not have anything there except to change the password.Advice??...
  9. TPM settings in bios not there

TPM settings in bios not there: My HP Pavillion G7 Windows 10 home needs TPM for windows 11 .. in the bios settings under security I do not have anything there except to change the password.Advice??...
  10. TPM settings in bios not there

in Windows 10 Customization