Windows 10: Half of my Memory is in my System Reserve?

Discus and support Half of my Memory is in my System Reserve? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been dealing with this for a few months and now its a constant thing. When i boot into the BIOS t can read all slots have memory in them. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RealTechNerd, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Half of my Memory is in my System Reserve?

I have been dealing with this for a few months and now its a constant thing. When i boot into the BIOS t can read all slots have memory in them. It totals out to 16GB total Memory. But when i boot into Windows in the Task Manager Half of my memory is in hardware reserve?

Can someone help me out to fix this issue please.

My Hardware Specs are as follows:

CPU:AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight Core Processor

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1600 PC3 12800

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P Rev 2.0

Half of my Memory is in my System Reserve? 13098a24-61b8-4a8c-8135-32a141708f4d?upload=true.png Half of my Memory is in my System Reserve? 403469b5-c07d-4b67-904a-8a039f4df5a8?upload=true.png

:)

RealTechNerd, Sep 28, 2018

2. System Reserved Memory issue

Hi Rowan,

The reduction in available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

• The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices
    • The ability of the motherboard to handle memory
    • The system BIOS version and settings
    • The version of Windows 10 that is installed
    • Other system settings

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest that you check your system for memory problems.

Here's how:

• Type mdsched.exe in the search bar and select the best match.
    • When prompted by the User Account Control, enter an admin user name and password, and click
      Yes.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run it.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Hardware Reserved Memory 5.5GB

If you feel comfortable doing your own system tweaking I would suggest this advice provided on this website: Top 10 Ways to Fix High RAM/CPU Memory Usage after Windows 10 Update | Drive The Life Do perform steps 1(return this registry "VALUE DATA") entry back to 0 after restart)thru 10, exclude step 2, as that is a download that you do not need at this time. After all that
    go to trusted site by Black Viper for advice on your win 10 operating system Services configuration for normal ops and set your services according to Mister Vipers suggestions. His website is here: Black Vipers Windows 10 Service Configurations » Black Viper | www.blackviper.com Some of these suggestions if not down properly could render your operating system un-usable, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. However, I have used the advice given here and personally have not caused any problems to my own system and in fact this advice has significantly improved performance and reduced the load on memory to a negligible amount . Best of Luck.

I remember when 256Mb was a lot of ram and you could upgrade to 512 for about 150 bucks (maybe more). Just sayin.

lopedoggie, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Half of my Memory is in my System Reserve?

System & Reserved almost full?

Thank you for the information and posting back.

High System & Reserved memory usage could be due to the following:

• High Windows.old file(s) size
    • Large cache of trace files size
    • Windows 10 system file issues

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Do you have a C:\windows.old folder on your C: drive?
    • Which Windows version and build are you using? Type winver on search box and press
      Enter.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you post a screenshot of what is inside the System & reserved storage? Double-click System & reserved. See picture below for reference.

Half of my Memory is in my System Reserve? 3b68d058-4ea9-4b39-874f-7885d566e601.png

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

Half of my Memory is in my System Reserve?

1. Half of my Memory is in my System Reserve? - Similar Threads - Half Memory System

2. Hardware reserved half of my ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardware reserved half of my ram: Hello, I am currently having a RAM issue, about 2 days ago I had taken out a ram stick. I placed it back firmly and made sure it was all good and connected. Well when I check task manager, it does indeed show 16GB 8x2. But the big issue I’m having is that only 8 is being...
  3. Hardware reserved half of my ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hardware reserved half of my ram: Hello, I am currently having a RAM issue, about 2 days ago I had taken out a ram stick. I placed it back firmly and made sure it was all good and connected. Well when I check task manager, it does indeed show 16GB 8x2. But the big issue I’m having is that only 8 is being...
  4. Hardware reserved half of my ram

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Want to Reduce my Hardware Reserved Memory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Want to Reduce my Hardware Reserved Memory: Hey,Actually 2GB of my Memory is being reserved for my hardware. Out of 8GB I am able to use only 5.9GB of it. This value was somewhere 6.8/6.9 earlier. I have no Idea how it got changed.All screenshots are attached below....
  6. ‘Hardware Reserved’ Windows is using half of my RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ‘Hardware Reserved’ Windows is using half of my RAM: [ATTACH] I posted about this before on other subreddits and have done a chunk of research myself. I keep reaching dead ends but here I am trying again because I really want the best performance out of my rig. I have 16 gigs of RAM but have noticed that according to task...
  7. Most of my memory is hardware reserved.

Most of my memory is hardware reserved.: So let me tell my laptop's configuration first: OS Name : Microsoft Windows 10 Home Single Language System Type : x64-based PC Processor : AMD Ryzen 3 3250U with Radeon Graphics Installed Physical Memory RAM : 8.00 GB Let me know, if you need any other details. So,...
  8. Hardware reserving half my RAM

Hardware reserving half my RAM: I've been trying to fix a problem where my hardware will reserve 8gb of RAM, and my pc won't use my graphics card, even though it says its working fine, I believe the problem might be because of integrated graphics, that is using ram, and taking my graphics card place....
  9. Half my RAM is hardware reserved

Half my RAM is hardware reserved: Hi, Recently, I added 4GB of RAM to my computer, bringing it up to 8GB. However, it appears that all this has done is increase the Hardware Reserved Memory to 4.3GB. In other words, I am getting absolutely no benefit from the additional RAM. Following advice given...
  10. HDD Drive changed to System Reserved (D:) and lost half of its original memory space.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Drive changed to System Reserved (D:) and lost half of its original memory space.: I had recently done a clean windows 10 install through a USB as my previous windows 10 update had been corrupted, I remember selecting my SDD C: drive as the drive that will have the OS download, but now when moving my backup files back into the computer, I see that the once...