Windows 10: Half of the Cortana Search is covered.

Discus and support Half of the Cortana Search is covered. in Cortana to solve the problem; When I open cortana and search for something, a gray bar covers most of the search box. This only happens randomly. Any idea why this happens?[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by LiquidFlare, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Half of the Cortana Search is covered.

When I open cortana and search for something, a gray bar covers most of the search box. This only happens randomly. Any idea why this happens? Half of the Cortana Search is covered. 74e7ee74-8dfd-4d9e-aa22-386741943580?upload=true.png

:)

LiquidFlare, Jan 3, 2019
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Half of the Cortana Search is covered. [​IMG]

Try0x101, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Half of the Cortana Search is covered.

Search without Cortana

Hi,

The search function on Cortana showing both local and online suggestions is designed to help users to gain full access to all the possible search results. If you're trying to search for a local file without picking up online suggestions, we recommend that
    you use the filter option to refine the search. Here are the steps on how to set the filter:

• Type the word that you're trying to search.
    • Select the appropriate filter for the desired result.

Half of the Cortana Search is covered. 8f635b1a-87cb-478c-89d6-f384502ffef7.png
    • Wait for the list to load and click the desired search result.

Basic searches like, function, settings, and location doesn't require filter. In addition, you can click the drop-down arrow for
    Filters to view other filter type.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Half of the Cortana Search is covered.

1. Half of the Cortana Search is covered. - Similar Threads - Half Cortana Search

2. black bars covering taskbar sometimes half the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black bars covering taskbar sometimes half the screen: When my monitor refresh rate is set to 60, the black bar's height is lower but it still exists. When my monitor's refresh rate is 144Hz. It covers half the taskbar, yet when my laptop is hot, the black bar's height is lower. when I turn on the AC in my room, the black bar...
  3. black bars covering taskbar sometimes half the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black bars covering taskbar sometimes half the screen: When my monitor refresh rate is set to 60, the black bar's height is lower but it still exists. When my monitor's refresh rate is 144Hz. It covers half the taskbar, yet when my laptop is hot, the black bar's height is lower. when I turn on the AC in my room, the black bar...
  4. What is this covering half my search menu, and how do I get rid of it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is this covering half my search menu, and how do I get rid of it: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hyperman500 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ln4ema/what_is_this_covering_half_my_search_menu_and_how/
  5. Search covered by black box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search covered by black box: Hi! Suddenly today, for no apparent reason, my search is acting funny. No matter what I have to do with search, local or online, a black box has started to appear on it and I can no longer search from there. As you can see in theimage click on the word "image", for some...
  6. Start menu covered by search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu covered by search: [ATTACH] I would appreciate help with a problem I accidentally created. I decided to do this registry tweak https://news.softpedia.com/news/how-to-try-out-the-rounded-corners-ui-in-windows-10-version-1903-526546.shtml. After I restarted my computer the start menu was...
  7. Cortana & Search

in Cortana
    Cortana & Search: Dear Sirs Recently my Cortana has stopped searching, stating that there is no internet connection. However, the internet connection is fine and and strong and nothing else reports this problem. I have no problems browsing at all. What's going on?...
  8. CORTANA search

in Cortana
    CORTANA search: Hi All, Is there a way to configure CORTANA to search for specific words from a documents contained in specific folder only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search/98bd5c7b-8da6-4617-b617-cb347ba56cf7"
  9. Hi, Community. Suddenly my Cortana/Search/Taskbar covers the lower half of my 10.6-in....

in Cortana
    Hi, Community. Suddenly my Cortana/Search/Taskbar covers the lower half of my 10.6-in....: I was typing along on my Surface 2 Pro with a new Type Cover 2 and newly-upgraded Windows 10 Pro (2018). I touched something on the Taskbar (I don't know what), but suddenly the Taskbar covers the bottom half of my touch screen, and it activated Cortana (which I don't use)....
  10. Search box covers shortcuts!

in Windows 10 Support
    Search box covers shortcuts!: After upgrading windows 8.1 to 10, there is a problem in taskbar. Search box and task view button covers pinned application icons and if I want to make shortcuts visible I have to hide them. Look at the video I recorded from this strange bug:...