Windows 10: Had to share a GINORMOUS WTF JUST HAPPENED

Discus and support Had to share a GINORMOUS WTF JUST HAPPENED in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The issue has resolved itself but if anyone has a clue what happened based on the description -- I'm all ears. I have a Lenovo that acts as a kitchen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by The Pool Man, May 12, 2021.

1. Had to share a GINORMOUS WTF JUST HAPPENED

The issue has resolved itself but if anyone has a clue what happened based on the description -- I'm all ears. I have a Lenovo that acts as a kitchen TV. Last night I was streaming THE OFFICE off of an admittedly 'risky' site. (This laptop is 'expendable' in that there's no critical data stored on it.) While my wife and I were eating she spilled some water. My mouse and mousepad were on the table. In her efforts to save them she knocked the mouse onto the floor. When I got it back -- the PC was half unresponsive. 1. There were no funny windows open. (Like the fallen mouse triggered something.) 2. I couldn't click half of anything on the screen. Right click was dead. 3. GET THIS -- I managed to get Powershell open for an SFC but it informed me I was no longer admin. 4. A forced reboot didn't fix shinola. 5. Turning off the wireless mouse, unplugging the usb dongle? Nada. 6. I plugged a wired mouse. Nada. 7 Since my wife has used Windows way longer than me, she asked if I had tried CONTROL ALT DELETE. (I almost never need to.) That kinda freed things up a bit. 8. There's a recommended Firefox plugin I had set to inactive. It's called Video Downloader. I removed it. (I find this plugin is best and on/off thing. Install, use if you must, then get rid of it.) That maybe helped. 9. Long Defender scan and Malwarebytes reported no problem. 10. There was a Cumulative update available. But not already in progress when I discovered it. So here's the basic question -- what are the odds of that plugin doing something nefarious JUST as the mouse drop happened? To me extremely low. But, then, the odds that the mouse caused all this seems ten times crazier to me.

:)

The Pool Man, May 12, 2021
  2. MamaBear Win User

WTF just happened?!

Why won't this work?

Had to share a GINORMOUS WTF JUST HAPPENED [​IMG]

MamaBear, May 12, 2021
  3. MamaBear Win User
    WTF just happened?!

The setup screens are hosed! It went from saying it's an AMD process to INTEL! I cant even comprehend how an AMD cpu can run with bios being set to Intel.

Had to share a GINORMOUS WTF JUST HAPPENED [​IMG]

MamaBear, May 12, 2021
  4. Had to share a GINORMOUS WTF JUST HAPPENED

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Had to share a GINORMOUS WTF JUST HAPPENED

1. Had to share a GINORMOUS WTF JUST HAPPENED - Similar Threads - share GINORMOUS WTF

2. wtf

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    wtf: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/kp3aug7v53y71.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=ed480f7aa83c0ccf43c2d7e1724ac9c25f55fcb4 submitted by /u/ARA-v2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/qofd1x/wtf/
  3. WTF is making this noise??? I just got this PC!

WTF is making this noise??? I just got this PC!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fakeaccountthx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kbqrjm/wtf_is_making_this_noise_i_just_got_this_pc/
  4. lol wtf happened? update problem

lol wtf happened? update problem: [ATTACH] this happened after rebooting because of updates https://preview.redd.it/jl8f4nodk6w51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=e41fb2880b4d27571a2b7198ff8a13ae17b5f47e submitted by /u/funky-monk91 [link] [comments]...
  5. Wtf just happened to my pc.

Wtf just happened to my pc.: So I was just playing some GTA 5 on my xbox and got bored of it so I got on my computer to play minecraft. My computer was already on and the launcher was already open so I just click play and wait for it to load. I got loaded in, go to the multiplayer tab, and click on a...
  6. just want to share what happened in Macrium Error Fixing

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    just want to share what happened in Macrium Error Fixing: [img] Found This Here and it worked https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...windows-server 145353
  7. just want to share what happened in Macrium Error Fixing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    just want to share what happened in Macrium Error Fixing: [img] Found This Here and it worked https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...windows-server 145353
  8. WTF are these and why this File and or Folder Access restriction happen?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WTF are these and why this File and or Folder Access restriction happen?: WTF are these and why this File and or Folder Access restriction happen - My computer, My HDDs, My Files and Folders - Who the hell is OS to deny access to some or the other file or folder every now and then ? See the end of this message for details on invoking...
  9. WTF just happened?!

in Windows 10 Support
    WTF just happened?!: I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 about 4 days before it expired - July 26th, if I recall. There have been a few problems along the way, but everything was working when I left for school tonight. I came back and the screen was dark and unresponsive. I usually have my PC...
  10. WTF happened to "Open With"?

in Windows 10 Support
    WTF happened to "Open With"?: EDIT: Figured it out, I need to go into the properties menu to set this up now. That kind of sucks as I'd rather just have a context menu drop down from right click, but it'll do for now. Gonna E-mail Microsoft later to complain about this pointless change. I know it probably...