Windows 10: Halo 2 problem - Live already running

Discus and support Halo 2 problem - Live already running in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I cannot get Halo 2 to run on Windows 10 (fresh install not upgrade). It tells me that there is already a Live account running although I have no such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by squawksarah, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Halo 2 problem - Live already running

I cannot get Halo 2 to run on Windows 10 (fresh install not upgrade). It tells me that there is already a Live account running although I have no such account. Is this due to the Xbox system in W10? I don't use Xbox on W10 and cannot uninstall it as it is a mandatory system app. Has anyone got Halo 2 to work?

:)

squawksarah, Aug 22, 2015

2. Halo 2 on Windows 10 - Problems

Hello, I`ve recently installed Windows 10 to my laptop. I wanted to play halo 2 from a long time but heard that it can only be played on windows vista and xp. since it was a long time I saw it. I checked google whether we can play halo 2 on windows 10. I
    saw and there was a post of Microsoft saying that there are no problems in windows 8 and windows 10 for halo 2. I`ve downloaded Halo 2 , few dll were not there I downloaded and the xlive problem I even downloaded the windows GAMING LIVE app. its done. but
    when I'm trying to open it

It says "LIVE GAMING on Windows Failed to Initialize. This maybe because Another LIVE GAMING on Windows Application. (Such as the Halo 2 Dedicated Server) is running on the same machine . Otherwise reinstalling the game may fix this problem."

please help me with this problem. I love to play Halo 2. Thanks

ManviQuadri, Aug 22, 2015
  3. DDDRD Win User
    Halo 2 and Win 10

Just ran it again. Here is the specific error message:

LIVE Gaming on Windows failed to initialize. This may be because another LIVE gaming on Windows application (such as the Halo 2 dedicated server) is running on the same machine. Otherwise, reinstalling the game may fix this problem

I did uninstall/reinstall and that did not work.

DDDRD, Aug 22, 2015
  4. Halo 2 problem - Live already running

Nobody running Halo 2 on Win10 then??

squawksarah, Sep 1, 2015
Thema:

Halo 2 problem - Live already running

1. Halo 2 problem - Live already running - Similar Threads - Halo problem Live

2. Halo Wars 2 Will Not Run

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Halo Wars 2 Will Not Run: I am having the same problem so many other people seem to have encountered. Yesterday when I tried to start the game, the initial window briefly flashed onto the screen and then went away. I tried all of the things suggested in other posts like running the Windows Store...
  3. Halo Wars 2 Will Not Run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Halo Wars 2 Will Not Run: I am having the same problem so many other people seem to have encountered. Yesterday when I tried to start the game, the initial window briefly flashed onto the screen and then went away. I tried all of the things suggested in other posts like running the Windows Store...
  4. Halo Wars 2 Will Not Run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Halo Wars 2 DLC problems

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Halo Wars 2 DLC problems: I paid for the DLC for halo wars 2. awakening the nightmare a few days ago, it keeps saying it cant be downloaded on my device, yet the main game is fine :/ Can i be helped please as i feel like ive just wasted my money on this dlc......
  6. Halo 2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Halo 2: i have installed Halo 2 but after i open the game it is asking for windows live login but even when i provide the credentials it is still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/halo-2/0f6a0fb2-4611-404b-9ccb-b5c8215e7784
  7. Halo 2 for PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Halo 2 for PC: I am trying to reinstall Halo 2 for PC on my notebook. I have in the past activated it with the same purchased serial number but I cannot reactivate it due to too many activations in the past. Is there a way to rectify this? I love Halo 1 and 2. Halo 1 gives me no problems...
  8. Halo Wars 2 saving problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Halo Wars 2 saving problem: I bought halo wars 2 complete edition on windows store 3 weeks ago. It was working perfectly at first i managed to clear most the campaign but one day I turned the game on to find that all my game data got deleted. It was frustrating but i tried to play the campaign again but...
  9. halo 2 questions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    halo 2 questions?: I was wondering if halo 2 can be played as a single player game and can it be played offline? 120439
  10. Tune in Today to Halo Wars 2: Live

in Windows 10 News
    Tune in Today to Halo Wars 2: Live: gUIdlyaBdnc We’re only days away from the official launch of Halo Wars 2 next week, and just a few hours from early access availability tomorrow! As announced back in January, Xbox is celebrating the launch of Halo Wars 2 by inviting you to tune-in to a livestreamed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. halo 2 problems with game server

2. halo 2 pc win 10 winows live server already running

3. halo 2 windows live problem on windows 10