Windows 10: Half of memory being used on nothing.

Discus and support Half of memory being used on nothing. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm not sure when this started, but recently I have noticed that even with no programs open(other than task manager itself), half of my available... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lolurmomxd, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Half of memory being used on nothing.

I'm not sure when this started, but recently I have noticed that even with no programs open(other than task manager itself), half of my available ram(7.8GB) is being used(5.9GB) by nothing. All the services definetely don't add up to 6GB. Does anyone have an idea of what issue I have? I tried to use Razer Cortex to boost my ram, but it only clears 2GB.

submitted by /u/lolurmomxd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lolurmomxd, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Half of memory being used on nothing.

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Half of memory being used on nothing.

1. Half of memory being used on nothing. - Similar Threads - Half memory being

2. Hidden Memory Being Used

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden Memory Being Used: My HD is being consumed by Apps & features, it is using 433 GB out of 460 GB total, but I might only have 30 GB worth of applications,I've read the space is used by hidden files recovery & shadow copies, I have tried Disk Cleanup with the more option/System Restore and Shadow...
  3. Hidden Memory Being Used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden Memory Being Used: My HD is being consumed by Apps & features, it is using 433 GB out of 460 GB total, but I might only have 30 GB worth of applications,I've read the space is used by hidden files recovery & shadow copies, I have tried Disk Cleanup with the more option/System Restore and Shadow...
  4. Hidden Memory Being Used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. tons of ram being used by nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tons of ram being used by nothing: Ok so i feel like this question has been answered a billion times, but no matter what forum or video I look i can't find the answer for me. Even when I am not running any games or anything, the amount of ram that is being used seems to be way more than all of the processes...
  6. tons of ram being used by nothing

tons of ram being used by nothing: Ok so i feel like this question has been answered a billion times, but no matter what forum or video I look i can't find the answer for me. Even when I am not running any games or anything, the amount of ram that is being used seems to be way more than all of the processes...
  7. Windows 11 seemingly reports being "out of memory" even though not even half my memory is used.

Windows 11 seemingly reports being "out of memory" even though not even half my memory is used.: Ever since upgrading to Windows 11, all kinds of software start reporting "being out of memory" browser tabs crashing with the "out_of_memory" error code, programs reporting being unable to allocate more memory to debug outputs, etc.. Whenever I check task manager though,...
  8. why is my computer using half of its memory when nothing it open? all the background...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why is my computer using half of its memory when nothing it open? all the background...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bromomento69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i8l722/why_is_my_computer_using_half_of_its_memory_when/
  9. RAM being used on nothing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM being used on nothing?: [ATTACH] Basically, I checked task manager and it says 50% of my RAM is being used, I calculated all the apps running and in total it should only be taking like 4GB. I got 16gb of RAM, also like 7GB of the RAM is being cached and it does not decrease even when my RAM is at...
  10. RAM Memory half being used by system/unknown application -Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RAM Memory half being used by system/unknown application -Windows 10: Hello, I need some help/solution for this! My problem is the next... I used to Windows 7 and it run well until It got infected so I formated it to Windows 10 (on Feb) and it run like you will expect from a recent formated PC, then I noticed it was almost using 50% of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. half memory is used