Windows 10: Half sleep state? Wierd state that won't start...

Discus and support Half sleep state? Wierd state that won't start... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am finding that occasionally my Windows 10 Pro pc will seem to be aleep, that is, screen blank, no response to keyboard or mouse, or power button.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 56Kruiser, Jan 22, 2016.

1. 56Kruiser Win User

Half sleep state? Wierd state that won't start...

I am finding that occasionally my Windows 10 Pro pc will seem to be aleep, that is, screen blank, no response to keyboard or mouse, or power button. But the fans are going. To get it going I must hold the power button down until it completely shuts it off, and I can then restart it.

Any ideas what the heck is going on?

:)

56Kruiser, Jan 22, 2016

2. sfc /scannow won't complete

Thanks; Boy I must be half a sleep.

SilverBack70, Jan 22, 2016
  3. MattSpeer Win User
    Desktop Monitor Doesn't Fully Go to Sleep

I have a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit desktop. My issue is that my monitor only sometimes goes into normal black screen sleep after the allotted inactivity time has expired. Half the time it goes into a partial sleep state where nothing is on the screen, but it
    is still glowing slightly gray. The other half of the time it goes completely black like it's supposed to. It has done this through the last two monitors I have owned (a 4K Dell and a 21:9 Samsung) and two Nvidia GTX video cards (970 and 1070). Software is
    all up to date.

What might cause the monitor to stay in the glowing state rather than fully going black? It will stay in that state until I wake the computer up. It's not like it starts glowing and then eventually goes black.

MattSpeer, Jan 22, 2016
Thema:

Half sleep state? Wierd state that won't start...

1. Half sleep state? Wierd state that won't start... - Similar Threads - Half sleep state

2. Windows won't update. States "no Internet" Troubleshooter states "connected to internet"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't update. States "no Internet" Troubleshooter states "connected to internet"...: Hello! The wifi icon at the bottom of screen states "connected- no internet". When I run the trouble shooter, it states "connect to internet no issues found". When I try to do the windows update it states "Not connected to internet". I attempted to update the Realtek...
  3. Windows won't update. States "no Internet" Troubleshooter states "connected to internet"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't update. States "no Internet" Troubleshooter states "connected to internet"...: Hello! The wifi icon at the bottom of screen states "connected- no internet". When I run the trouble shooter, it states "connect to internet no issues found". When I try to do the windows update it states "Not connected to internet". I attempted to update the Realtek...
  4. Sleep states not available on system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep states not available on system: Hi,My laptop does not enter sleep, instead it enters hibernate. I ran powercfg /a, and got the following:The following sleep states are available on this system: Standby S0 Low Power Idle Network Connected HibernateThe following sleep states are not available on this system:...
  5. Sleep states not available on system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep states not available on system: Hi,My laptop does not enter sleep, instead it enters hibernate. I ran powercfg /a, and got the following:The following sleep states are available on this system: Standby S0 Low Power Idle Network Connected HibernateThe following sleep states are not available on this system:...
  6. sleep state is strange

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep state is strange: Hi.After recent win10 21H1 updates 2021/10/2~6, my PC sleeps ? in a strange way.1. PC enters sleep state S3 immediately after pushing power buttonEventData TargetState 4 EffectiveState 4 Reason 0 Flags 1 TransitionsToOn 7 2. PC wakes up automatically from sleep state after...
  7. Wake up from Sleep state

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake up from Sleep state: I have a annoying issue: my PC (Win10 64 bit, version 1909, - desktop HP) [img] is wake up from Sleep mode randomly, without any apparent user intervention. Of course, I checked in my command line powercfg -devicequery wake_armed, and as response I got NONE. However, my...
  8. System will not go into hibernate state from sleep state

System will not go into hibernate state from sleep state: There is a issue on my system, my power setting as below. when my system was in sleep state, I found it would be awakened to desktop instead of went into hibernate state after 180 minutes. If I disable the RTC wake support for hibernate,the system could went into hibernate...
  9. Problems waking from sleep state

Problems waking from sleep state: Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro x64 has an issue waking from sleep. Moving mouse/pressing keyboard wakes the computer, and once desktop displays, the mouse and keyboard does not function and ethernet has red X. Mouse is wireless (USB transceiver) and switching USB ports will...
  10. Sleep states, how to control

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleep states, how to control: I believe that when Windows enters sleep, it goes from a light sleep state into deeper states. Is it possible to control when it does this, how long it spends in each state? I have a tablet that, after it's gone to sleep, can be woken up by the Windows key any time. I...