Windows 10: Half of my screen got physically destroyed. Is there is a way to set resolution based on...

Discus and support Half of my screen got physically destroyed. Is there is a way to set resolution based on... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So.. half of my screen(right side) physically destroyed and that side is not working. But other side works well. Is there is a way to set resolution of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cpt_Winters, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Half of my screen got physically destroyed. Is there is a way to set resolution based on...

So.. half of my screen(right side) physically destroyed and that side is not working. But other side works well. Is there is a way to set resolution of Windows 10 for working only left side?

Here is an example: https://i.imgur.com/D3z0OVS.png

submitted by /u/Cpt_Winters
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cpt_Winters, Nov 1, 2021

2. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 1, 2021
  3. My screen resolution has zoomed in

Hi, Daniel.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to check the resolution of your screen and make changes according to your requirements. To change screen resolution follow the steps below

• Go to your Desktop, right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.
    • A panel will open. Here you can adjust the size of text, apps, and other items and also change the orientation. To change the
      resolution settings, scroll down this window and click on
      Advanced Display Settings
    1366 X 768 is the recommended screen resolution

• You can change it according to your requirements.
    NOTE: Lower is the resolution, larger is the content displayed on your screen. From the available options in the drop-down menu, select the one you want and click Apply

• If it is not the optimal setting for your system, you will see an Optimal Resolution Notification

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Nov 1, 2021
  4. Half of my screen got physically destroyed. Is there is a way to set resolution based on...

Screen Resolution

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you have a few doubts regarding your Windows 10 screen resolution. Let me help you.

• Do you see any error message or error code on the screen?

• What is the model of your computer?

• Are you able to access the modern apps?

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.
    Refer to: How
    to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the
      Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 1, 2021
Thema:

Half of my screen got physically destroyed. Is there is a way to set resolution based on...

1. Half of my screen got physically destroyed. Is there is a way to set resolution based on... - Similar Threads - Half screen got

2. MY SCREEN GOT LINES! HELP! Half screen is random colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY SCREEN GOT LINES! HELP! Half screen is random colors: I was using this laptop normally and then I turned it off. I turn it on after then and saw screen turning pink which game me goosebumps and I turned it off with fear. Then I turn it on and What just happened my screen is half white or like this! Getting errors at welcome...
  3. MY SCREEN GOT LINES! HELP! Half screen is random colors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY SCREEN GOT LINES! HELP! Half screen is random colors: I was using this laptop normally and then I turned it off. I turn it on after then and saw screen turning pink which game me goosebumps and I turned it off with fear. Then I turn it on and What just happened my screen is half white or like this! Getting errors at welcome...
  4. MY SCREEN GOT LINES! HELP! Half screen is random colors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Online screen resolution tests show half of native resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Online screen resolution tests show half of native resolution: Hello, I have had this problem since 10/22. I have a been using a Lenovo laptop with HDMI to 4k tv for extended monitor. It worked fine since 2017. 1080p res all of the sudden downgraded to 1231 x693. Or just a cheap 720. Please remember the tv is 4k, so it was displaying...
  6. Online screen resolution tests show half of native resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Online screen resolution tests show half of native resolution: Hello, I have had this problem since 10/22. I have a been using a Lenovo laptop with HDMI to 4k tv for extended monitor. It worked fine since 2017. 1080p res all of the sudden downgraded to 1231 x693. Or just a cheap 720. Please remember the tv is 4k, so it was displaying...
  7. Windows uses half my physical RAM for Virtual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows uses half my physical RAM for Virtual: I have 128gb RAM installed. MSINFO tells me there is only 64gb physical and that the other 64gb is being used by Virtual Memory. If I physically remove half my RAM down to 64gb the system tells me I have 32gb. I am on Windows 11, the problem existed in Windows 10, and the...
  8. Windows uses half my physical RAM for Virtual

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows uses half my physical RAM for Virtual: I have 128gb RAM installed. MSINFO tells me there is only 64gb physical and that the other 64gb is being used by Virtual Memory. If I physically remove half my RAM down to 64gb the system tells me I have 32gb. I am on Windows 11, the problem existed in Windows 10, and the...
  9. Half of my screen got physically destroyed. Is there is a way to set resolution based on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Half of my screen got physically destroyed. Is there is a way to set resolution based on...: So.. half of my screen(right side) physically destroyed and that side is not working. But other side works well. Is there is a way to set resolution of Windows 10 for working only left side? Here is an example: https://i.imgur.com/D3z0OVS.png submitted by /u/Cpt_Winters...
  10. Is there a way to automatically change resolutions based on battery state?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to automatically change resolutions based on battery state?: I've a 4k laptop and wish to go from 4k plugged in to 1920 when on battery state. Does anyone know of a program or hack of sorts to get this to automaically happen? I'm aware it's still the same pixel count being drawn but it DOES have an affect on battery life when screen...