Windows 10: Half of my apps are crashing seconds after opening and I can't identify a cause

Discus and support Half of my apps are crashing seconds after opening and I can't identify a cause in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Spotify, Windows Device Manager, and a lot of other applications just crash when i try to open them, this somehow hasnt affected the Steam client but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by logan-houston, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Half of my apps are crashing seconds after opening and I can't identify a cause

Spotify, Windows Device Manager, and a lot of other applications just crash when i try to open them, this somehow hasnt affected the Steam client but it affected all of my games, steam or not.Godot Engine console prints these two lines which might be important:[0x7FFA5B7A2840] ANOMALY: meaningless REX prefix used [0x7FFA5B7A2840] ANOMALY: meaningless REX prefix usedwhich according to a stack overflow thread , only happens after a graphics card swap but I havent reconfigured my hardware in monthsDayZ launcher crashes while the launcher says "Loading data..."and GTA also displayed a message sayi

:)

logan-houston, Jun 20, 2021

2. Xbox app crashing seconds after opening

troubleshooter found nothing, xbox support couldnt help.

though it appears to be my friends list loading that crashes the app, i have a 2 second window between opening the app and it crashing and if i can in that window change it from showing friends to recent players the app doesnt crash

Dion Altoft, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Is the Photos App completely broken? It opens but crashes after 5 seconds.

There were so many errors in the system I just wiped everything and did a clean install. However, the Photos app still crashes immediately after opening it. I tried all the steps listed above and the problem persists. Creating a new user and doing a clean
    boot have no effect. The SFC scan reports no errors now, which is good, but the Photos app will not work despite trying everything that has been suggested. Also, the Troubleshooter for Windows Apps found no problems. Which is amusing, since there clearly is
    one.

To recap, despite trying all methods listed above, including a clean install to clear everything and make sure I have all current updates...Photos does not work.

I'd really like to hear a suggestion as to what to do next.

BrianBeagle, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Half of my apps are crashing seconds after opening and I can't identify a cause

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Half of my apps are crashing seconds after opening and I can't identify a cause :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 20, 2021
Thema:

Half of my apps are crashing seconds after opening and I can't identify a cause

1. Half of my apps are crashing seconds after opening and I can't identify a cause - Similar Threads - Half apps are

2. Device crashes regularly but unable to identify cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device crashes regularly but unable to identify cause: I have a new windows 10 device that crashes quite often - sometimes twice a day.When I looked at the .dmp files using windbg I am no wiser. The reason being that the bugcheck code is different for all the .dmp files I collected from the device. I believe the main reason is...
  3. Device crashes regularly but unable to identify cause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Device crashes regularly but unable to identify cause: I have a new windows 10 device that crashes quite often - sometimes twice a day.When I looked at the .dmp files using windbg I am no wiser. The reason being that the bugcheck code is different for all the .dmp files I collected from the device. I believe the main reason is...
  4. my apps keep closing because an app opens but closes within a half a second. this also...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my apps keep closing because an app opens but closes within a half a second. this also...: my apps keep closing because an app opens but closes within a half a second. this also stops all keyboard controls. how do i stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-keep-closing-because-an-app-opens-but/cc9fc718-173a-451e-a98f-c153dc9cfc64
  5. my apps keep closing because an app opens but closes within a half a second. this also...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my apps keep closing because an app opens but closes within a half a second. this also...: my apps keep closing because an app opens but closes within a half a second. this also stops all keyboard controls. how do i stop this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-apps-keep-closing-because-an-app-opens-but/cc9fc718-173a-451e-a98f-c153dc9cfc64
  6. most apps crash a few seconds after opening them

most apps crash a few seconds after opening them: most apps crash a few seconds after opening them including games or even windows programs like event viewer, this problem appeared out of nowhere a couple of weeks ago but disappeared a bit after i gave up trying to fix it when i accidently opened a game instead of opening...
  7. Windows 10 Can't open half of my apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Can't open half of my apps: When I tried to open my pictures with the photo app my PC tells me, "the device, the path or the file that you want to call up cannot be called up." and" Maybe you do not have the Rights to open the Picture ". But I am the Admin and after reading other post I made sure I am...
  8. Identify the cause of CPU Spike and crash

Identify the cause of CPU Spike and crash: I am using a Dell 5490 AIO since May and I still haven't figure out the cause of CPU spike. Now, it is causing a lot of trouble because my PC hang twice in the past 4 days. I checked Event Viewer and it only shows the Event 10010 Skype timeout error after the system crashed....
  9. Frequent Crashes/BSODs With No Identifiable Pattern or Cause

Frequent Crashes/BSODs With No Identifiable Pattern or Cause: The computer I'm using now is the first one I ever built - I completed it about two years ago. For many months now I've had frequent crashes with no identifiable cause. There doesn't seem to be a correlation between RAM-intensive activities and crashes. Sometimes I'll only...
  10. Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app crashes after a few seconds after opening: Hello, After installing and enjoying Windows 10 for a few weeks, I am having problems with the Photo app. I was able to open it up with no problems and it showed me all my pictures but I few days ago, I opened it up and it quit after a few seconds. I kept open it with the...