Windows 10: HAL 12 Error

Discus and support HAL 12 Error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can anyone explain a HAL12 error that has a date of 9/28/2183; just started getting this error about 3 days ago when coming out of sleep. Had HAL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by csmdew, Jun 26, 2017.

1. csmdew Win User

HAL 12 Error

Can anyone explain a HAL12 error that has a date of 9/28/2183; just started getting this error about 3 days ago when coming out of sleep. Had HAL errors in the past but don't remember how I fixed them since it was many years ago.

:)

csmdew, Jun 26, 2017

2. It says I need administrator privileges but I am the administrator

I have tried that, and just did it again. The Owner is Hal now, but everything else is the same. (All error messages are the same as they were before; the only difference is the user that's listed as the Owner.)

HalPhillips_721, Jun 26, 2017
  3. HalQuinn Win User
    Error on windows : SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION (ks.sys)

Original title : on windows 10 error

It read SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION (ks.sys) Then it requires to restart . I cant get past this point... Need help>>>

Hal

HalQuinn, Jun 26, 2017
  4. HAL 12 Error

Don't hold me to it but,
    HPs firmware corruption and softpaq fixes.

Other new or old bios updates.

Gigabyte motherboards, etc

I have my notebook alright iPhone now of Hal errors but my mind needs caffeinated beverages in gallons.

What motherboard, laptop or desktop, etc

Frozenoem1, Jun 26, 2017
  5. csmdew Win User
    Gigabyte MB, in self built pc

csmdew, Jun 27, 2017
  6. Corrupt memory,
    Firmware update
    Or ?

Frozenoem1, Jun 27, 2017
  7. csmdew Win User
    none of the above; latest bios and memtest says mem good...repaired this problem when first got 10 but now back with update to first of month (jun)

csmdew, Jun 29, 2017
  8. HAL 12 Error

Which Gigabyte mother board, there are pages upon pages of HAL 12 errors in a quick search.

Exact model # would narrow down to manageable pages.

Or Google - Gigabyte HAL 12 Errors.

Frozenoem1, Jun 29, 2017
  9. csmdew Win User
    GA 990FXA; thinking it's bad board again, warranty replaced about 2.5 yrs ago and I think it was same problem. Comes out of sleep and sometimes you have to shut power off to unit before it will start or reboot.

csmdew, Jun 30, 2017
  10. Keep seeing corrupted data on those boards for that error, try the Gigabyte forums for a definitive answer.

Frozenoem1, Jun 30, 2017
  11. csmdew Win User
    don't know how you did it, but I found nothing there on hal 12 event error

csmdew, Jun 30, 2017
  12. What CPU do you have on board, and can you post "exact error message" complete.

With all attached devices, and what if anything you did or happened at onset of issue.

Have an idea
    HAL 12 Error [​IMG]

Frozenoem1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

HAL 12 Error

1. HAL 12 Error - Similar Threads - HAL Error

2. Microsoft-Windows-HAL Error with event id 13

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft-Windows-HAL Error with event id 13: Hello.I left home for 2 weeks and didn't use my HP Envy m6 laptop during those 2 weeks. When I went back and started it up, the laptop randomly shut down after 2-5 minutes when I started it up. I went through my event log and found a Microsoft-Windows-HAL error with Event ID...
  3. Microsoft-Windows-HAL Error with event id 13

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft-Windows-HAL Error with event id 13: Hello.I left home for 2 weeks and didn't use my HP Envy m6 laptop during those 2 weeks. When I went back and started it up, the laptop randomly shut down after 2-5 minutes when I started it up. I went through my event log and found a Microsoft-Windows-HAL error with Event ID...
  4. Microsoft-Windows-HAL Error with event id 13

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Error Event ID 15 - Source HAL. Second GPU not appearing on Task Manager or Device Manager....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Event ID 15 - Source HAL. Second GPU not appearing on Task Manager or Device Manager....: I have two GPUs - an AMD Radeon and a GeForce GTX 1650. They both used to appear on the Task Manager and the Device Manager, and now only the AMD Radeon does. I have spoken to someone who is techy and they showed me the Event Viewer which showed an error message from two days...
  6. Error Event ID 15 - Source HAL. Second GPU not appearing on Task Manager or Device Manager....

Error Event ID 15 - Source HAL. Second GPU not appearing on Task Manager or Device Manager....: I have two GPUs - an AMD Radeon and a GeForce GTX 1650. They both used to appear on the Task Manager and the Device Manager, and now only the AMD Radeon does. I have spoken to someone who is techy and they showed me the Event Viewer which showed an error message from two days...
  7. event viewer error source hal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer error source hal: event viewer error source hal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-error-source-hal/5259ce73-95bb-432f-9f95-73c56eaf1cb7
  8. event viewer error source hal

event viewer error source hal: event viewer error source hal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-error-source-hal/5259ce73-95bb-432f-9f95-73c56eaf1cb7
  9. event viewer error source hal

10. error: HAL MEMORY ALLOCATION

error: HAL MEMORY ALLOCATION: During start up, my laptop gives an error HAL MEMORY ALLOCATION, 0x000000AC and a blue screen. I have Lenovo ThinkPad T61, Windows 10 pro 64 bit, 2004. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-hal-memory-allocation/ed054c97-5087-497e-8b15-ea7cc2c49e53