Windows 10: Half of my games are suddenly running at exactly 1fps

Discus and support Half of my games are suddenly running at exactly 1fps in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi guys, hope this is the right board for this question, as it appears it could be PC-software-related as opposed to any specific game or hardware. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by polyfrog99, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Half of my games are suddenly running at exactly 1fps

Hi guys, hope this is the right board for this question, as it appears it could be PC-software-related as opposed to any specific game or hardware.

In the last couple of days I've had a bizarre issue where many, but not all, of my steam games have started running at 1fps, where they normally would run at 60fps fine.

I've had a really hard time trying to troubleshoot this. I've tried sfc/ scannow, I've tried reinstalling NVIDIA drivers with DDU, I've tried rolling back to older graphics drivers, I've reset all my hardware to factory clocks, I've done all windows updates, I've reinstalled the games, moved them to a different drive, updated my BIOS, disabled steam overlay, and wiped steam download cache.

Games such as Fall guys, Assetto Corsa, Rocket League and Killing Floor have this problem. CS:GO and Warzone do not.

Assetto corsa, as a racing game, has a lap time stopwatch that counts up in-game. Weirdly, this stopwatch showed that ever frame that I was getting was EXACTLY 1 second apart. I.e, the stopwatch would show 30.554, 31.554, 32.554, and so on.

I'm running on W10 Pro v2004, with a gtx 1660s and an i5 4690k.

Do you guys have any ideas for troubleshooting this issue? I'm really at a loss for ideas.

:)

polyfrog99, Sep 12, 2020

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Half of my games are suddenly running at exactly 1fps

Games folder suddenly empty Windows 10

Using Windows 10. This morning the games folder was suddenly empty. I found instructions that were for Windows 7 on how to turn on games, and tried to use the same method, but when I went to "turn windows features on and off" in the Windows 10 control
    panel, 'games' isn't on the list. Any suggestions?

joesoup(2), Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Half of my games are suddenly running at exactly 1fps

1. Half of my games are suddenly running at exactly 1fps - Similar Threads - Half games are

2. Suddenly my all the games and heavy software are not launching but running in the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly my all the games and heavy software are not launching but running in the...: One day suddenly my all games and heavy software are not launching but are running in the backgroundtask manager on opening the games. I tried reintalling the software and games.Also I tried updating the drivers but still the problems didn't solved.My system specsMSIGraphic...
  3. why are most of my Steam games and Google running at exactly 1fps?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why are most of my Steam games and Google running at exactly 1fps?: i have no clue, some games run normally but others don't. Google also runs at 1fps but the computer is fine, like, when i go to the desktop the pc runs completely fine, just google and some games have that stable 1fps, it doesn't go high or down, just 1fps...
  4. why are most of my Steam games and Google running at exactly 1fps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are most of my Steam games and Google running at exactly 1fps?: i have no clue, some games run normally but others don't. Google also runs at 1fps but the computer is fine, like, when i go to the desktop the pc runs completely fine, just google and some games have that stable 1fps, it doesn't go high or down, just 1fps...
  5. why are most of my Steam games and Google running at exactly 1fps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My computer suddenly runs all games slowly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer suddenly runs all games slowly: Hi, as the title says, my computer suddenly runs all of my games slowly. Normally, I play Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead. Both of these games are incredibly old, so I would understand why they wouldn't perform optimally, but I have a very specific set of in-game settings...
  7. Half of my games are suddenly running at exactly 1fps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Half of my games are suddenly running at exactly 1fps: Hi guys, hope this is the right board for this question, as it appears it could be PC-software-related as opposed to any specific game or hardware. In the last couple of days I've had a bizarre issue where many, but not all, of my steam games have started running at 1fps,...
  8. game suddenly wont run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game suddenly wont run: i installed a game and it worked just fine even thought it had some crashes, but at least it worked. suddenly the game just wont run like no thing happens literally when i try to run it. i had tried to reinstall it, but it didn't fix the problem. why is that happening and how...
  9. Games running for less than half the usual fps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games running for less than half the usual fps: Hello there, this is my first time posting here so bear with me. Since 3 days ago, while i was playing a game Sekiro shadows die twice i was playing normally, capped at 60 steady fps, nothing that my PC can't handle. About 45 minutes in, the game suddenly froze for a second...
  10. Windows 10 makes all my games run with half a FPS. HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 makes all my games run with half a FPS. HELP!: All the games i could previously play on 100 FPS or more now run with like a single frame a second. Why is this, and how can i fix it? 11195