Windows 10: Half of my apps have disappeared from my desktop

Discus and support Half of my apps have disappeared from my desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday, I decided to attempt creating a second user on my Windows 10 pc for a family member to use. I only installed google chrome onto the desktop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ZanderMyers, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Half of my apps have disappeared from my desktop

Yesterday, I decided to attempt creating a second user on my Windows 10 pc for a family member to use. I only installed google chrome onto the desktop, then signed out and returned to my account. I continued using it for the rest of the day, and then again this morning with no issues. I turned off the pc and left for the day.

When I returned to my pc tonight, I found that half of my desktop icons are missing. Not just shortcuts, but the actual exe. files for game launchers and such are no longer on my desktop. I can still find them through the search bar, and they launch properly, but this is still a strange issue and rather annoying. What did I do that could have caused this, and what is a quick way to get my icons back? even if it requires manually searching and replacing each icon

The issue could not be "hide icons" or "show icons", because only some are missing. It seems that shortcuts are the only icons which remain, because my Steam game shortcuts are still here while the icon for Steam itself is not. Same goes for the Blizzard launcher, a few games, and the programs which I use for my mouse and keyboard.

:)

ZanderMyers, Nov 21, 2020

2. App list flash then disappear

strange! When browse app list in the store, scroll down the list, some more app flash for half second then disappear. Pls help.

patrickngai, Nov 21, 2020
  3. The 'Photos' app for photo viewing has disappeared.

I do not understand this, when I returned to the PC later today my original settings had returned to the start screen, including one other tile which I had also lost but had not yet re-instated. Also the original list of 'All apps' had returned to the start
    screen, including 'Photos'. There is nothing that I am aware of having done that should have caused the original disappearance of some apps from the 'All apps' list and their associated tiles, or that could have caused them to return.

It has therefore been unnecessary to follow your suggested steps, though I have done so anyway and it works as suggested. Note that I had followed your steps 1 & 2 earlier which is why I knew 'Photos' had not disappeared from the PC but was simply not
    visible on the 'All apps' list and hence my inability to re-pin the tile.

Thank you for your reply and understanding my frustration.

Frustrated - Belfast, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Half of my apps have disappeared from my desktop

Desktop icons disappear in lower half of screen

What do you use to get this group of icons at the top of the screen?

Half of my apps have disappeared from my desktop [​IMG]

Maybe it is interfering with displaying the desktop icons? Tried turning it off?

Thema:

Half of my apps have disappeared from my desktop

1. Half of my apps have disappeared from my desktop - Similar Threads - Half apps disappeared

2. Half of my apps have disappeared from my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Half of my apps have disappeared from my desktop: Hello. I found this incomplete thread from a couple of years ago, and I have the same question. There was a response, but the original poster never replied:"Yesterday, I decided to attempt creating a second user on my Windows 10 pc for a family member to use. I only installed...
  3. Half of my apps have disappeared from my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Half of my apps have disappeared from my desktop: Hello. I found this incomplete thread from a couple of years ago, and I have the same question. There was a response, but the original poster never replied:"Yesterday, I decided to attempt creating a second user on my Windows 10 pc for a family member to use. I only installed...
  4. Half of my apps have disappeared from my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. The icons have disappeared from my desktop.

The icons have disappeared from my desktop.: All the icons have disappeared from my desktop. How do I get them back ? I am not in tablet mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icons-have-disappeared-from-my-desktop/f167b396-ed0a-4a08-9af5-c97edee10888
  6. More than half my files on desktop disappeared randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    More than half my files on desktop disappeared randomly: I was using my PC and randomly, more than half of the items on my desktop is gone (shortcuts, files, etc.). The last app I used was Mediamonkey to listen to music. I re-added a few shortcuts and that they showed up. I did not update my PC and nothing changed to my knowledge....
  7. Half of my desktop icons have disappeared and all of my downloads and other PC files are gone.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Half of my desktop icons have disappeared and all of my downloads and other PC files are gone.: Hi there, I woke up this morning to my computer being on, which was odd because I know I had turned it off safely and correctly the night before. I don't think anything of it and figure we may have lost power because of a storm, get up and open up the computer to everything...
  8. my files from the desktop disappeared

my files from the desktop disappeared: It was just last night when I updated my laptop to windows 10, then the next morning, all of the files that were on the desktop vanished. The background resets on its default background which is a blue windows. Please help me....
  9. apps disappeared from desktop

apps disappeared from desktop: how to replace Windows and Microsoft support/help icons on my desktop where they were until a few moments ago. Also they are no longer listed in the start menu....
  10. my folders disappeared from my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my folders disappeared from my desktop: How do I get my folders to show when I first turn on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-folders-disappeared-from-my-desktop/244aef35-f993-47c3-aca4-fa34065e6ecb"