Windows 10: had to reset my surface and it reset to windows 8 - how do I get it back to Windows 10 now?

Discus and support had to reset my surface and it reset to windows 8 - how do I get it back to Windows 10 now? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; had to reset my surface and it reset to windows 8 - how do I get it back to Windows 10 now? It was at windows 10 before reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoeJeske, Aug 13, 2018.

1. JoeJeske Win User

had to reset my surface and it reset to windows 8 - how do I get it back to Windows 10 now?

had to reset my surface and it reset to windows 8 - how do I get it back to Windows 10 now? It was at windows 10 before reset

:)

JoeJeske, Aug 13, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Aug 13, 2018
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Windows 8 PC reset

I have used this software from Passcape called Reset Windows Password, to reset a Windows 8.1 administrator password on, that was even linked to a online account and it worked fine.

Link: Reset Windows Password

puma99dk|, Aug 13, 2018
  4. newfellow Win User

had to reset my surface and it reset to windows 8 - how do I get it back to Windows 10 now?

How to reset whole netsh? (Windows 7)

Was wondering has the commands changed somehow since on Windows XP and on Windows Vista 'NETSH INT RESET ALL' cleaned entire netsh up from top to bottom.

Now on Windows 7 this same command says no go and only way I can see it is by building .cmd/.bat which does something like:

Code: netsh winsock reset all netsh int 6to4 reset all netsh int ipv4 reset all netsh int ipv6 reset all netsh int httpstunnel reset all netsh int isatap reset all netsh int portproxy reset all netsh int tcp reset all netsh int teredo reset all[/quote] now the king of the hill of bugs is this doesn't actually do even it's job even after reboot. values setup to are not reset to defaults. (I know I could add more entire list of entries there is, but looking for clean delete/wipe settings & default everything not to dump entire list of resets.)

So, anyone got a plan B?

newfellow, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

1. had to reset my surface and it reset to windows 8 - how do I get it back to Windows 10 now? - Similar Threads - reset surface reset

2. Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...: Hello My lenovo ideapad started out with windows 8 then it updated to 8.1 then years ago it updated to windows 10 when it came out and it has run great all these years. Then I turned it on to get the monthly updates but it would not start up like it has always done. So lenovo...
  3. Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...: Hello My lenovo ideapad started out with windows 8 then it updated to 8.1 then years ago it updated to windows 10 when it came out and it has run great all these years. Then I turned it on to get the monthly updates but it would not start up like it has always done. So lenovo...
  4. Windows 10 had to do a full reinstall back to windows 8 and now I get error 80072EFE and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to undo a reset or get the files I had?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to undo a reset or get the files I had?: I had to do a system restore and chose to keep my files. After the restore all my file were gone and not in the windows.old folder. Is there a way to undo this or is there another spot these file can be?...
  6. HOW DO I GET BACK MY FILES AFTER A WINDOWS 10 PC RESET

HOW DO I GET BACK MY FILES AFTER A WINDOWS 10 PC RESET: Hi,I recently installed windows 10 feature update, but it didn't update and I couldn't boot my Laptop again.I got stuck with the undoing changes to your computer loop. I tried all the troubleshoot methods but none worked.So I had to use the reset pc method and I choose the...
  7. Wtf is this and how do I get back to my factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wtf is this and how do I get back to my factory reset: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/redbaron363636 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jmizls/wtf_is_this_and_how_do_i_get_back_to_my_factory/
  8. reset to factory windows 8 now what?

in Windows 10 Customization
    reset to factory windows 8 now what?: My daughters computer got locked up by something. I was able to bring it up in safe mode finally and did a factory reset. Worked just fine. Problem is now she has windows 8. She had the free upgrade. Do I have to buy windows 10 now?...
  9. Had to reset computer and lost Windows 10. How do I get it back?

Had to reset computer and lost Windows 10. How do I get it back?: My old gaming desktop has been inactive for a couple years and in that time something about my system completely failed and I had to reset it to factory. It's running great now but factory was Windows 7. I upgraded to Windows 10 during their free period and now I'm wondering...
  10. i had to reset my computer and it reinstalled windows 8.

i had to reset my computer and it reinstalled windows 8.: i had to reset my computer and it reinstall windows 8. How do i get back to Windows 10 Build 1607? i was one of the firstpeople to download and use Windows 10, becauise of its size and running effeciency comparisions to Windows XP. i believe i had the update(beta maybe...