Windows 10: Half my RAM is hardware reserved

Discus and support Half my RAM is hardware reserved in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Recently, I added 4GB of RAM to my computer, bringing it up to 8GB. However, it appears that all this has done is increase the Hardware Reserved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarkKaswan, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Half my RAM is hardware reserved

Hi,

Recently, I added 4GB of RAM to my computer, bringing it up to 8GB. However, it appears that all this has done is increase the Hardware Reserved Memory to 4.3GB. In other words, I am getting absolutely no benefit from the additional RAM.

Following advice given elsewhere in this forum, I have:

-- Done a repair reinstall of Windows 10 (not a full reinstall)

-- Checked, and then unchecked, the box for Maximum Memory in MSCONFIG

-- Updated my BIOS

Using Resource Monitor, I cannot identify any hardware that is claiming a high level of RAM.

What can I do? Do I have to do a full reinstall of Windows?

I'm running Microsoft Windows Education (64-bit)

AMD FX-4100 quad-core processor, 3600 MHz

MSInfo32 shows 8.0GB RAM "installed physical memory," 3.73GB "total physical memory"

:)

MarkKaswan, Mar 12, 2019
  2. brummyfan Win User

Half RAM allocated to "Hardware Reserve"

Half my RAM is hardware reserved [​IMG]

brummyfan, Mar 12, 2019
  3. PatATC Win User

Hello everyone. I really hope you can help me. I'm at the end of my rope.

First off, my specs:
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 mobo
    AMD FX 8350 CPU
    2 x G skill 4 GB sticks
    EVGA 660 Ti GPU
    OS on SSD
    2 x 1 TB mechanical drives

Only half my RAM is showing as usable. The rest is shoved into hardware reserved. It doesn't matter what channels I use or even what RAM I use, it cuts whatever is in there by HALF. I even tried 4 sticks, cuts 16GB into 8GB.

I've tried CLEAN installs of Windows 10 AND 8.1, still cuts in half.

I've send mobo back to gigabyte, they tested and found no problem.

I tried a different CPU, still cut in half.

I tried different GPU, still RAM halved.

I've tried editing registry, unchecking that box for "maximum memory" in the msconfig boot menu. I've looked all through the BIOS and tweeked different settings. Nothing.

I'm hoping someone can help. I don't know what else to do here.

Included are screenshots.

PatATC, Mar 12, 2019
  4. CountMike Win User

Half my RAM is hardware reserved

I have almost same configuration and this is what it looks like here:

May be important that I'm using BIOS, not UEFI.

CountMike, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Half my RAM is hardware reserved

1. Half my RAM is hardware reserved - Similar Threads - Half RAM hardware

2. Hardware reserved half of my ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware reserved half of my ram: Hello, I am currently having a RAM issue, about 2 days ago I had taken out a ram stick. I placed it back firmly and made sure it was all good and connected. Well when I check task manager, it does indeed show 16GB 8x2. But the big issue I’m having is that only 8 is being...
  3. Hardware reserved half of my ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware reserved half of my ram: Hello, I am currently having a RAM issue, about 2 days ago I had taken out a ram stick. I placed it back firmly and made sure it was all good and connected. Well when I check task manager, it does indeed show 16GB 8x2. But the big issue I’m having is that only 8 is being...
  4. Hardware reserved half of my ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Half Ram is in Hardware reserved

Half Ram is in Hardware reserved: I've tried Multiple different solutions and non of them seem to solve the issue. Everywhere in windows it says I have 16GB of memory installed but only 7.94 Usable the rest in hardware reserve.this happens with another working kit of ram. it only happens when 2 sticks are...
  6. ‘Hardware Reserved’ Windows is using half of my RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ‘Hardware Reserved’ Windows is using half of my RAM: [ATTACH] I posted about this before on other subreddits and have done a chunk of research myself. I keep reaching dead ends but here I am trying again because I really want the best performance out of my rig. I have 16 gigs of RAM but have noticed that according to task...
  7. Windows 10 2004 19041.450 - Half of my RAM is "hardware reserved"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 2004 19041.450 - Half of my RAM is "hardware reserved": Ever since the update to version 2004, build 19041.450, the task manager shows half of my RAM as being hardware reserved. I have 2 sticks of 8GB RAM, on version 1903 and 1909, the task manager would show 16GB of RAM, with about 45MB hardware reserved. After the update to...
  8. Hardware reserving half my RAM

Hardware reserving half my RAM: I've been trying to fix a problem where my hardware will reserve 8gb of RAM, and my pc won't use my graphics card, even though it says its working fine, I believe the problem might be because of integrated graphics, that is using ram, and taking my graphics card place....
  9. Ram hardware reserved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ram hardware reserved: I have a small problem, in my desktop PC I have 16 gb ram DDR 4, and that's ok, but one day I decided to add additional 8 gb, and there is a problem, bios seeing all 24 gb but windows decided to reserve 12 gb. How to solve this? Thanks in advance. My system: Mb: ASRock b450...
  10. Half RAM allocated to "Hardware Reserve"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Half RAM allocated to "Hardware Reserve": Hello everyone. I really hope you can help me. I'm at the end of my rope. First off, my specs: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 mobo AMD FX 8350 CPU 2 x G skill 4 GB sticks EVGA 660 Ti GPU OS on SSD 2 x 1 TB mechanical drives Only half my RAM is showing as usable. The rest is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. half my ram is hardware reserved

2. half of my ram is hardware reserved

3. my ram is hardware reserved

4. half of ram hardware reserved,
  5. why is half my memory reserved,
  6. pc reservig half of ram for hardware,
  7. memory reserved for hardware windows 10,
  8. half of ram hardware reserved gigabyte fx 990 ud3,
  9. windwos 10 half o memory as hardware reserve,
  10. half of ram is hardware reserved,
  11. half of mu ram is dedicated to hardware,